Interview: Lauralie Chapados Is Poised to Three-Peat at the 2024 Bikini International

Muscle Insider

IFBB Pro League Bikini division athlete Lauralie Chapados sat in her hotel room in Columbus, OH, on Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2024, preparing to compete for her third consecutive Bikini International title on Saturday, March 2, 2024. Most competitors prioritize making their surroundings as peaceful as possible, keeping distractions bare minimum on the cusp of competition day. Despite being the defending Bikini International...
The post Interview: Lauralie Chapados Is Poised to Three-Peat at the 2024 Bikini International appeared first on BarBend.

IFBB Pro League Bikini division athlete Lauralie Chapados sat in her hotel room in Columbus, OH, on Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2024, preparing to compete for her third consecutive Bikini International title on Saturday, March 2, 2024.

Most competitors prioritize making their surroundings as peaceful as possible, keeping distractions bare minimum on the cusp of competition day. Despite being the defending Bikini International champion amid peak week, Chapados, a Celsius representative, gave BarBend an exclusive interview, speaking like it was a normal Wednesday in the Buckeye State.

Editor’s Note: The following interview has been lightly edited for readability.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by 2x Ms Bikini International (@lauraliechap)

[/quote]

[Related: Interview: Samson Dauda is Prepared to Defend His Arnold Classic Title]

BarBend: How has your 2024 Bikini International prep been as the two-time defending champion chasing history on one of bodybuilding’s biggest stages?

Chapados: I’m feeling great. The prep has been so amazing. I’m in Columbus and settled. I can’t wait for Saturday.

• Chapados is coming off a fourth-place finish at the 2023 Bikini Olympia, won by Jennifer Dorie. Chapados received feedback from the Olympia judges that her rank just off the podium was due to having too much muscle in her lower body.

• Chapados took that feedback and got to work with the support from coach Kim Oddo and trainer and boyfriend Aldo Paredes. Chapados is a defending champion with a challenger mindset.

• Chapados’ adjustments for this prep included jogging more, plyometrics, and adding more fats and carbs to her diet. As one of the more experienced athletes in the Bikini division, Chapados has more muscle maturity — a strength in the judges’ eyes.

Chapados: I’ve had this team since the Arnold in 2021 when I finished third. That has been my little cocoon, and they keep that bubble really safe for me.

BarBend: How does it feel knowing it would be a historic victory if you three-peat at the 2024 Bikini International? No champion in the contest’s history has won three consecutive titles.

Chapados: I want to make a statement at the Arnold. If that statement happens to be my third straight win, that is legendary. Now, I set my goals higher; I want more titles and bigger shows. The Arnold is obviously one of those.

BarBend: You’ve fared better in Columbus than at the Olympia. What is the difference between the shows that enable your consistency at the Arnold?

Chapados: I always give credit to the Arnold for being in Columbus every year. It’s always in March. That helps us as athletes.

[/quote]

BarBend: You’re making your 2024 season debut at the Bikini International and will face 10 of the best athletes in the Bikini division, including the returning two-time Olympia and International champion, Angelica Teixeira. Thoughts on that matchup?

Chapados: I have so much respect for her, and she’s coming back to look her best ever and as a mother. We have such a great friendship and have traveled together. I can’t wait to be backstage with her again.

• Other superstars in the lineup include rising star Aimee Delgado and her “Say More Podcast” co-host Phoebe Hagan.

• Though the division is filled with dedicated competitors, Chapados feels the camaraderie among the Bikini athletes is a draw for fans. She hopes the Bikini debutants in Columbus enjoy the experience.

Chapados: We’re all very serious about the sport. I can’t wait to see their faces. The Arnold does a good job of putting on the show for the athletes. The care is amazing.

[/quote]

[Related: Urs Kalecinski and Wesley Vissers Tag Team Back Training During 2024 Arnold Classic Prep]

• Chapados is focused on Columbus but revealed to BarBend that she will compete in the 2024 Pittsburgh Pro and 2024 New York Pro shows even if she is not victorious in Columbus.

• Those are two more opportunities to qualify for the 2024 Olympia in Las Vegas, NV, on Oct. 10-13, 2024. This schedule might sound familiar since it’s exactly what she did after she won her first Bikini International championship.

Chapados: It’s going to be like 2022 all over again.

BarBend: How can fans in attendance at the Arnold interact with you? Will you be at the Arnold Expo with the Celsius team? Chapados will join the Celsius team on Sunday, March 3, 2024, at the Arnold Expo to meet fans — one of the weekend’s highlights she looks forward to most.

Chapados: I will be there from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. [on Sunday, March 3, 2024]. I try not to go before I compete because I am there as an athlete, but I love that day because I get to spend more time, chat more, and hear their stories and journeys. It’s so amazing.

The 2024 Bikini International will occur on Saturday, March 2, 2024. Prejudging will begin at 11:00 a.m. EST. The finals are slated for 7:00 p.m. EST. Fans not in Columbus can watch both rounds of competition live via the free Arnold Classic livestream.

Featured images: @lauraliechap on Instagram

The post Interview: Lauralie Chapados Is Poised to Three-Peat at the 2024 Bikini International appeared first on BarBend.

Click here to view the article.

Back