Bodybuilder Robert Taylor Fainted After 2023 Mr. Big Evolution Prejudging, Suffers Severe Skin Reaction

Muscle Insider

Popular 212 Bodybuilder, Robert Taylor, will need to take some much-needed time off following some bad luck at the 2023 Mr. Big Evolution Pro last weekend. In posts made to Instagram, Taylor revealed that he passed out after one round of posing and developed a severe skin reaction.

“Don’t know what has happened to my body – There are other big reasons too but for everyone who is wondering why I never came back out for routine and finals,” Taylor shared.

Taylor continues to gather steam in the IFBB Pro League. Last year, he claimed gold at the 2022 Musclecontest Ireland Pro, where he defeated contenders Pasquale D’Angelo and David Henry. This win earned him an invitation to the Olympia contest. He used the momentum at his next show, which came months later at the NPC Pennsylvania Muscle in third place.
Robert Taylor opened up about a back injury that prevented him from making it to the sport’s biggest stage. Last year, he shared that days were hard to get through without the use of prescription painkillers. While it would have been his first Mr. Olympia appearance, Taylor instead had to watch the event from the sidelines.

As of this year, Taylor wasted no time in going after his Olympia qualification. He brought his best to the recent 2023 Mr. Big Evolution Pro, though problem after problem arose. And while his skin irritation seemed unusual, retired Pro, Guy Cisternino, shared a near-identical photo of one such reaction he had in 2017. He called it ‘a fixed drug eruption mixed with a phototoxic reaction.’
Robert Taylor Shares Health Scare, Skin Reaction: “Nearly Ended Up In Hospital”
Below you can find Taylor’s statement and a video of him struggling to stay conscious after posing last weekend. Fortunately, he wasn’t hospitalized but reported feeling sick as the events unfolded.

“The bits people didn’t see –Passed out after stageWas in and out of consciousness for 3hrsNearly ended up in hospitalI did 1 round of posing on stage then I left the stage and refused to go back out (so no I didn’t finish last for all you nuggets out there) – I felt sick / poorly and could get zero pump + the flare up on the skin which I’m still confused over and trying to get answersPortugal has been the worst experience of my life which has left me deflated and going to take a long time to re build my confidence backI worked my absolute bollocks off for this prep and it should have been so smooth at the end but god had other plans for me – it’s going to take time to get the old me back but if there’s 1 man for the job it’s the Pitbull ?My health will always be priority and I will never ever repeat Portugal againWake up and smell the cookies guys please look after yourself ?Currently treating my skin issues and getting back into routine that’s my only goal right now ??” Robert Taylor shared.

In a separate post, Taylor showed off the severe skin reaction he’s suffering from. Currently, it’s being treated and his hope is to get back into a healthy routine soon.

Guy Cisternino’s Cautionary Tale: ‘Do Not Tan While on Diuretics’
With absolutely no idea how it happened, Taylor understandably had a lot of questions. Fans quickly took note that Guy Cisternino dealt with a similar ailment. Cisternino warned that he’s not a doctor but suspected that Taylor’s symptoms were caused by a ‘phototoxic’ reaction from diuretics. Cisternino went on to say that most diuretics come with a label that says users are advised to avoid sunlight/UV light or risk adverse reactions.
Guy shared that the condition produced a burning sensation. He underlined that he was forced to take Morphine and Dilaudid to stave off the pain, adding that he was poked with needles, and even had doctors mention it could’ve been a rare type of skin cancer.

Considering the nature of the sport, adverse skin reactions have become a more common problem among athletes. They can range from minor to quite severe, as displayed by a TikToker known as John Joshua James. He suffered from severe back acne as a result of using steroids for four months. Even though he’s suffered from widespread sores/scars on his back, James has no intention of stopping gear. He invited fans to join him on his journey to 180 pounds.
RELATED: Guy Cisternino Fires Back At Critics Over Viral Gym Fight Video: ‘I Felt Disrespected’
Fans are eager to see Robert Taylor make it to the Mr. Olympia stage, but recovery is his top priority in the meantime. As for Guy Cisternino, he hopes his message helps prevent others from going through similar situations.
Published: 12 July, 2023 | 11:34 AM EDT

Robert-Taylor.jpg
Popular 212 Bodybuilder, Robert Taylor, will need to take some much-needed time off following some bad luck at the 2023 Mr. Big Evolution Pro last weekend. In posts made to Instagram, Taylor revealed that he passed out after one round of posing and developed a severe skin reaction.

