Chris Bumstead Reveals Current Workout Split He’s Using to Win 5th Classic Physique Olympia Title

Muscle Insider

Chris Bumstead is in preparations to nail down a fifth Classic Physique Olympia title in roughly three months. At the competition, he’ll face a slew of familiar threats, such as Germany’s Urs Kalecinski and Brazil’s Ramon Queiroz. In a recent offering on the Raw Nutrition YouTube channel, Bumstead detailed the current training split he’s using to defend his crown later this year.
Since taking the Classic Physique Olympia title from Breon Ansley in 2019, Bumstead has been an unstoppable force in the category. His tall stature, dry conditioning, and hard muscle density have been critical factors in his successful reign. Bumstead also developed seamless posing routines and transitions, which makes his physique seem even more imposing on stage.
While the physical demands of an Olympia champion are sky-high, Bumstead takes pride in the mental challenges of the sport. He utilizes visualization, breathwork, and meditation, which he credits for helping him maintain inner peace, something he believes is crucial to performing at your best when it’s time to compete.

Ahead of his return to 2023 Mr. Olympia Bumstead has been open about his progress and preparations. Given the exhaustive nature of Hany Rambod’s FST-7 training regimen, Bumstead prioritizes his recovery strategies in the off-season and contest prep. Cbum values fasted cardio, sauna sessions, and cold plunges to ensure his muscles recover properly.
There are only 14 weeks until the sport’s biggest show of the year takes over Orlando, Florida. Having won his last Classic Physique Olympia title with a torn bicep, Bumstead hopes to complete this season with fewer obstacles.
Chris Bumstead Shares New Workout Split to Get Shredded for 2023 Mr. Olympia
Bumstead said he uses a three-day-on, one-day-off, three-day-on training split, which starts with a quad-dominant leg workout on Monday.

“Every time someone asks me this I can’t even remember. I just switched it and it’s hard to remember. It’s a three-day-on, one day off, three-day-on, one day off, repeat. But I’m going to try to get this right: I got legs, like a quad-dominant leg workout and I do chest with a little bit of triceps back with a little bit of biceps.
Then I rest, then I have a shoulder day with a little bit of chest. Then, I have a hamstring day with a little bit of back. And then I have an arm workout and then I rest, then I repeat the cycle,” Bumstead shared.

In addition to his latest split, Bumstead summed up what makes a great champion.
“In my mind what makes a great champion, I would say a great champion is someone I always say who doesn’t quit. Doesn’t matter if you have good days or bad days. Everybody wakes up feeling like shit some days, but if you actually get to work and do your best no matter what, then you’re a good champion, but more specifically aside from that, I think something that elevates people from the rest is champions who lift up others,” said Chris Bumstead.
Sporting one of the most aesthetic bodies in the world, it’s no surprise fans want to sculpt their physiques like ‘Cbum.’ Fortunately, the 28-year-old gave an inside look at his top ten favorite exercises. Following his list of exercises, the fitness community hopped on the trend. Jeff Cavaliere assessed Bumstead’s list with his own modifications. Additionally, Nick Walker made a similar video where he revealed his top ten most essential exercises.
Veterans of the sport have weighed in on Bumstead possibly taking on the Men’s Open. Given the size required for the class, Rich Gaspari suggested Bumstead could win the Mr. Olympia title but only if he added 40 pounds of muscle. Meanwhile, others like Chris Cormier believe Bumstead should receive a special invite to compete in the Open at a Mr. Olympia show.
As for Bumstead, he’s uncertain if he’ll ever compete as an Open bodybuilder but hasn’t stopped teasing the idea. Earlier this week, Bumstead joined Chris Williamson for another one-on-one. Bumstead again hinted at a move to the Open class. In a show of confidence, Bumstead said he could finish in the top 15 at the Open Mr. Olympia with a year of prep.
‘Cbum’ also compared modern Classic Physique standards to Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s golden era. Overall, Bumstead believes his division today requires more leanness out of athletes. Looking ahead, Bumstead’s focus is on his new training split to bring his absolute best in November.
READ MORE:

Watch the full video from the Raw Nutrition YouTube channel below:

Published: 28 July, 2023 | 11:17 AM EDT

Collage-Maker-28-Jul-2023-10-41-AM-8191.jpg
Chris Bumstead is in preparations to nail down a fifth Classic Physique Olympia title in roughly three months. At the competition, he’ll face a slew of familiar threats, such as Germany’s Urs Kalecinski and Brazil’s Ramon Queiroz. In a recent offering on the Raw Nutrition YouTube channel, Bumstead detailed the current training split he’s using to defend his crown later this year.

