Charles Glass Shares ‘German Volume Training’ Lesson for ‘Maximum’ Chest Muscle Growth

Muscle Insider

As a former gymnast, engineer, and bodybuilder, Charles Glass has a unique understanding of human anatomy. In a recent video on his YouTube channel, Glass discussed German volume training which commonly practices 10 sets of 10 reps on three exercises.
Generous with his wisdom, Charles Glass has made a career out of helping people inside the gym. Whether it’s assisting a legendary four-time Arnold Classic winner like Flex Wheeler, a Bikini International Champion or just helping an average gym-goer, his understanding of body mechanics makes him an invaluable resource to the fitness and bodybuilding communities.
Charles is known for his ability to teach fitness education. He has taken part in numerous training demonstrations designed for muscle growth, such as the back and shoulders but also detailed an array of other workouts that focus on areas such as the calves, triceps, and abs.
Charles Glass / Instagram
Sometimes, it’s just about achieving a slimmer waist, and Glass has answers for that too. In his latest undertaking, Glass shared a ‘German Volume’ training routine for maximizing chest muscle growth.
Charles Glass Shows How To Build Chest Using ‘German Volume Training’
With this particular strategy, Charles Glass says he always employs 10 sets of 10 reps on three different exercises.

“German volume training. Which is 10 sets of 10 on three exercises. So, I’m going to use these three,” said Charles Glass. “Once in a while [I deploy this strategy], I wouldn’t do it every time. That’s preference [the wrist wraps]. Me, I like to wear them, it strengthens me and reminds me to keep my wrists tight.”

Aside from training, Glass has also taken aim at counterfeit drugs and fake steroids. He believes the problem has gotten much worse since the 1990s. Moreover, he said competitors need to practice caution because these fake substances can cause considerable damage to health.
Charles Glass isn’t the only seasoned pro who has pointed out steroid use in the IFBB Pro League. Popular 1990s Open bodybuilder Rich Gaspari tackled the subject as well. In a Fitness, Fame & Fortune podcast, Gaspari highlighted that current dosages are ‘way higher’ than what was used during his time on stage.
Other veterans of the sport, such as eight-time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney have said athletes are 60 pounds overweight on stage because they’re pushing too much food. Haney explained that athletes used to fuel their bodies with healthier foods but now resort to ‘garbage’ like cheese and bacon.
Despite his busy schedule, Glass continues to give back to the sport. He’s an asset to anyone willing to learn from the techniques he developed after decades of grinding inside the gym.
RELATED: Godfather of Bodybuilding Charles Glass Shares A Push-Up Hack to Build Chest Muscles
Watch the full video from Charles Glass’ YouTube channel below:

Published: 9 June, 2023 | 2:08 PM EDT

As a former gymnast, engineer, and bodybuilder, Charles Glass has a unique understanding of human anatomy. In a recent video on his YouTube channel, Glass discussed German volume training which commonly practices 10 sets of 10 reps on three exercises.

Generous with his wisdom, Charles Glass has made a career out of helping people inside the gym. Whether it’s assisting a legendary four-time Arnold Classic winner like Flex Wheeler, a Bikini International Champion or just helping an average gym-goer, his understanding of body mechanics makes him an invaluable resource to the fitness and bodybuilding communities.

Charles is known for his ability to teach fitness education. He has taken part in numerous training demonstrations designed for muscle growth, such as the back and shoulders but also detailed an array of other workouts that focus on areas such as the calves, triceps, and abs.

Charles-Glass.jpg
Charles Glass / Instagram
Sometimes, it’s just about achieving a slimmer waist, and Glass has answers for that too. In his latest undertaking, Glass shared a ‘German Volume’ training routine for maximizing chest muscle growth.

Charles Glass Shows How To Build Chest Using ‘German Volume Training’
With this particular strategy, Charles Glass says he always employs 10 sets of 10 reps on three different exercises.

“German volume training. Which is 10 sets of 10 on three exercises. So, I’m going to use these three,” said Charles Glass. “Once in a while [I deploy this strategy], I wouldn’t do it every time. That’s preference [the wrist wraps]. Me, I like to wear them, it strengthens me and reminds me to keep my wrists tight.”

[/quote]

Aside from training, Glass has also taken aim at counterfeit drugs and fake steroids. He believes the problem has gotten much worse since the 1990s. Moreover, he said competitors need to practice caution because these fake substances can cause considerable damage to health.

Charles Glass isn’t the only seasoned pro who has pointed out steroid use in the IFBB Pro League. Popular 1990s Open bodybuilder Rich Gaspari tackled the subject as well. In a Fitness, Fame & Fortune podcast, Gaspari highlighted that current dosages are ‘way higher’ than what was used during his time on stage.

Other veterans of the sport, such as eight-time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney have said athletes are 60 pounds overweight on stage because they’re pushing too much food. Haney explained that athletes used to fuel their bodies with healthier foods but now resort to ‘garbage’ like cheese and bacon.

Despite his busy schedule, Glass continues to give back to the sport. He’s an asset to anyone willing to learn from the techniques he developed after decades of grinding inside the gym.

RELATED: Godfather of Bodybuilding Charles Glass Shares A Push-Up Hack to Build Chest Muscles

Watch the full video from Charles Glass’ YouTube channel below:

Published: 9 June, 2023 | 2:08 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back