Ever since I was a teenager I tried everything to gain weight, but I couldnít. People who didnít know me would always say how skinny I was and needed to put meat on my bones. Some would call my hip bones love handles. Honestly, it got rather annoying. The constant rude looks and remarks from people brought my spirits down about how I felt physically. In 2008, my husband suggested weight training with high protein. I tried it out and got hooked. The transformation I made in just 6 months gave me hope. Now, I look and feel healthier.
What is your training routine like?
I love to have my muscles burning and my body shaking when I am doing sets. It lets me know I am pushing myself to the max with proper form. Even if I am having the hardest time pushing myself through a rep, I will tell myself that my competition is doing more reps than I am.
Monday: Biceps, Triceps, Plyometrics
o EZ bar curls
o Seated dumbbell curls
o Cable curls
o Skull crushers
o Dumbbell behind the head press
o Rope tricep pull down
o Various plyometrics
Tuesday: Shoulders, Chest, Abs
o Standing military press
o Dumbbell side raises
o Dumbbell front raises
o Reverse flies
o Incline dumbbell press
o Machine seated bench press
o Various abdominal exercises
Wednesday: Glutes, Hams, Quads, Calves
o Wide legged box squats
o Leg press
o Leg curls
o Leg extensions
o Calves press
o Calves raises
o Jumping jacks
o Walking weighted lunges
Thursday: Back, Obliques
o Machine pull downs
o Bent rows
o Seated cable rows
o Various oblique exercises
Saturday: Plyometrics, Chest, Abs
o Light dumbbell flies
o Various abdominal exercises
While Iím cutting up for a show, I work out at least 6 times a week. I also lift heavy until a few days out from a show.
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
I like them both. Cardio helps reduce fat, while the HIIT helps shape muscles.
What is your diet like?
Here are both my Bulking/Cutting Diets
Bulk Up Meal Plan:
- Wake up: ABB Extreme XXL protein + glutamine + creatine
- Breakfast: carbs (wheat pankcake(s), 3-pieces of french toast, or 1.5 cups of oatmeal) + 4 egg white and 1 yolk
- Mid-morning: protein shake
- Lunch: Most of the time I do try to stick to 6oz meat + vegetables + 8oz soup. Other times, I will eat pretty much anything.
- Mid-afternoon snack #1: celery and peanut butter or apple and peanut butter
- Mid-afternoon snack #2: 1 can of tuna and Triscuits
- 30 mins before workout: tilapia + 1-baked potato with ketchup
- Post-workout shake: ABB Extreme XXL protein + 1 scoop ON Gold Standard 100% Whey protein + creatine
- Dinner: meat + vegetables + carbs (potatoes, etc). If I had a really hard workout, I will have just pasta.
- Before bed: protein shake + glutamine
Show Meal Plan
- Wake up: Lipo6x with distilled water
- Before cardio: 1/4 cup oatmeal with strawberries and raisins
- After cardio: protein shake or egg whites + 100% whole wheat mini bagel
- Mid-morning: protein shake (Isopure) + small handful of cashews
- Lunch: protein + vegetables (no starchy carbs)
- 30 mins before mid-afternoon meal: Lipo6x with distilled water
- Mid-afternoon: 5 oz of tuna with Mrs. Dash + small handful of cashews
- Dinner: protein + vegetables + carbs (potatoes, etc)
- WORKOUT(I try to keep at 30-45 mins)
- Cardio (1 hour)
- Post-workout shake: protein (Isopure Mass)
- Post-workout meal (1 hour later): protein + carbs
- Before bed: protein + small handful cashews
If I feel hungry, I will either chew a piece of gum or have a lightly salted rice cake.
What is your supplementation like?
Multi-vitamin/mineral, Amino Acids, L-Carnitine, CLA, various protein powders (changes based on diet), Creatine, and Glutamine.
Plans for the future?
My goal is to be an IFBB professional and a fitness model. In addition, I would like to continue to inspire others.
ďIf you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.Ē