Jay Cutler Says He’s Gained 15 Lbs During ‘Fit-for-50’ Challenge, Reveals New Physique Goals

Muscle Insider

Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler continues to prove why he was such a dominant force in the IFBB Pro League. Having captured four Mr. Olympia titles, his legacy is set in stone yet he still offers fans engaging content on a regular basis. In the latest Cutler Cast Podcast, Jay discussed his physique goals for 2023 and talked about his diet and training en route to turning 50 years old.
During his tenure, Cutler was one of the sport’s biggest faces. When no one thought it was possible, Cutler managed to dethrone the great eight-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman in 2006. His accolades are on par with some of the best bodybuilders to ever compete. While Cutler was knocked off the throne by Dexter Jackson in 2008, he regained it a year later. He’s the only Men’s Open competitor to win back a Mr. Olympia title.
Cutler retired in 2013 after a decorated career. However, his love for training, dieting, and bodybuilding persists. Late last year, Jay Cutler announced that he planned to undergo a physique transformation. Immediately, fans suspected that a comeback was on the table but Cutler said he was taking on the challenge for personal fulfillment.

From physique updates to training sessions, Cutler has offered fans a consistent look into his transformation process. In a previous Cutler Cast Podcast, the 49-year-old stressed that he would only use testosterone replacement therapy. In addition, he said he planned to avoid more powerful compounds like Trenbolone.
Jay Cutler Reflects on ‘Striving to Be Known,’ & Discusses Diet/Training for 2023 Body Transformation
As of right now, Cutler’s focus is on getting big and lean.
“But at the same time, I always said I was going to get in my best shape in 10 years since I retired in 2013. I was 40. I’ll be 50 here in August. I was kind of contemplating whether I wanted to be super shredded, smaller… I just wanted to have the best version of me with what’s on hand. It’s kind of changed to be honest.
I just want to be able to say I can take my shirt off when I get up on a podium and speak or whatever, and people are like damn that’s an impressive physique which is right now there’s no question but I still wanted to have a point where it’s like okay, my condition is great, the water retention is not super, and the body fat is lower. The whole position is going to be as big and lean as possible but not to have – not to say I won’t, even now I have some striations, but not like toned down, ripped for a contest,” explained Jay Cutler.
According to the bodybuilding icon, he’s gained 15 pounds since starting the fit-for-50 challenge. He specified that his food and training have been consistent. In addition, Jay is incorporating 40-60 minutes of cardio daily, which he says has made his skin feel different.

“I’ve put on 15 pounds, almost 15 pounds of weight,” said Cutler. “I’m getting rounder but you know, remember, I’m still seven and a half weeks, so this is really when the body, I want to start bringing in the shoulders. The training has been super consistent. The food, I ate six meals a day but I honestly missed when we were traveling some. It was very difficult.
As you know, I didn’t train for like four days in a row. I did cardio two of the four days but I realize now how important it is for everyday, especially when you eat six meals, you can’t take four days off in a row or my metabolism just doesn’t keep up.”
“I feel my skin sits differently. I feel – I’m doing cardio twice a day now the last two days I’ve done double. This started at the eight-week point. I started twice a day. So I do at least 20 minutes twice a day or I’m trying for like 30 minutes two sessions plus the training weight sessions so these are separate. Yes, I feel more healthy because I’m more on track.”
As for sustainability, Cutler doesn’t think he can maintain six meals a day for much longer.
“I just don’t think I’ll be able to be that committed to the food to be truthful. The food, six meals a day at 50, I mean, is it healthy long-term eating that much? I’m eating eight ounces of protein and at least 50 grams of carbs for meals, a lot of meals on certain days I cut down on the food. But I still have the carbs pretty much except for the last meal, well I add avocado to my egg whites. I have a strict schedule that I follow. Like I said, I was always cooking the Trifecta.”
Lastly, Cutler emphasized to anyone watching that in order to achieve fame, one must strive for excellence and triumph in their pursuits.

“I remember when I was striving to be known and it wasn’t about being known, it was about being successful competition-wise. What was the only way to get there? It was winning. Right? You had to have a talent where today, now… your voice, your opinions sometimes can be how you gather people’s attention.”
Aside from his own fitness endeavors, Cutler is a huge source of knowledge for those eager to learn training techniques. With summer here, Cutler recently showcased useful tips for sculpting abs. He also named his top three exercises for conditioning the muscle instead of building it.
Fans hope to see Jay Cutler guest pose at the upcoming 2023 Masters Olympia competition. Even without competing, Cutler has inspired millions with his relentless passion for bodybuilding.
You can watch the full video from the Cutler Cast YouTube channel below:

RELATED: 4x Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler Shares Arm-Building Hypertrophy Workout
Published: 23 June, 2023 | 11:51 AM EDT

jay-cutler-physique-goals.jpg
Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler continues to prove why he was such a dominant force in the IFBB Pro League. Having captured four Mr. Olympia titles, his legacy is set in stone yet he still offers fans engaging content on a regular basis. In the latest Cutler Cast Podcast, Jay discussed his physique goals for 2023 and talked about his diet and training en route to turning 50 years old.