Since taking the Classic Physique Olympia title from Breon Ansley in 2019, Bumstead has been an unstoppable force in the category. His tall stature, dry conditioning, and hard muscle density have been critical factors in his successful reign. Bumstead also developed seamless posing routines and transitions, which makes his physique seem even more imposing on stage.

While the physical demands of an Olympia champion are sky-high, Bumstead takes pride in the mental challenges of the sport. He utilizes visualization, breathwork, and meditation, which he credits for helping him maintain inner peace, something he believes is crucial to performing at your best when it’s time to compete.

Ahead of his return to 2023 Mr. Olympia Bumstead has been open about his progress and preparations. Given the exhaustive nature of Hany Rambod’s FST-7 training regimen, Bumstead prioritizes his recovery strategies in the off-season and contest prep. Cbum values fasted cardio, sauna sessions, and cold plunges to ensure his muscles recover properly.

There are only 14 weeks until the sport’s biggest show of the year takes over Orlando, Florida. Having won his last Classic Physique Olympia title with a torn bicep, Bumstead hopes to complete this season with fewer obstacles.

Chris Bumstead Shares New Workout Split to Get Shredded for 2023 Mr. Olympia
Bumstead said he uses a three-day-on, one-day-off, three-day-on training split, which starts with a quad-dominant leg workout on Monday.

“Every time someone asks me this I can’t even remember. I just switched it and it’s hard to remember. It’s a three-day-on, one day off, three-day-on, one day off, repeat. But I’m going to try to get this right: I got legs, like a quad-dominant leg workout and I do chest with a little bit of triceps back with a little bit of biceps.

Then I rest, then I have a shoulder day with a little bit of chest. Then, I have a hamstring day with a little bit of back. And then I have an arm workout and then I rest, then I repeat the cycle,” Bumstead shared.

[/quote]

In addition to his latest split, Bumstead summed up what makes a great champion.

“In my mind what makes a great champion, I would say a great champion is someone I always say who doesn’t quit. Doesn’t matter if you have good days or bad days. Everybody wakes up feeling like shit some days, but if you actually get to work and do your best no matter what, then you’re a good champion, but more specifically aside from that, I think something that elevates people from the rest is champions who lift up others,” said Chris Bumstead.

[/quote]
Sporting one of the most aesthetic bodies in the world, it’s no surprise fans want to sculpt their physiques like ‘Cbum.’ Fortunately, the 28-year-old gave an inside look at his top ten favorite exercises. Following his list of exercises, the fitness community hopped on the trend. Jeff Cavaliere assessed Bumstead’s list with his own modifications. Additionally, Nick Walker made a similar video where he revealed his top ten most essential exercises.

Veterans of the sport have weighed in on Bumstead possibly taking on the Men’s Open. Given the size required for the class, Rich Gaspari suggested Bumstead could win the Mr. Olympia title but only if he added 40 pounds of muscle. Meanwhile, others like Chris Cormier believe Bumstead should receive a special invite to compete in the Open at a Mr. Olympia show.

As for Bumstead, he’s uncertain if he’ll ever compete as an Open bodybuilder but hasn’t stopped teasing the idea. Earlier this week, Bumstead joined Chris Williamson for another one-on-one. Bumstead again hinted at a move to the Open class. In a show of confidence, Bumstead said he could finish in the top 15 at the Open Mr. Olympia with a year of prep.

‘Cbum’ also compared modern Classic Physique standards to Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s golden era. Overall, Bumstead believes his division today requires more leanness out of athletes. Looking ahead, Bumstead’s focus is on his new training split to bring his absolute best in November.

READ MORE:

Watch the full video from the Raw Nutrition YouTube channel below:

Published: 28 July, 2023 | 11:17 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back