4x Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler Shares Arm-Building Hypertrophy Workout

Muscle Insider

Jay Cutler’s workout intensity has seemingly ramped up judging from his latest training session. In a JayCutler TV YouTube video, Cutler smashed an eight-exercise arms workout focused on hypertrophy as he continues making strides toward a better physique.
During his respective tenure, Cutler set himself apart from his peers with massive arms, a full chest, and some of the most defined quads in the sport’s history. His consistency and grit guided him to an Olympia title in 2006 after he dethroned the eight-time champion Ronnie Coleman. Despite their rivalry, Cutler admits some of his workouts were inspired by Coleman’s high-volume heavy weight strategy.
Having sailed off into the sunset with four Mr. Olympia victories, Cutler remains one of the best to ever throw on a pair of posing trunks. Even though he hasn’t appeared on stage in 10 years, fans continue to call for his return. While he won’t compete on stage, Cutler has made it clear he’s transforming his physique before his 50th birthday.

Fortunately for fans, he’s documented the process. In addition to sharing training sessions, Cutler underlined why nutritional demands have been so crucial to his goal. And now with August approaching, Cutler shared an exhausting arm workout.
Jay Cutler Shares Arm Workout for Hypertrophy
1- Triceps Press Down – 2 or 3 warm-up sets, 3-4 working sets2- Triceps Extension Machine – 3 sets as many reps as possible3- Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension – 3 working sets of 12 reps4- Rope Press Down – 3 sets 12 reps5- Machine Biceps Curl – 3 working sets 12 reps 6- Standing Dumbbell Curl (alternating) – 3 sets 12 reps7- Preacher Machine Curls – 3 sets8- Cambered Bar Curl (wider grip) – 4 sets
Following the arms training session, Jay Cutler discussed some of his workout habits and goals. He aims to weigh 250 pounds in eight weeks.
“That was my arm workout. I’m not trying to overdo it a lot, I’m really just trying to get the benefit of each workout, not trying to change the game. Anything I do now and moving the tissue around, moving the food through, I’m going to grow. And that is the goal. I would love to hit 250 by the time we get to eight weeks. And we’ll see where we’re going to end up. I’m about four meals deep today. I’m eating about six meals a day right now.”
And then at eight weeks out, I’ll evaluate and maybe I’ll start throwing in a little cardio exercise but I’ll tell you the cardio is going to be a lot different from the past because I’m going to stick to less intense cardio. I’m going to do more bike work, I don’t know if I’ll get on a step mill because I’m not necessarily trying to get striated glutes with this kind of come down with my body weight. But I’m kind of touch and see. Remember, I’m going for the best shape I’ve been in 10 years.”
Cutler clarified that his physique goal doesn’t involve being shredded. Instead, he plans to showcase a balance of fullness, hardness, and roundness.

“Now that means I’m going to be full, hard, and round. I’m not trying to get super shredded. Okay, on my birthday I’m actually going to be dried out, diuretics and everything else, I’m just going to be in a walk-around best shape. So, that means if I take my shirt off at a show which possibly could happen by the way, I’m going to look a lot better than I did on the original video.”
“What I’m trying to do is get the workouts in later so I can get the fullness and really, like I did in 2010 and 2011 when Hany kind of trained me and put me on this whole different mindset that you should train after if you want to come in bigger, you need to train later and have at least four meals. Your body performs better guys. If you’re trying to get bigger, you’ll stay home and focus on eating those meals and your output will be a little less so when you go to the gym you’re utilizing all those calories,” Cutler said.
This is far from Cutler’s first progress update regarding his ‘fit-for-50’ physique transformation. In a previous JayCutlerTV episode, Cutler argued against bulking up. He shared that his goal was to keep his metabolism guessing while becoming ‘bigger and leaner’ at the same time.
Cutler’s latest physique challenge is a testament to his determination and willpower. In the months to come, bodybuilding fans around the world hope to see him guest pose at the upcoming 2023 Masters Olympia contest, taking place in Cluj Napoca, Romania.
Watch the full video on the CutlerCast TV YouTube channel below:

RELATED:

Published: 11 June, 2023 | 10:45 AM EDT

jay-cutler-arms-hypertrophy-workout.jpg
Jay Cutler’s workout intensity has seemingly ramped up judging from his latest training session. In a JayCutler TV YouTube video, Cutler smashed an eight-exercise arms workout focused on hypertrophy as he continues making strides toward a better physique.

