Thread: Protein Poppers
05-21-2020, 10:27 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2016
- M-Chem Coin = $1
- Rep Power
How to Make Protein Poppers
• 2 scoops Vanilla protein powder
• 1 cup PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
• 1/2 cup Splenda or equivalent low-cal sweetener of choice
• 1 cup old fashioned oats
• 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
• Splash of vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Liberal amounts of ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, or pumpkin pie spice
• Optional coating: nuts, coconut flakes, mini dark chocolate chips
• Add the oats and 1/2 cup of milk to a bowl. Stir and let them sit for 5 minutes.
• Combine all the other dry ingredients in your food processor and mix.
• Add the milk-soaked oats to the food processor. Blend until evenly distributed. It should look like little sandy clumps.
• Add the 3 tablespoons of almond or cashew milk and blend again. Let the food processor run until the dough rolls itself into a giant ball.
• Pinch off bite-sized pieces of dough and roll it into small balls, about a half inch in diameter.
• Roll the poppers in a pile of toppings if you'd like.
• Chill in fridge.
Makes about 25 balls. Nutrition info: Without toppings, each ball has around 45 calories, 5 grams of carbs (1g fiber), 4 grams of protein, and 1 gram of fat.