During his tenure, Cutler was one of the sport’s biggest faces. When no one thought it was possible, Cutler managed to dethrone the great eight-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman in 2006. His accolades are on par with some of the best bodybuilders to ever compete. While Cutler was knocked off the throne by Dexter Jackson in 2008, he regained it a year later. He’s the only Men’s Open competitor to win back a Mr. Olympia title.

Cutler retired in 2013 after a decorated career. However, his love for training, dieting, and bodybuilding persists. Late last year, Jay Cutler announced that he planned to undergo a physique transformation. Immediately, fans suspected that a comeback was on the table but Cutler said he was taking on the challenge for personal fulfillment.

From physique updates to training sessions, Cutler has offered fans a consistent look into his transformation process. In a previous Cutler Cast Podcast, the 49-year-old stressed that he would only use testosterone replacement therapy. In addition, he said he planned to avoid more powerful compounds like Trenbolone.

Jay Cutler Reflects on ‘Striving to Be Known,’ & Discusses Diet/Training for 2023 Body Transformation
As of right now, Cutler’s focus is on getting big and lean.

“But at the same time, I always said I was going to get in my best shape in 10 years since I retired in 2013. I was 40. I’ll be 50 here in August. I was kind of contemplating whether I wanted to be super shredded, smaller… I just wanted to have the best version of me with what’s on hand. It’s kind of changed to be honest.

I just want to be able to say I can take my shirt off when I get up on a podium and speak or whatever, and people are like damn that’s an impressive physique which is right now there’s no question but I still wanted to have a point where it’s like okay, my condition is great, the water retention is not super, and the body fat is lower. The whole position is going to be as big and lean as possible but not to have – not to say I won’t, even now I have some striations, but not like toned down, ripped for a contest,” explained Jay Cutler.

[/quote]
According to the bodybuilding icon, he’s gained 15 pounds since starting the fit-for-50 challenge. He specified that his food and training have been consistent. In addition, Jay is incorporating 40-60 minutes of cardio daily, which he says has made his skin feel different.

“I’ve put on 15 pounds, almost 15 pounds of weight,” said Cutler. “I’m getting rounder but you know, remember, I’m still seven and a half weeks, so this is really when the body, I want to start bringing in the shoulders. The training has been super consistent. The food, I ate six meals a day but I honestly missed when we were traveling some. It was very difficult.

As you know, I didn’t train for like four days in a row. I did cardio two of the four days but I realize now how important it is for everyday, especially when you eat six meals, you can’t take four days off in a row or my metabolism just doesn’t keep up.”

“I feel my skin sits differently. I feel – I’m doing cardio twice a day now the last two days I’ve done double. This started at the eight-week point. I started twice a day. So I do at least 20 minutes twice a day or I’m trying for like 30 minutes two sessions plus the training weight sessions so these are separate. Yes, I feel more healthy because I’m more on track.”

[/quote]
As for sustainability, Cutler doesn’t think he can maintain six meals a day for much longer.

“I just don’t think I’ll be able to be that committed to the food to be truthful. The food, six meals a day at 50, I mean, is it healthy long-term eating that much? I’m eating eight ounces of protein and at least 50 grams of carbs for meals, a lot of meals on certain days I cut down on the food. But I still have the carbs pretty much except for the last meal, well I add avocado to my egg whites. I have a strict schedule that I follow. Like I said, I was always cooking the Trifecta.”

[/quote]
Lastly, Cutler emphasized to anyone watching that in order to achieve fame, one must strive for excellence and triumph in their pursuits.

“I remember when I was striving to be known and it wasn’t about being known, it was about being successful competition-wise. What was the only way to get there? It was winning. Right? You had to have a talent where today, now… your voice, your opinions sometimes can be how you gather people’s attention.”

[/quote]
Aside from his own fitness endeavors, Cutler is a huge source of knowledge for those eager to learn training techniques. With summer here, Cutler recently showcased useful tips for sculpting abs. He also named his top three exercises for conditioning the muscle instead of building it.

Fans hope to see Jay Cutler guest pose at the upcoming 2023 Masters Olympia competition. Even without competing, Cutler has inspired millions with his relentless passion for bodybuilding.

You can watch the full video from the Cutler Cast YouTube channel below:

RELATED: 4x Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler Shares Arm-Building Hypertrophy Workout

Published: 23 June, 2023 | 11:51 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back