Bodybuilder Hunter Labrada Shares Detoxifying ‘Gut Health Drink’ for Optimal Digestion 

Muscle Insider

Men’s Open bodybuilder Hunter Labrada is back with another Tuesday Tip for fans. In a recent YouTube video, Labrada revealed a gut-health drink recipe he’s using to keep his waistline down in preparation for his next bodybuilding contest.
Labrada is seeking redemption following his seventh-place finish at the 2022 Mr. Olympia show. Having reflected on his performance, Labrada highlighted a few areas that held him back on stage. Most notably, he and his coach Ben Chow encountered problems with the peaking process for the contest.
Hunter’s father, IFBB Pro League Hall of Famer Lee Labrada, announced that his son would be participating in two shows before the Olympia this year. Hunter later confirmed the news and specified that he’ll be taking his talents to the Tampa Pro and Texas Pro. Should he follow through in Texas, he’ll have the opportunity to compete against the reigning champ Andrew Jacked.

Aiming for back-to-back victories, Labrada has kept fans updated on his training progress. He said he’s not chasing size this year and plans to minimize his waistline. The Open standout intends to accomplish this goal by implementing vacuum poses and a new diet. In his latest endeavor, he offered fans a recipe for a go-to gut health drink he’s using for digestion benefits.
Hunter Labrada Shares ‘Gut Health/Digestion Drink’ for Keeping Tight Waist
Maintaining a near-300-pound physique requires a substantial diet, and Labrada says he’s taking this gut health drink every morning to aid with digestion.

“Gut health/digestion and what I am doing for it in the morning. So, it’s no secret after last year’s competitive season that I wanted to do everything in my power to minimize my waistline and a lot of that comes down to how well your body is digesting its food. That process starts before you’re taking digestive enzymes with each and every meal. Before you’re paying attention to what food sources you’re eating and this that and the other.
It starts with what you do when you get out of bed in the morning and what first hits your stomach. I wanted to go over what I do every single morning and have been doing for quite some time I’ve come to really enjoy this not because of how it tastes, I’m not going to lie it doesn’t taste that great but because of how it makes me feel and how its left my stomach feeling. As I do this the longer and longer that I do it, the flatter and flatter I feel I’m waking up in the morning in terms of any kind of bloat or distention and I just feel better throughout the day. At the end of the day, it’s not what you eat, it’s what you’re able to digest and assimilate.”

Labrada’s Signature Gut Health Drink
Labrada shared the contents of his gut health beverage, which you can find below:

“That is the morning digestion drink. I’m going to shake this up and throw it in the fridge. I like to make it — the night before sometimes if I’m not being lazy then I get to roll out of bed and be lazy in the morning. Throw this in the fridge. Anyways, that is the Tuesday Tip on my digestion/gut health drink,” added Labrada.

Start with 16 ounces of water to hydrate the body.
Add 2 ounces of Aloe Vera gel to soothe and heal the intestines.
Squeeze juice from one whole lemon for taste and detoxification benefits.
Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to create an acidic environment in the stomach and aid in detoxification.
Include 10 grams of glutamine powder to boost immune system function, promote recovery, and heal intestinal damage.
Finish with a quality greens powder for added nutrients.

In addition to nutrition, Labrada has consistently offered useful tips via YouTube. The last time fans heard from the 30-year-old, he shared a guide on how to grow weaker calves. Labrada underlined the importance of training intensity, emphasizing the difference between training to pain versus total failure.
RELATED: Hunter Labrada on Gym & Bodybuilding Mindset: ‘It’s a Practiced Skill’
The 2023 Tampa Pro kicks off August 3-5, where Hunter Labrada will aim to earn an invitation to the Mr. Olympia event. If he’s successful, he’ll have the chance to face off against the reigning champion Hadi Choopan.
You can find the full video below from Hunter Labrada’s YouTube channel:

Published: 3 May, 2023 | 9:01 AM EDT

hunter-labrada-detoxifying-gut-tips.jpg
Men’s Open bodybuilder Hunter Labrada is back with another Tuesday Tip for fans. In a recent YouTube video, Labrada revealed a gut-health drink recipe he’s using to keep his waistline down in preparation for his next bodybuilding contest.

