Chris Cormier & Olympia Judge List Best Backs & Legs in Bodybuilding History

Muscle Insider

Bodybuilding veteran Chris Cormier has found a place as a respected analyst since moving on from professional competition. He amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience stemming from his decades of work in the sport. In a recent episode of Prime Time Muscle, Cormier and Olympia judge Terrick El Guindy listed the best backs and legs in bodybuilding history.
Chris Cormier first gained attention for his massive muscle mass, size, and conditioning in the Men’s Open division in the 90s. He placed fourth at the 1994 Arnold Classic and turned in a strong performance to get a sixth-place finish in his Mr. Olympia debut in 1994. While he did not win the contest, Cormier was a consistent top-eight finisher and scored two bronze medals. He hung up his posing trunks after a final outing at the 2007 Montreal Pro Classic.
Earlier this year, Cormier heaped praises on 2022 Mr. Olympia Hadi Choopan for his insane consistency in the last five years. He believes Choopan is one of the hardest-working athletes and could defend the title successfully with his refined conditioning and posing abilities.
El Guindy and Cormier made the case against the need to get glute implants and injections in bodybuilding as it could create imbalances, which would result in docked points. The pair broke down the immensely successful careers of the two winningest athletes in bodybuilding, Dexter Jackson and Ashley Kaltwasser three months ago. Cormier ranked Jackson’s resume at the top due to the fierce competition he went up against in fewer shows than available today.

Cormier extended his support for budding Open contender Michal Krizo to become a major force in the near future two months ago. Based on Krizo’s raw look, Cormier is convinced he could be a title contender if he continued to improve at a decent rate.
Last month, Cormier lauded reigning four-time Classic Physique Olympia champion Chris Bumstead for his immense success and analyzed his chances in the Open class. He argued Bumstead could battle it out in some poses and warranted a special invite to compete in the Open Olympia.
Chris Cormier picked the arms of Robby Robinson as the greatest ever along with his crazy biceps peak while El Guindy favored the arms of seven-time Mr. Olympia Phil Heath last month.
Chris Cormier & Olympia Judge List Best Backs in Bodybuilding History
In a recent YouTube video, Chris Cormier and Terrick El Guindy shared their thoughts on the competitors who had the best back muscle development of all time. The duo agreed on former Mr. Olympia Samir Bannout having the best back, ahead of legendary bodybuilders like Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, and Phil Heath.
“If you’re going to go with the best backs, I’d say the ‘Lion of Lebanon.’ When I started competing, he was the Mr. Olympia at the time,” said Cormier. “It was 1983, he won the Olympia and I didn’t think it was real because being a teenager. You’re looking at all the striations, the Christmas tree so deep all across the lats.
“Ali Malla was another one who had an awesome back from back in the day, the back double bicep along with that, every shot from the back looked like it was pasted on, like Plato actually pasted on. I didn’t think those triceps were real because I didn’t know that you can get those little lines.”
“Then you gotta go with Lee Haney. He also had a magnificent back, him and Dorian Yates. Robby Robinson had the back double not so much the last bit but the back double. Flex Wheeler had a crazy back double bicep. Then, there was also Ronnie Coleman. You can not ever speak about this without Ronnie Coleman.”
El Guindy said, “Ronnie Coleman 1999 back double biceps and back lat spread, Dorian Yates 1993 back double biceps and back lat spread, Mohammed Benaziza 1991 Night of Champions, black lat spread and very thick on the back double bicep. Let’s mention guys that didn’t win shows, didn’t become legends, such as Joel Stubbs, he had an incredible back double bicep. In terms of quality, it’s hard to beat Samir Bannout.
“Let’s not forget about one of the guys that people don’t appreciate, stop right now and start appreciating Phil Heath. Phil Heath 2013 back double biceps might be one of the prettiest things you’ve ever seen.”
Cormier & El Guindy on Best Legs Ever
‘The Real Deal’ and El Guindy gave their takes on the competitors who brought the best legs in the history of bodybuilding. They agreed on ‘The Quadfather’ leading the list with Cormier in the mix as well.
El Guindy said, “With back you can go many directions but with legs only one; big, shredded, massive, dense, and it hasn’t gotten better. It’s the only guy in the world with those legs, Tom Platz. Paul De Mayo possibly second, Chris Cormier, and then you got Branch Warren had legs for days.
“2013 Big Ramy’s legs with all that separation, incredible. 2022 Big Ramy without the separation not incredible,” he continued. “Tom Platz is number one for me. Maybe Chris tied with Paul De Mayo and Branch Warren but they were different styles of legs.”
El Guindy added Coleman but Cormier did not agree. They believe there is no clear contender with massive legs in contemporary bodybuilding.
“I’m also going to say Ronnie Coleman and Phil Heath. One time I saw Phil Heath guest posing in Los Angeles and his legs looked massive.”
“Renel Janvier had the glutes, quads, fibers all over,” said Cormier. “You didn’t have to say Ronnie Coleman because he started out with some of the smallest legs in the sport and ended with some of the biggest legs in the sport. Dorian had big legs in certain poses, not all around. He had the calves obviously., It wasn’t just the quads, it was overall density of the leg and his whole body, the back, the whole shot was just crazy.”
El Guindy added, “I’d like to see more legs from Nick Walker. That’s one of the things. Nick Walker is known for his muscularity on top. He needs more flaring quads to minimize the waist. At this point in this generation, we don’t have anybody specific that we go has wow huge legs.”
Two weeks ago, Chris Cormier and El Guindy backed rising Open sensation Andrew Jacked’s chances at dominating the sport for the next few years. They identified 2023 Arnold Classic winner Samson Dauda as the biggest threat standing on Jacked’s way to glory.
You can watch the full video below.

