Jeremy Buendia Shares 4,000-Calorie Bulking Diet in Preparation for 2023 Mr. Olympia Comeback

Muscle Insider

Preparations for Jeremy Buendia’s anticipated return to action are heating up. In a recent YouTube video, Buendia showcased his massive seven-meal diet consisting of over 4,000 calories as he inches closer to 2023 Mr. Olympia.
Competing actively, Jeremy Buendia reached the top of the sport with exceptional balance, conditioning, and a symmetrical upper body. At the time of his reign, he was known for his confidence and outspoken nature, which was often misinterpreted as arrogance.

“I don’t have any excuse this time, I better be in shape,” shared Buendia.

The fan-favorite dominated the Olympia stage in his respective category for four years straight from 2014-2017. He made a play for a fifth Men’s Physique title in 2018 but was unable to stop three-time winner Brandon Hendrickson.
While he’s remained away from the stage, Buendia never took his foot off the gas, especially in the training room. Comeback rumors swirled for years, and in 2020, it appeared fans were on the brink of seeing Jeremy compete again. However, the return never materialized.

Last September, Buendia announced that he would finally return to the Mr. Olympia stage. Before last year’s mega-event took place, Buendia and Erin Banks got into a heated argument on Olympia TV. Suffice it to say, cooler heads did not prevail. Angst, aggression, and hostility took over their discussion, further exciting fans about their impending showdown in Orlando, Florida this Nov.
Jeremy Buendia Talks 2023 Mr. Olympia Comeback Progress, Sitting at 201 Lbs, Shows Off 7-Meal Diet
According to Buendia, he and his team are now pushing hard to ensure he consumes seven meals a day. His latest diet saw him consume over 4,000 calories in a 24-hour period.

“Slowly [I’ve] increased the calories as we go along. I started at 3,500 calories, worked to 4,000 calories, now past the 4,500 calories. Been watching my weight go up and down slightly, woke up about 201 this morning. That’s actually the same weight I was four weeks ago but my body fat is significantly less.”
“Today, we’re really going to push to get that seventh meal in to really get all those calories in to help put me in that surplus to help me pack on some quality muscle.”

Find the full seven-meal plan below:
Meal 1 – 88.2 grams carbs, 75.6 grams protein, 18.25 grams of fat

10 oz of liquid egg whites
2 whole scrambled eggs
50 grams of chicken breast
1 slice of sourdough
85 grams of oats
100 grams of strawberries
2 packets of Stevia
Energy Drink
Green Tobasco hot sauce
margarin

total: 785.5 calories
Meal 2 – 108 grams carbs, 65.2 grams of protein, 11.5 grams of fat

200 grams of chicken breast (seasoned with garlic, salt, onion powder, and barbecue sauce)
yams sweet potato
pickle

total: 796 calories
Meal 3 – 91.3 grams carbs, 60 grams of protein, 11.2 grams of fat,

Rice
200 grams of lean red meat
2 whole eggs
8 oz of pineapple

total: 706 calories

“I don’t have any excuse this time. I better be in shape. I’m my toughest critic, I never think I look as good as I actually do and I think people like to tell me what I want to hear,” said Jeremy Buendia. “I’m not going to get that one in before leg day, so we’re going to switch it up.”

Protein Shake
Bagel
Tablespoon of peanut butter

Meal 4 – post-workout – 108 grams carbs, 59.5 grams of protein, 23.9 grams of fat

300 grams of sweet potato
egg white
chicken breast

total: 885.1 calories
Meal 5 – 88 grams carbs, 47.5 grams of protein, 17.9 saturated 17.95 grams of fat

Flank steak
white rice
one whole egg

total: 703 calories
Meal 6 – 88 grams carbs, 66.5 grams of protein, 25 grams of fat

garlic salt
onion poweder
chicken breast
barbeque sauce
white rice

total: 843 calories
Meal 7 – 57 grams of carbs, 33.8 grams of protein, 9.5 grams of fat

