1. #1
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Stank Ass Rank
    drtbear1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,513
    Credits
    55,141
    Thanks (Given)
    593
    Thanks (Received)
    776
    Likes (Given)
    2435
    Likes (Received)
    2521
    Dislikes (Given)
    2
    Dislikes (Received)
    5

    Default Pre Workout and ADHD

    theguerillachemist

    A lot of the high stim preworkouts on the market now utilize compounds like DMAA, DMHA, PEAs etc, which all inhibit the DAT(dopamine active transport). This is the same mechanism of action as amphetamine(adderall) and other ADHD meds. The reason why people need those medications is bc they produce less dopamine than most people. If they do not take them, they will constantly be looking around their surroundings for stimuli. This is how the body naturally releases dopamine. The lack of attention span is due to this need for the body to get outside stimulation and get its dopamine ďfix.Ē The more you take these PEA type stims, the more dopamine is released and blocked from reuptake. Eventually, you may need to take these compounds to focus due to your lack of natural dopamine production. My advice: always cycle stims and preworkouts, as well as taking a complete break from all stims for 5-7 consecutive days a month. During this time, utilize nootropic compounds like racetams, choline donors and other non-stim focus
    Thanks pgb thanked for this post
    Likes pgb, thx, Presser liked this post
     
    Get It Done!

  2. #2
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Semi-Contributer
    thx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    236
    Credits
    2,280
    Thanks (Given)
    29
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    286
    Likes (Received)
    170
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Very true! I'm thinking of quitting caffeine altogether. That stuff is amazing when tolerance is low, crazy focus and really good workouts at the gym. But when I'm back home I always feel really down, even though caffeine is still active. Love caffeine and stims in general, to bad tolerance builds up quickly. And it's really hard to get adhd/add medications where I live.
    Likes drtbear1967 liked this post
     

  3. #3
    Everything Is Relative Stank Ass Rank
    Presser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    34,506
    Credits
    217,210
    Thanks (Given)
    2551
    Thanks (Received)
    3018
    Likes (Given)
    18284
    Likes (Received)
    14348
    Dislikes (Given)
    40
    Dislikes (Received)
    6

    Default

    Man, I have been taking eca stacks for 18 years damn near non stop! I feel great! lol
    Likes drtbear1967, thx liked this post
     
    It's Never Crowded Along The Extra Mile




  4. #4
    MuscleChemistry Guru Veteran Member
    Maj7900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    568
    Credits
    4,141
    Thanks (Given)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    432
    Likes (Received)
    304
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    The caffeine is tough. Iím down to 100mg as a per workout now. No coffee (except when the wife wants to go out for breakfast). Every since I started carb loading before my workouts I really havenít felt the need for explosive preworkout drinks


    Team MeccaGear!
    Likes thx liked this post
     

  5. #5
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Stank Ass Rank
    drtbear1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,513
    Credits
    55,141
    Thanks (Given)
    593
    Thanks (Received)
    776
    Likes (Given)
    2435
    Likes (Received)
    2521
    Dislikes (Given)
    2
    Dislikes (Received)
    5

    Default

    Trained 20 years without any pre workouts. Jacked 3 d and I.M.R. were the first ones I tried and I loved the focus. I just train now and take one every once in a while for shits and giggles.
    Likes Maj7900, thx liked this post
     
    Get It Done!

  6. #6
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Semi-Contributer
    thx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    236
    Credits
    2,280
    Thanks (Given)
    29
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    286
    Likes (Received)
    170
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maj7900 View Post
    The caffeine is tough. I’m down to 100mg as a per workout now. No coffee (except when the wife wants to go out for breakfast). Every since I started carb loading before my workouts I really haven’t felt the need for explosive preworkout drinks


    Team MeccaGear!
    What do you eat, how much and how long before workout?


    drtbear1967 jack3d was awesome, probably because of the DMAA When it comes to focusing and good workouts I haven't found a better PWO yet.
    Now that I've learned more about PWO ingredients etc. Jack3d was mostly a stim.
    Likes Maj7900 liked this post
     

  7. #7
    MuscleChemistry Guru Veteran Member
    Maj7900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    568
    Credits
    4,141
    Thanks (Given)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    432
    Likes (Received)
    304
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thx View Post
    What do you eat, how much and how long before workout?


    drtbear1967 jack3d was awesome, probably because of the DMAA When it comes to focusing and good workouts I haven't found a better PWO yet.
    Now that I've learned more about PWO ingredients etc. Jack3d was mostly a stim.
    One cup of rice mixed with some MCT oil and whatever meat Iím eating that week. About 4oz of it. And on heavy or long days I add one Larryís complete protein cookie in there. I eat the rice and meat about 1 1/2 hours before the the cookie at 45 mins with the 100 mg of caffeine. I have three or four bottles of pre but havenít needed them since I started doing this.


    Team MeccaGear!
    Likes thx liked this post
     

  8. #8
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Semi-Contributer
    thx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    236
    Credits
    2,280
    Thanks (Given)
    29
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    286
    Likes (Received)
    170
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maj7900 View Post
    One cup of rice mixed with some MCT oil and whatever meat I’m eating that week. About 4oz of it. And on heavy or long days I add one Larry’s complete protein cookie in there. I eat the rice and meat about 1 1/2 hours before the the cookie at 45 mins with the 100 mg of caffeine. I have three or four bottles of pre but haven’t needed them since I started doing this.


