How My American Dream Became Reality

Muscle Insider

Written by Dr George N. Touliatos, MD

By George Touliatos, MD

Steve Blechman is the owner of Muscular Development and the President/CEO and founder of Advanced Research Media. He used to be owner of the TWINLAB brand, the finest supplement products in the ‘90s. I fondly remember the glass bottles, something pioneering back then. Muscular Development magazine is the last castle standing in a digital world, where all print media collapsed. I have been a fanatic reader for over two decades. MD is the only network that covers all social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, forums, and the magazine. With Steve, there is a relationship of mutual respect. He believed in my potential and gave me a tremendous opportunity of a lifetime. I was able to express myself about any topic such as chemical enhancement, nutrition, supplementation, and medicine. I literally entered the American fitness culture in homes, gyms, supplement stores, and even prison camps. As a matter of fact, I received two letters from jails around the USA, due to the exposure of the magazine to prisons. Being part of the MD family made me proud because of the global acknowledgement. My 50+ monthly columns are covering the walls of my office and I’m proud to say that I’m running to 220 straight weekly episodes with Ron Harris on “The Ronline Report” on //www.youtube.com/@MuscularDevelopmentMedia" >Muscular Development’s YouTube channel, and I’m the only European physician with this milestone.

Steve and I met three times. The first one was at the 2019 Olympia when Ron Harris introduced me to him. Until then, I had online communication with Mr. Blechman. We took a photograph in the lobby of the Orleans Hotel. Later we had breakfast, where we had a comprehensive discussion about diet, supplements, and medicine implementation. He was really impressed by my depth of knowledge. This was quite a compliment from a man of his status.

The second time Steve and I met was at the 2020 Arnold, at the meet-and-greet, and then we sat next to each other at the pre-judging and finals. Steve promised me that he would join us with Ron on my 100th anniversary of episodes. We also took a photo at the finals. When Steve appeared on the 100th episode, I felt very proud. He was barely giving interviews until then. He kept his promise and emphasized that nowadays you rarely see authorized material coming from a medical doctor about bodybuilding. He liked that dual identity; competitive bodybuilder and practicing physician. Steve wished me another 100 episodes and thanked me for everything I had contributed to the magazine, the online edition and YouTube channel.

WATCH EPISODE 221 OF ASK DR. TESTOSTERONE: WHY AREN'T I TOTALLY JACKED WITH A TOTAL T OF 3K?
[embedded content]

A few months later, Steve offered me a five-page editorial in the magazine. Ron Harris did the interview, and my good friend George Papacharalambous offered me a pro bono photo shoot in his studio and at the beach. It felt really extraordinary having this exposure.

Our third meeting was at the 2022 Olympia. We met at the meet-and-greet. Later, we sat next to each other at the finals with Rick Collins as well and we took a picture. Steve wanted to thank me once more for my four years of contribution. He offered me a seven-page editorial and an inset photo on the cover of the magazine. The interview was by Ron Harris, while the photography was by the legendary Per Bernal in his studio and at the historic Gold’s Gym in Venice. It was epic and monumental … a dream that became reality. I was getting massive international attention. Steve fulfilled my American dream. I consider him a valuable asset and am proud to call Steve a friend.

George Touliatos, MD is an author, lecturer, champion competitive bodybuilder and expert in medical prevention regarding PED use in sports. Dr. Touliatos specializes in medical biopathology and is the medical associate of Orthobiotiki.gr and Medihall.gr, Age Management and Preventive Clinics in Athens, Greece. He is the author of four Greek books on bodybuilding, has extensively developed articles for www.anabolic.org and is the medical associate for the book “Anabolics, 11th Edition” (2017). Dr. Touliatos has been a columnist for the Greek editions of MuscleMag and Muscular Development magazines and has participated in several seminars across Greece and Cyprus, making numerous TV and radio appearances, doing interviews in print and online. His personal website is https://gtoul.com/

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMSSUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY
GET OFFICIAL MD STUFFVISIT OUR STORE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAM YOUTUBE