Cream of rice
chocolate brownie
5 oz of egg whites

total: 449.5 calories
Buendia touched on his upcoming back workout in an Olympia TV collaboration with reigning Men’s Physique Olympia Erin Banks. After traveling internationally, Buendia says his focus is on a ‘body recomp’ and getting his diet locked in on a more consistent schedule.
Months ago, Buendia appeared in a Straight Outta the Lair podcast with seven-time 212 Olympia kingpin Flex Lewis. During the open and honest discussion, Jeremy said the only way he overtakes Banks on the Olympia stage is if he brings a ‘flawless package.’

“I’m in preparation for my Olympia battle with Erin Banks next week in Phoenix, Arizona. We’re doing a back workout for Olympia TV. I was doing a body recomp, taking some time off a few months ago, cleaned up, and really healthy to prepared for my Olympia prep.
Had a trip international with one of my sponsors, came back and my physique was not where I wanted it to be or where I needed it to be. My metabolism wasn’t operating very efficiently, I wasn’t eating regularly. The past four weeks has been a body recomp, trying to re-establish the food in my diet and get back on a consistent schedule.”

With less than five months until the biggest event of the year, Buendia is wasting no time during preparations. In addition to showing off impressive physique updates, the 32-year-old continues to turn heads with extreme training sessions. The last time fans saw him pumping iron, he annihilated a push-day workout.
With one of the most exciting rivalries in the sport against Erin Banks, Jeremy’s comeback could end up being the most memorable affair at 2023 Mr. Olympia. Should he upset Banks and take home the title, it would bolster Jeremy’s status as the greatest Men’s Physique competitor of all time.
RELATED: 4x Physique Champion Jeremy Buendia Gives Tips For Rear Delts
Watch the full video from Jeremy Buendia’s YouTube channel:

Published: 7 June, 2023 | 12:00 PM EDT

Jeremy-Buendia-Bulking-diet-2023-Olympia.jpg
Preparations for Jeremy Buendia’s anticipated return to action are heating up. In a recent YouTube video, Buendia showcased his massive seven-meal diet consisting of over 4,000 calories as he inches closer to 2023 Mr. Olympia.

Competing actively, Jeremy Buendia reached the top of the sport with exceptional balance, conditioning, and a symmetrical upper body. At the time of his reign, he was known for his confidence and outspoken nature, which was often misinterpreted as arrogance.

“I don’t have any excuse this time, I better be in shape,” shared Buendia.

[/quote]
The fan-favorite dominated the Olympia stage in his respective category for four years straight from 2014-2017. He made a play for a fifth Men’s Physique title in 2018 but was unable to stop three-time winner Brandon Hendrickson.

While he’s remained away from the stage, Buendia never took his foot off the gas, especially in the training room. Comeback rumors swirled for years, and in 2020, it appeared fans were on the brink of seeing Jeremy compete again. However, the return never materialized.

Last September, Buendia announced that he would finally return to the Mr. Olympia stage. Before last year’s mega-event took place, Buendia and Erin Banks got into a heated argument on Olympia TV. Suffice it to say, cooler heads did not prevail. Angst, aggression, and hostility took over their discussion, further exciting fans about their impending showdown in Orlando, Florida this Nov.

Jeremy Buendia Talks 2023 Mr. Olympia Comeback Progress, Sitting at 201 Lbs, Shows Off 7-Meal Diet
According to Buendia, he and his team are now pushing hard to ensure he consumes seven meals a day. His latest diet saw him consume over 4,000 calories in a 24-hour period.

“Slowly [I’ve] increased the calories as we go along. I started at 3,500 calories, worked to 4,000 calories, now past the 4,500 calories. Been watching my weight go up and down slightly, woke up about 201 this morning. That’s actually the same weight I was four weeks ago but my body fat is significantly less.”

“Today, we’re really going to push to get that seventh meal in to really get all those calories in to help put me in that surplus to help me pack on some quality muscle.”