“Don’t know what has happened to my body – There are other big reasons too but for everyone who is wondering why I never came back out for routine and finals,” Taylor shared.

[/quote]
Taylor continues to gather steam in the IFBB Pro League. Last year, he claimed gold at the 2022 Musclecontest Ireland Pro, where he defeated contenders Pasquale D’Angelo and David Henry. This win earned him an invitation to the Olympia contest. He used the momentum at his next show, which came months later at the NPC Pennsylvania Muscle in third place.

Robert Taylor opened up about a back injury that prevented him from making it to the sport’s biggest stage. Last year, he shared that days were hard to get through without the use of prescription painkillers. While it would have been his first Mr. Olympia appearance, Taylor instead had to watch the event from the sidelines.

As of this year, Taylor wasted no time in going after his Olympia qualification. He brought his best to the recent 2023 Mr. Big Evolution Pro, though problem after problem arose. And while his skin irritation seemed unusual, retired Pro, Guy Cisternino, shared a near-identical photo of one such reaction he had in 2017. He called it ‘a fixed drug eruption mixed with a phototoxic reaction.’

Robert Taylor Shares Health Scare, Skin Reaction: “Nearly Ended Up In Hospital”
Below you can find Taylor’s statement and a video of him struggling to stay conscious after posing last weekend. Fortunately, he wasn’t hospitalized but reported feeling sick as the events unfolded.

“The bits people didn’t see –

Passed out after stage

Was in and out of consciousness for 3hrs

Nearly ended up in hospital

I did 1 round of posing on stage then I left the stage and refused to go back out (so no I didn’t finish last for all you nuggets out there) – I felt sick / poorly and could get zero pump + the flare up on the skin which I’m still confused over and trying to get answers

Portugal has been the worst experience of my life which has left me deflated and going to take a long time to re build my confidence back

I worked my absolute bollocks off for this prep and it should have been so smooth at the end but god had other plans for me – it’s going to take time to get the old me back but if there’s 1 man for the job it’s the Pitbull ?

My health will always be priority and I will never ever repeat Portugal again

Wake up and smell the cookies guys please look after yourself ?

Currently treating my skin issues and getting back into routine that’s my only goal right now ??” Robert Taylor shared.

[/quote]

In a separate post, Taylor showed off the severe skin reaction he’s suffering from. Currently, it’s being treated and his hope is to get back into a healthy routine soon.

Guy Cisternino’s Cautionary Tale: ‘Do Not Tan While on Diuretics’
With absolutely no idea how it happened, Taylor understandably had a lot of questions. Fans quickly took note that Guy Cisternino dealt with a similar ailment. Cisternino warned that he’s not a doctor but suspected that Taylor’s symptoms were caused by a ‘phototoxic’ reaction from diuretics. Cisternino went on to say that most diuretics come with a label that says users are advised to avoid sunlight/UV light or risk adverse reactions.

Guy shared that the condition produced a burning sensation. He underlined that he was forced to take Morphine and Dilaudid to stave off the pain, adding that he was poked with needles, and even had doctors mention it could’ve been a rare type of skin cancer.

Considering the nature of the sport, adverse skin reactions have become a more common problem among athletes. They can range from minor to quite severe, as displayed by a TikToker known as John Joshua James. He suffered from severe back acne as a result of using steroids for four months. Even though he’s suffered from widespread sores/scars on his back, James has no intention of stopping gear. He invited fans to join him on his journey to 180 pounds.

RELATED: Guy Cisternino Fires Back At Critics Over Viral Gym Fight Video: ‘I Felt Disrespected’

Fans are eager to see Robert Taylor make it to the Mr. Olympia stage, but recovery is his top priority in the meantime. As for Guy Cisternino, he hopes his message helps prevent others from going through similar situations.

Published: 12 July, 2023 | 11:34 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back