Published: 9 July, 2023 | 12:09 PM EDT

Collage-Maker-08-Jul-2023-02-33-PM-2611.jpg
Bodybuilding veteran Chris Cormier has found a place as a respected analyst since moving on from professional competition. He amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience stemming from his decades of work in the sport. In a recent episode of Prime Time Muscle, Cormier and Olympia judge Terrick El Guindy listed the best backs and legs in bodybuilding history.

Chris Cormier first gained attention for his massive muscle mass, size, and conditioning in the Men’s Open division in the 90s. He placed fourth at the 1994 Arnold Classic and turned in a strong performance to get a sixth-place finish in his Mr. Olympia debut in 1994. While he did not win the contest, Cormier was a consistent top-eight finisher and scored two bronze medals. He hung up his posing trunks after a final outing at the 2007 Montreal Pro Classic.

Earlier this year, Cormier heaped praises on 2022 Mr. Olympia Hadi Choopan for his insane consistency in the last five years. He believes Choopan is one of the hardest-working athletes and could defend the title successfully with his refined conditioning and posing abilities.

El Guindy and Cormier made the case against the need to get glute implants and injections in bodybuilding as it could create imbalances, which would result in docked points. The pair broke down the immensely successful careers of the two winningest athletes in bodybuilding, Dexter Jackson and Ashley Kaltwasser three months ago. Cormier ranked Jackson’s resume at the top due to the fierce competition he went up against in fewer shows than available today.

Cormier extended his support for budding Open contender Michal Krizo to become a major force in the near future two months ago. Based on Krizo’s raw look, Cormier is convinced he could be a title contender if he continued to improve at a decent rate.

Last month, Cormier lauded reigning four-time Classic Physique Olympia champion Chris Bumstead for his immense success and analyzed his chances in the Open class. He argued Bumstead could battle it out in some poses and warranted a special invite to compete in the Open Olympia.

Chris Cormier picked the arms of Robby Robinson as the greatest ever along with his crazy biceps peak while El Guindy favored the arms of seven-time Mr. Olympia Phil Heath last month.