Labrada is seeking redemption following his seventh-place finish at the 2022 Mr. Olympia show. Having reflected on his performance, Labrada highlighted a few areas that held him back on stage. Most notably, he and his coach Ben Chow encountered problems with the peaking process for the contest.

Hunter’s father, IFBB Pro League Hall of Famer Lee Labrada, announced that his son would be participating in two shows before the Olympia this year. Hunter later confirmed the news and specified that he’ll be taking his talents to the Tampa Pro and Texas Pro. Should he follow through in Texas, he’ll have the opportunity to compete against the reigning champ Andrew Jacked.

Aiming for back-to-back victories, Labrada has kept fans updated on his training progress. He said he’s not chasing size this year and plans to minimize his waistline. The Open standout intends to accomplish this goal by implementing vacuum poses and a new diet. In his latest endeavor, he offered fans a recipe for a go-to gut health drink he’s using for digestion benefits.

Hunter Labrada Shares ‘Gut Health/Digestion Drink’ for Keeping Tight Waist
Maintaining a near-300-pound physique requires a substantial diet, and Labrada says he’s taking this gut health drink every morning to aid with digestion.

“Gut health/digestion and what I am doing for it in the morning. So, it’s no secret after last year’s competitive season that I wanted to do everything in my power to minimize my waistline and a lot of that comes down to how well your body is digesting its food. That process starts before you’re taking digestive enzymes with each and every meal. Before you’re paying attention to what food sources you’re eating and this that and the other.

It starts with what you do when you get out of bed in the morning and what first hits your stomach. I wanted to go over what I do every single morning and have been doing for quite some time I’ve come to really enjoy this not because of how it tastes, I’m not going to lie it doesn’t taste that great but because of how it makes me feel and how its left my stomach feeling. As I do this the longer and longer that I do it, the flatter and flatter I feel I’m waking up in the morning in terms of any kind of bloat or distention and I just feel better throughout the day. At the end of the day, it’s not what you eat, it’s what you’re able to digest and assimilate.”

[/quote]

Labrada’s Signature Gut Health Drink
Labrada shared the contents of his gut health beverage, which you can find below:

“That is the morning digestion drink. I’m going to shake this up and throw it in the fridge. I like to make it — the night before sometimes if I’m not being lazy then I get to roll out of bed and be lazy in the morning. Throw this in the fridge. Anyways, that is the Tuesday Tip on my digestion/gut health drink,” added Labrada.

[/quote]
  • Start with 16 ounces of water to hydrate the body.
  • Add 2 ounces of Aloe Vera gel to soothe and heal the intestines.
  • Squeeze juice from one whole lemon for taste and detoxification benefits.
  • Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to create an acidic environment in the stomach and aid in detoxification.
  • Include 10 grams of glutamine powder to boost immune system function, promote recovery, and heal intestinal damage.
  • Finish with a quality greens powder for added nutrients.
In addition to nutrition, Labrada has consistently offered useful tips via YouTube. The last time fans heard from the 30-year-old, he shared a guide on how to grow weaker calves. Labrada underlined the importance of training intensity, emphasizing the difference between training to pain versus total failure.

RELATED: Hunter Labrada on Gym & Bodybuilding Mindset: ‘It’s a Practiced Skill’

The 2023 Tampa Pro kicks off August 3-5, where Hunter Labrada will aim to earn an invitation to the Mr. Olympia event. If he’s successful, he’ll have the chance to face off against the reigning champion Hadi Choopan.

You can find the full video below from Hunter Labrada’s YouTube channel:

Published: 3 May, 2023 | 9:01 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back