Kai Greene: Words of Bodybuilding Wisdom

Muscle Insider

By Kai Greene

It’s a lifetime journey. I came up through the ranks. I competed in all of the teenage bodybuilder competitions. To start from one place, and to be able to understand how some of these bodybuilding fundamentals evolved to apply themselves to other aspects of my life, is a concept I embrace. Understanding that at one time, this 23- or 24-inch arm was once a seven-inch arm, and how everything evolved from there, is essential to keep the education process going. Mine has been a lifetime of developing myself as an athlete, a bodybuilder and a person. The journey helps me understand the more complex ideas of positive self-development.

Continue to work hard.You have to continue working hard not just in the gym, but also beyond the gym in business, in your personal life. The ability to realize your own dream is your own. It does not just start and stop in the gym. I still see myself as a work in progress. My best is not behind me; it is still in front of me.

Soak up the experience. As your physique changes – improves – you have to soak up the experience of how you moved from one stage to the next. You have to analyze, educate yourself and figure out what works and what doesn’t, how your body reacts – or doesn’t react – to certain disciplines.

Be a man of action. Identify yourself as a man of action – working to advance and achieve objectives. You have to figure out ways to get that done. Through bodybuilding, I was able to identify a path toward positive overall self-development that made sense to me.

Focus on yourself. It’s not being selfish to focus on yourself. It’s being aware of the fact that you as an individual are able to make choices and focus on things that don’t depress you, but help keep your motivation at a high level. In that way, you are capable of taking more efficient action steps toward achieving what your ultimate larger goals are. The bodybuilding experience helped me to better understand and navigate my way through this life, and maintain and build on the positive path I had started to follow. All of my business developments, and the people and things that have come into my life, are a result of my efforts to put my best foot forward and invest in being a better me – the best me I can be.

Commit 100 percent. To accomplish your dreams, you have to get in the trenches, be honest and commit yourself 100 percent to a strategic plan.

Trial and error. Even though my progress to the pros was maybe slower than some other bodybuilders, I never lost sight or became disenchanted with my dream of being a professional bodybuilder. It was a decade-long journey of trial and error as I formulated my ever-changing plan of action.

It's a journey. Understanding bodybuilding and coming to terms with its nuances is much more complex than just answering, in short form, questions like, “How many reps do you do for side laterals?” To me, the journey of bodybuilding is more than assessing or discussing the finished physical product. I’m more interested in the step-by-step journey someone followed to reach the goal of that finished product.

Don’t focus on the answer; focus on the work, the journey, the philosophy and the mindset that created that answer. The deeper your thinking, the more comprehensive your analysis, the greater will be your ability to thoroughly process the ramifications of your journey, make the necessary modifications and therefore make optimum progress.

Never give up. If my journey teaches anybody anything, it underscores that before you get to be the best that you can be, you have to traverse all the twists and turns and setbacks of your journey. In short, you must never give up. You must keep prevailing, and never lose faith that you will achieve your ambition. With that formula in place, you can make your dreams reality.

Instagram @kaigreene
Twitter @KaiGreene
Facebook @officialkaigreene
trainwithkai.com
YouTube: Kai Greene

Kai Greene’s Redcon1 Stack
Total War® RTD - pre-workout
BIG NOISE® - pre-workout
ISOTOPE® - post-workout
Yohimbine HCL - pre-workout
MED+KIT® - upon waking
BREACH® - intra-workout

For more information, visit redcon1.com

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMSSUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY
GET OFFICIAL MD STUFFVISIT OUR STORE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAM YOUTUBE

x469553213-kai-greene-column-redcon-slider.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.9bn_PjOktv.jpg

By Kai Greene

It’s a lifetime journey. I came up through the ranks. I competed in all of the teenage bodybuilder competitions. To start from one place, and to be able to understand how some of these bodybuilding fundamentals evolved to apply themselves to other aspects of my life, is a concept I embrace. Understanding that at one time, this 23- or 24-inch arm was once a seven-inch arm, and how everything evolved from there, is essential to keep the education process going. Mine has been a lifetime of developing myself as an athlete, a bodybuilder and a person. The journey helps me understand the more complex ideas of positive self-development.

Continue to work hard.You have to continue working hard not just in the gym, but also beyond the gym in business, in your personal life. The ability to realize your own dream is your own. It does not just start and stop in the gym. I still see myself as a work in progress. My best is not behind me; it is still in front of me.

Soak up the experience. As your physique changes – improves – you have to soak up the experience of how you moved from one stage to the next. You have to analyze, educate yourself and figure out what works and what doesn’t, how your body reacts – or doesn’t react – to certain disciplines.

Be a man of action. Identify yourself as a man of action – working to advance and achieve objectives. You have to figure out ways to get that done. Through bodybuilding, I was able to identify a path toward positive overall self-development that made sense to me.

x469553165-_47i1349b-w.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.508JH09lmR.jpg

Focus on yourself. It’s not being selfish to focus on yourself. It’s being aware of the fact that you as an individual are able to make choices and focus on things that don’t depress you, but help keep your motivation at a high level. In that way, you are capable of taking more efficient action steps toward achieving what your ultimate larger goals are. The bodybuilding experience helped me to better understand and navigate my way through this life, and maintain and build on the positive path I had started to follow. All of my business developments, and the people and things that have come into my life, are a result of my efforts to put my best foot forward and invest in being a better me – the best me I can be.

Commit 100 percent. To accomplish your dreams, you have to get in the trenches, be honest and commit yourself 100 percent to a strategic plan.

Trial and error. Even though my progress to the pros was maybe slower than some other bodybuilders, I never lost sight or became disenchanted with my dream of being a professional bodybuilder. It was a decade-long journey of trial and error as I formulated my ever-changing plan of action.

It's a journey. Understanding bodybuilding and coming to terms with its nuances is much more complex than just answering, in short form, questions like, “How many reps do you do for side laterals?” To me, the journey of bodybuilding is more than assessing or discussing the finished physical product. I’m more interested in the step-by-step journey someone followed to reach the goal of that finished product.

Don’t focus on the answer; focus on the work, the journey, the philosophy and the mindset that created that answer. The deeper your thinking, the more comprehensive your analysis, the greater will be your ability to thoroughly process the ramifications of your journey, make the necessary modifications and therefore make optimum progress.

Never give up. If my journey teaches anybody anything, it underscores that before you get to be the best that you can be, you have to traverse all the twists and turns and setbacks of your journey. In short, you must never give up. You must keep prevailing, and never lose faith that you will achieve your ambition. With that formula in place, you can make your dreams reality.

Instagram @kaigreene

Twitter @KaiGreene

Facebook @officialkaigreene

trainwithkai.com

YouTube: Kai Greene

Kai Greene’s Redcon1 Stack

Total War® RTD - pre-workout

BIG NOISE® - pre-workout

ISOTOPE® - post-workout

Yohimbine HCL - pre-workout

MED+KIT® - upon waking

BREACH® - intra-workout