[/quote]
Find the full seven-meal plan below:

Meal 1 – 88.2 grams carbs, 75.6 grams protein, 18.25 grams of fat
  • 10 oz of liquid egg whites
  • 2 whole scrambled eggs
  • 50 grams of chicken breast
  • 1 slice of sourdough
  • 85 grams of oats
  • 100 grams of strawberries
  • 2 packets of Stevia
  • Energy Drink
  • Green Tobasco hot sauce
  • margarin
total: 785.5 calories

Meal 2 – 108 grams carbs, 65.2 grams of protein, 11.5 grams of fat
  • 200 grams of chicken breast (seasoned with garlic, salt, onion powder, and barbecue sauce)
  • yams sweet potato
  • pickle
total: 796 calories

Meal 3 – 91.3 grams carbs, 60 grams of protein, 11.2 grams of fat,
  • Rice
  • 200 grams of lean red meat
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 8 oz of pineapple
total: 706 calories

“I don’t have any excuse this time. I better be in shape. I’m my toughest critic, I never think I look as good as I actually do and I think people like to tell me what I want to hear,” said Jeremy Buendia. “I’m not going to get that one in before leg day, so we’re going to switch it up.”

[/quote]
  • Protein Shake
  • Bagel
  • Tablespoon of peanut butter
Meal 4 – post-workout – 108 grams carbs, 59.5 grams of protein, 23.9 grams of fat
  • 300 grams of sweet potato
  • egg white
  • chicken breast
total: 885.1 calories

Meal 5 – 88 grams carbs, 47.5 grams of protein, 17.9 saturated 17.95 grams of fat
  • Flank steak
  • white rice
  • one whole egg
total: 703 calories

Meal 6 – 88 grams carbs, 66.5 grams of protein, 25 grams of fat
  • garlic salt
  • onion poweder
  • chicken breast
  • barbeque sauce
  • white rice
total: 843 calories

Meal 7 – 57 grams of carbs, 33.8 grams of protein, 9.5 grams of fat
  • Cream of rice
  • chocolate brownie
  • 5 oz of egg whites
total: 449.5 calories

Buendia touched on his upcoming back workout in an Olympia TV collaboration with reigning Men’s Physique Olympia Erin Banks. After traveling internationally, Buendia says his focus is on a ‘body recomp’ and getting his diet locked in on a more consistent schedule.

Months ago, Buendia appeared in a Straight Outta the Lair podcast with seven-time 212 Olympia kingpin Flex Lewis. During the open and honest discussion, Jeremy said the only way he overtakes Banks on the Olympia stage is if he brings a ‘flawless package.’

“I’m in preparation for my Olympia battle with Erin Banks next week in Phoenix, Arizona. We’re doing a back workout for Olympia TV. I was doing a body recomp, taking some time off a few months ago, cleaned up, and really healthy to prepared for my Olympia prep.

Had a trip international with one of my sponsors, came back and my physique was not where I wanted it to be or where I needed it to be. My metabolism wasn’t operating very efficiently, I wasn’t eating regularly. The past four weeks has been a body recomp, trying to re-establish the food in my diet and get back on a consistent schedule.”

[/quote]
With less than five months until the biggest event of the year, Buendia is wasting no time during preparations. In addition to showing off impressive physique updates, the 32-year-old continues to turn heads with extreme training sessions. The last time fans saw him pumping iron, he annihilated a push-day workout.

With one of the most exciting rivalries in the sport against Erin Banks, Jeremy’s comeback could end up being the most memorable affair at 2023 Mr. Olympia. Should he upset Banks and take home the title, it would bolster Jeremy’s status as the greatest Men’s Physique competitor of all time.

RELATED: 4x Physique Champion Jeremy Buendia Gives Tips For Rear Delts

Watch the full video from Jeremy Buendia’s YouTube channel:

Published: 7 June, 2023 | 12:00 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back