Arnold Schwarzenegger ‘Plans to Live Forever,’ Reflects on Aging, Retirement: ‘I Used to Be the Best Built Man’

Muscle Insider

Bodybuilding legend Arnold Schwarzenegger will go down in the history books as one of the greatest competitors of all time. He was the first true superstar to break out of bodybuilding into the mainstream with a stellar physique. In a recent The Hollywood Reporter interview, Schwarzenegger shared his thoughts on the evolution of his physique with age and his ‘plans to live forever.’
Arnold Schwarzenegger first made a name for himself in bodybuilding with an aesthetic blend of muscle, shape, and symmetry in the 1970s. He came out on top of the 1970 Mr. Olympia and enjoyed a commanding reign that saw him ultimately become a seven-time champ.
He hung up his posing trunks after securing his seventh Sandow trophy in 1980. Besides competition, Schwarzenegger was known for his charismatic and brash personality, which was put on full display in the 1977 bodybuilding docudrama Pumping Iron. The film boosted his star power and the sport’s notoriety.
Following a decorated career, Schwarzenegger made his way to Hollywood and found success with starring roles in numerous box-office hits, including Conan the Barbarian (1982), The Terminator (1984), and Commando (1985).
Schwarzenegger often encourages his massive fanbase to stay healthy. He educated them on the benefits of using caffeine to boost workout performance. He encouraged using it as a pre-workout and cautioned against consuming it too close to bedtime.

In March 2023, Schwarzenegger suggested switching out whole food meals with meal replacement drinks to aid in losing weight. He highlighted the importance of counting calories appropriately, which is easier with shakes that provide accurate nutritional information as opposed to cooked food.
Arnold Schwarzenegger laid out a challenging nine-minute abs workout made up entirely of bodyweight exercises two months ago. He also discussed the advantages of using bodyweight movements to improve heart health and lower body strength. Then, he offered a brutal training routine for building muscle using self-limiting movements with no weights. Additionally, he gave fans a detailed and quick five-minute workout designed to be used in the mornings or as a warm-up.
Arnold Schwarzenegger opens up on dislike for aging & his physique at age 75
In a recent interview, Arnold Schwarzenegger shared his thoughts on the evolution of his physique at 75. He explained that it’s been difficult to accept his body considering his status as a former bodybuilding great.
When asked what he likes about his 75-year-old body, he responded, “Nothing!”
“My whole life I look at the mirror and see the best-built man, and all of a sudden I see a bunch of crap,” said Schwarzenegger. “It’s terrible! You get these wrinkles under your eyes. You get wrinkles under your pecs. You see the fucking poodle! Budle. It’s Austrian for your stomach sticking out. Where the fuck did that come from? It’s not pleasurable. But you cope with it.”

Schwarzenegger ‘plans to live forever’
‘The Austrian Oak’ revealed he continues to train regularly and enjoys entertaining people. He wants to keep going strong and has no plans to retire anytime soon, if ever.
“I still work out every day, I ride my bike every day, and I make movies — show business is another part of my life,” said Schwarzenegger. “I add in my life, I never subtract. I don’t need money. I get money because you have to have a certain value and the agents negotiate. But I have a great time doing it. I love everything that I do. There’s no retiring. I’m still on this side of the grass, so I’m happy. My plan is to live forever — and so far, so good!”
Arnold Schwarzenegger gave his take on optimizing sleep for weight loss three weeks ago. He encouraged sleeping longer than six hours and ideally, about eight hours, to ensure a lower weight based on research conducted by Harvard scientists.
RELATED: Arnold Schwarzenegger Apologizes For The ‘Screw Your Freedom’ Remark: ‘I’m Sorry For Saying Those Words’
Schwarzenegger teamed up with comedians Bert Kreischer and Fortune Feimster for a back and chest training session earlier this week.
Published: 17 May, 2023 | 6:15 PM EDT

Collage-Maker-17-May-2023-01-44-PM-8861.jpg
Bodybuilding legend Arnold Schwarzenegger will go down in the history books as one of the greatest competitors of all time. He was the first true superstar to break out of bodybuilding into the mainstream with a stellar physique. In a recent The Hollywood Reporter interview, Schwarzenegger shared his thoughts on the evolution of his physique with age and his ‘plans to live forever.’

Arnold Schwarzenegger first made a name for himself in bodybuilding with an aesthetic blend of muscle, shape, and symmetry in the 1970s. He came out on top of the 1970 Mr. Olympia and enjoyed a commanding reign that saw him ultimately become a seven-time champ.

He hung up his posing trunks after securing his seventh Sandow trophy in 1980. Besides competition, Schwarzenegger was known for his charismatic and brash personality, which was put on full display in the 1977 bodybuilding docudrama Pumping Iron. The film boosted his star power and the sport’s notoriety.

Following a decorated career, Schwarzenegger made his way to Hollywood and found success with starring roles in numerous box-office hits, including Conan the Barbarian (1982), The Terminator (1984), and Commando (1985).

Schwarzenegger often encourages his massive fanbase to stay healthy. He educated them on the benefits of using caffeine to boost workout performance. He encouraged using it as a pre-workout and cautioned against consuming it too close to bedtime.

In March 2023, Schwarzenegger suggested switching out whole food meals with meal replacement drinks to aid in losing weight. He highlighted the importance of counting calories appropriately, which is easier with shakes that provide accurate nutritional information as opposed to cooked food.

Arnold Schwarzenegger laid out a challenging nine-minute abs workout made up entirely of bodyweight exercises two months ago. He also discussed the advantages of using bodyweight movements to improve heart health and lower body strength. Then, he offered a brutal training routine for building muscle using self-limiting movements with no weights. Additionally, he gave fans a detailed and quick five-minute workout designed to be used in the mornings or as a warm-up.

Arnold Schwarzenegger opens up on dislike for aging & his physique at age 75
In a recent interview, Arnold Schwarzenegger shared his thoughts on the evolution of his physique at 75. He explained that it’s been difficult to accept his body considering his status as a former bodybuilding great.

When asked what he likes about his 75-year-old body, he responded, “Nothing!”

“My whole life I look at the mirror and see the best-built man, and all of a sudden I see a bunch of crap,” said Schwarzenegger. “It’s terrible! You get these wrinkles under your eyes. You get wrinkles under your pecs. You see the fucking poodle! Budle. It’s Austrian for your stomach sticking out. Where the fuck did that come from? It’s not pleasurable. But you cope with it.”

[/quote]

Schwarzenegger ‘plans to live forever’
‘The Austrian Oak’ revealed he continues to train regularly and enjoys entertaining people. He wants to keep going strong and has no plans to retire anytime soon, if ever.

“I still work out every day, I ride my bike every day, and I make movies — show business is another part of my life,” said Schwarzenegger. “I add in my life, I never subtract. I don’t need money. I get money because you have to have a certain value and the agents negotiate. But I have a great time doing it. I love everything that I do. There’s no retiring. I’m still on this side of the grass, so I’m happy. My plan is to live forever — and so far, so good!”

[/quote]
Arnold Schwarzenegger gave his take on optimizing sleep for weight loss three weeks ago. He encouraged sleeping longer than six hours and ideally, about eight hours, to ensure a lower weight based on research conducted by Harvard scientists.

RELATED: Arnold Schwarzenegger Apologizes For The ‘Screw Your Freedom’ Remark: ‘I’m Sorry For Saying Those Words’

Schwarzenegger teamed up with comedians Bert Kreischer and Fortune Feimster for a back and chest training session earlier this week.

Published: 17 May, 2023 | 6:15 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back