Chris Cormier & Olympia Judge List Best Backs in Bodybuilding History
In a recent YouTube video, Chris Cormier and Terrick El Guindy shared their thoughts on the competitors who had the best back muscle development of all time. The duo agreed on former Mr. Olympia Samir Bannout having the best back, ahead of legendary bodybuilders like Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, and Phil Heath.

“If you’re going to go with the best backs, I’d say the ‘Lion of Lebanon.’ When I started competing, he was the Mr. Olympia at the time,” said Cormier. “It was 1983, he won the Olympia and I didn’t think it was real because being a teenager. You’re looking at all the striations, the Christmas tree so deep all across the lats.

“Ali Malla was another one who had an awesome back from back in the day, the back double bicep along with that, every shot from the back looked like it was pasted on, like Plato actually pasted on. I didn’t think those triceps were real because I didn’t know that you can get those little lines.”

“Then you gotta go with Lee Haney. He also had a magnificent back, him and Dorian Yates. Robby Robinson had the back double not so much the last bit but the back double. Flex Wheeler had a crazy back double bicep. Then, there was also Ronnie Coleman. You can not ever speak about this without Ronnie Coleman.”

El Guindy said, “Ronnie Coleman 1999 back double biceps and back lat spread, Dorian Yates 1993 back double biceps and back lat spread, Mohammed Benaziza 1991 Night of Champions, black lat spread and very thick on the back double bicep. Let’s mention guys that didn’t win shows, didn’t become legends, such as Joel Stubbs, he had an incredible back double bicep. In terms of quality, it’s hard to beat Samir Bannout.

“Let’s not forget about one of the guys that people don’t appreciate, stop right now and start appreciating Phil Heath. Phil Heath 2013 back double biceps might be one of the prettiest things you’ve ever seen.”

[/quote]
Cormier & El Guindy on Best Legs Ever
‘The Real Deal’ and El Guindy gave their takes on the competitors who brought the best legs in the history of bodybuilding. They agreed on ‘The Quadfather’ leading the list with Cormier in the mix as well.

El Guindy said, “With back you can go many directions but with legs only one; big, shredded, massive, dense, and it hasn’t gotten better. It’s the only guy in the world with those legs, Tom Platz. Paul De Mayo possibly second, Chris Cormier, and then you got Branch Warren had legs for days.

“2013 Big Ramy’s legs with all that separation, incredible. 2022 Big Ramy without the separation not incredible,” he continued. “Tom Platz is number one for me. Maybe Chris tied with Paul De Mayo and Branch Warren but they were different styles of legs.”

[/quote]
El Guindy added Coleman but Cormier did not agree. They believe there is no clear contender with massive legs in contemporary bodybuilding.

“I’m also going to say Ronnie Coleman and Phil Heath. One time I saw Phil Heath guest posing in Los Angeles and his legs looked massive.”

“Renel Janvier had the glutes, quads, fibers all over,” said Cormier. “You didn’t have to say Ronnie Coleman because he started out with some of the smallest legs in the sport and ended with some of the biggest legs in the sport. Dorian had big legs in certain poses, not all around. He had the calves obviously., It wasn’t just the quads, it was overall density of the leg and his whole body, the back, the whole shot was just crazy.”

El Guindy added, “I’d like to see more legs from Nick Walker. That’s one of the things. Nick Walker is known for his muscularity on top. He needs more flaring quads to minimize the waist. At this point in this generation, we don’t have anybody specific that we go has wow huge legs.”

[/quote]
Two weeks ago, Chris Cormier and El Guindy backed rising Open sensation Andrew Jacked’s chances at dominating the sport for the next few years. They identified 2023 Arnold Classic winner Samson Dauda as the biggest threat standing on Jacked’s way to glory.

You can watch the full video below.

Published: 9 July, 2023 | 12:09 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back