    Team MeccaGear!
    This is similar to how I eat. Except for the MCT.

    I always take l-citruline malate 6-8g, beta alanine 5-6g, taurine 2-3g and salt about 15min before workout.
    The days I take caffeine I take about 400mg+ (used to take a lot more before) 1hour before workout. Also add l-tyrosine.
    Try to stay off the caffaine as much as I can.

    I usually feel tired at the gym and nowadays I have a very sedentary lifestyle.
     

  9. #9
    MuscleChemistry Guru Veteran Member
    Maj7900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    568
    Credits
    4,141
    Thanks (Given)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    432
    Likes (Received)
    304
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thx View Post
    This is similar to how I eat. Except for the MCT.

    I always take l-citruline malate 6-8g, beta alanine 5-6g, taurine 2-3g and salt about 15min before workout.
    The days I take caffeine I take about 400mg+ (used to take a lot more before) 1hour before workout. Also add l-tyrosine.
    Try to stay off the caffaine as much as I can.

    I usually feel tired at the gym and nowadays I have a very sedentary lifestyle.
    Beta-alanine and taurine is a good Energy stimulant right? Taurine is in Red Bull if Iím thinking correctly. I stay clear of salt now but thatís just due to bloat and heart burn. Salt blows me up worst than Dbol. Dialing in my carbs has been tough for me. I have a very active job at times and I stay at the low end of glycemic levels so a slow steady feed of carbs is needed but only enough to supply my need. So right now itís 300 ish grams of carbs a day with 250 g of protein but this is a cut and it works for me but only with high fat around the workout window to slow down the breakdown. I havenít truly bulked in a while (lean bulks) but when I do Iíve had to jack up intake to 4500 to see 1 to 1.5 lbs a week and some is fluffy. Carbs being a big total of them at 500grams +. But this method of carb loading has been working great for me and itís based on real food at the right time which is really the best way to have the needed nutrients and sustained energy when itís needed. AAS, peptides and sarms are really the easy part the Nutrition is where itís complicated.


    Team MeccaGear!
     

  10. #10
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Semi-Contributer
    thx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    236
    Credits
    2,280
    Thanks (Given)
    29
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    286
    Likes (Received)
    170
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maj7900 View Post
    Beta-alanine and taurine is a good Energy stimulant right? Taurine is in Red Bull if Iím thinking correctly. I stay clear of salt now but thatís just due to bloat and heart burn. Salt blows me up worst than Dbol. Dialing in my carbs has been tough for me. I have a very active job at times and I stay at the low end of glycemic levels so a slow steady feed of carbs is needed but only enough to supply my need. So right now itís 300 ish grams of carbs a day with 250 g of protein but this is a cut and it works for me but only with high fat around the workout window to slow down the breakdown. I havenít truly bulked in a while (lean bulks) but when I do Iíve had to jack up intake to 4500 to see 1 to 1.5 lbs a week and some is fluffy. Carbs being a big total of them at 500grams +. But this method of carb loading has been working great for me and itís based on real food at the right time which is really the best way to have the needed nutrients and sustained energy when itís needed. AAS, peptides and sarms are really the easy part the Nutrition is where itís complicated.



    Team MeccaGear!
    Beta alanine doesn't do much according to some (recent) studies. But when it comes to fatigue and muscle cramps during workouts it can help a little.
    Takes long time before you get full effect (have to take it daily for about 1 month).

    Taurine should help a lot when it comes to cramps because it maintains hydration and electrolyte balance. Regulates minerals etc. Yeah there is a little bit of taurine in red bull, I've read that effective dose is a couple of grams daily. I take about 2g.

    Seems like you're doing everything correct. Dirty bulking will only fuck everything up. Insulin sensitivity etc.

    AAS and peptides helps a lot when it comes to diets (whether it be bulking or cutting).
    Thanks Maj7900 thanked for this post
    Likes Maj7900 liked this post
     

  11. #11
    MuscleChemistry Guru Veteran Member
    Maj7900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    568
    Credits
    4,141
    Thanks (Given)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    77
    Likes (Given)
    432
    Likes (Received)
    304
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thx View Post
    Beta alanine doesn't do much according to some (recent) studies. But when it comes to fatigue and muscle cramps during workouts it can help a little.
    Takes long time before you get full effect (have to take it daily for about 1 month).

    Taurine should help a lot when it comes to cramps because it maintains hydration and electrolyte balance. Regulates minerals etc. Yeah there is a little bit of taurine in red bull, I've read that effective dose is a couple of grams daily. I take about 2g.

    Seems like you're doing everything correct. Dirty bulking will only fuck everything up. Insulin sensitivity etc.

    AAS and peptides helps a lot when it comes to diets (whether it be bulking or cutting).
    Thanks for the compliment. This is and alway will be change within progress.


    Team MeccaGear!
    Likes thx liked this post
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in