Written by Dr George N. Touliatos, MD

drT_article.jpg.pagespeed.ce_.6kVxNmiLj-.jpg

By George Touliatos, MD

Steve Blechman is the owner of Muscular Development and the President/CEO and founder of Advanced Research Media. He used to be owner of the TWINLAB brand, the finest supplement products in the ‘90s. I fondly remember the glass bottles, something pioneering back then. Muscular Development magazine is the last castle standing in a digital world, where all print media collapsed. I have been a fanatic reader for over two decades. MD is the only network that covers all social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, forums, and the magazine. With Steve, there is a relationship of mutual respect. He believed in my potential and gave me a tremendous opportunity of a lifetime. I was able to express myself about any topic such as chemical enhancement, nutrition, supplementation, and medicine. I literally entered the American fitness culture in homes, gyms, supplement stores, and even prison camps. As a matter of fact, I received two letters from jails around the USA, due to the exposure of the magazine to prisons. Being part of the MD family made me proud because of the global acknowledgement. My 50+ monthly columns are covering the walls of my office and I’m proud to say that I’m running to 220 straight weekly episodes with Ron Harris on “The Ronline Report” on //www.youtube.com/@MuscularDevelopmentMedia">Muscular Development’s YouTube channel, and I’m the only European physician with this milestone.

Steve and I met three times. The first one was at the 2019 Olympia when Ron Harris introduced me to him. Until then, I had online communication with Mr. Blechman. We took a photograph in the lobby of the Orleans Hotel. Later we had breakfast, where we had a comprehensive discussion about diet, supplements, and medicine implementation. He was really impressed by my depth of knowledge. This was quite a compliment from a man of his status.

The second time Steve and I met was at the 2020 Arnold, at the meet-and-greet, and then we sat next to each other at the pre-judging and finals. Steve promised me that he would join us with Ron on my 100th anniversary of episodes. We also took a photo at the finals. When Steve appeared on the 100th episode, I felt very proud. He was barely giving interviews until then. He kept his promise and emphasized that nowadays you rarely see authorized material coming from a medical doctor about bodybuilding. He liked that dual identity; competitive bodybuilder and practicing physician. Steve wished me another 100 episodes and thanked me for everything I had contributed to the magazine, the online edition and YouTube channel.

WATCH EPISODE 221 OF ASK DR. TESTOSTERONE: WHY AREN'T I TOTALLY JACKED WITH A TOTAL T OF 3K?

A few months later, Steve offered me a five-page editorial in the magazine. Ron Harris did the interview, and my good friend George Papacharalambous offered me a pro bono photo shoot in his studio and at the beach. It felt really extraordinary having this exposure.

Our third meeting was at the 2022 Olympia. We met at the meet-and-greet. Later, we sat next to each other at the finals with Rick Collins as well and we took a picture. Steve wanted to thank me once more for my four years of contribution. He offered me a seven-page editorial and an inset photo on the cover of the magazine. The interview was by Ron Harris, while the photography was by the legendary Per Bernal in his studio and at the historic Gold’s Gym in Venice. It was epic and monumental … a dream that became reality. I was getting massive international attention. Steve fulfilled my American dream. I consider him a valuable asset and am proud to call Steve a friend.

George Touliatos, MD is an author, lecturer, champion competitive bodybuilder and expert in medical prevention regarding PED use in sports. Dr. Touliatos specializes in medical biopathology and is the medical associate of Orthobiotiki.gr and Medihall.gr, Age Management and Preventive Clinics in Athens, Greece. He is the author of four Greek books on bodybuilding, has extensively developed articles for www.anabolic.org and is the medical associate for the book “Anabolics, 11th Edition” (2017). Dr. Touliatos has been a columnist for the Greek editions of MuscleMag and Muscular Development magazines and has participated in several seminars across Greece and Cyprus, making numerous TV and radio appearances, doing interviews in print and online. His personal website is https://gtoul.com/

image1.jpeg.pagespeed.ce_.Tcfn7YiE6v.jpg

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMS

SUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY

GET OFFICIAL MD STUFF

VISIT OUR STORE

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM

YOUTUBE

Click here to view the article.