During his respective tenure, Cutler set himself apart from his peers with massive arms, a full chest, and some of the most defined quads in the sport’s history. His consistency and grit guided him to an Olympia title in 2006 after he dethroned the eight-time champion Ronnie Coleman. Despite their rivalry, Cutler admits some of his workouts were inspired by Coleman’s high-volume heavy weight strategy.

Having sailed off into the sunset with four Mr. Olympia victories, Cutler remains one of the best to ever throw on a pair of posing trunks. Even though he hasn’t appeared on stage in 10 years, fans continue to call for his return. While he won’t compete on stage, Cutler has made it clear he’s transforming his physique before his 50th birthday.

Fortunately for fans, he’s documented the process. In addition to sharing training sessions, Cutler underlined why nutritional demands have been so crucial to his goal. And now with August approaching, Cutler shared an exhausting arm workout.

Jay Cutler Shares Arm Workout for Hypertrophy
1- Triceps Press Down – 2 or 3 warm-up sets, 3-4 working sets

2- Triceps Extension Machine – 3 sets as many reps as possible

3- Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension – 3 working sets of 12 reps

4- Rope Press Down – 3 sets 12 reps

5- Machine Biceps Curl – 3 working sets 12 reps

6- Standing Dumbbell Curl (alternating) – 3 sets 12 reps

7- Preacher Machine Curls – 3 sets

8- Cambered Bar Curl (wider grip) – 4 sets

Following the arms training session, Jay Cutler discussed some of his workout habits and goals. He aims to weigh 250 pounds in eight weeks.

“That was my arm workout. I’m not trying to overdo it a lot, I’m really just trying to get the benefit of each workout, not trying to change the game. Anything I do now and moving the tissue around, moving the food through, I’m going to grow. And that is the goal. I would love to hit 250 by the time we get to eight weeks. And we’ll see where we’re going to end up. I’m about four meals deep today. I’m eating about six meals a day right now.”

And then at eight weeks out, I’ll evaluate and maybe I’ll start throwing in a little cardio exercise but I’ll tell you the cardio is going to be a lot different from the past because I’m going to stick to less intense cardio. I’m going to do more bike work, I don’t know if I’ll get on a step mill because I’m not necessarily trying to get striated glutes with this kind of come down with my body weight. But I’m kind of touch and see. Remember, I’m going for the best shape I’ve been in 10 years.”

[/quote]
Cutler clarified that his physique goal doesn’t involve being shredded. Instead, he plans to showcase a balance of fullness, hardness, and roundness.

“Now that means I’m going to be full, hard, and round. I’m not trying to get super shredded. Okay, on my birthday I’m actually going to be dried out, diuretics and everything else, I’m just going to be in a walk-around best shape. So, that means if I take my shirt off at a show which possibly could happen by the way, I’m going to look a lot better than I did on the original video.”

“What I’m trying to do is get the workouts in later so I can get the fullness and really, like I did in 2010 and 2011 when Hany kind of trained me and put me on this whole different mindset that you should train after if you want to come in bigger, you need to train later and have at least four meals. Your body performs better guys. If you’re trying to get bigger, you’ll stay home and focus on eating those meals and your output will be a little less so when you go to the gym you’re utilizing all those calories,” Cutler said.

[/quote]
This is far from Cutler’s first progress update regarding his ‘fit-for-50’ physique transformation. In a previous JayCutlerTV episode, Cutler argued against bulking up. He shared that his goal was to keep his metabolism guessing while becoming ‘bigger and leaner’ at the same time.

Cutler’s latest physique challenge is a testament to his determination and willpower. In the months to come, bodybuilding fans around the world hope to see him guest pose at the upcoming 2023 Masters Olympia contest, taking place in Cluj Napoca, Romania.

Watch the full video on the CutlerCast TV YouTube channel below:

RELATED:

Published: 11 June, 2023 | 10:45 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back