Serena And Venus Williams Say Bodybuilding Could Be Part Of Life After Tennis

Muscle Insider

Serena and Venus Williams have discussed the possibility of becoming bodybuilders after their tennis careers.
It is not crazy to say that Serena and Venus Williams are the two greatest female tennis players of all-time. They have had great success since becoming prodigies at a young age. While they have dominated tennis for two decades now, the duo might have some other goals to achieve off the court.
The sisters will grace the cover of Harper’s Bazaar’s Legacy Issue. During their time with the publication, both Serena and Venus Williams discussed their future plans. Neither was ready to call it quits on the court but they could use their fitness passion and skill to take on bodybuilding.

“Serena and I say we’re going to become bodybuilders after tennis. It might be extreme. It might not happen exactly like that, but you never know,” Venus Williams said.
“From such a young age, all we’ve done is work. So I think for Serena and I to explore that freedom is surreal. We’ve never been free.”
The tennis duo certainly has the freedom to do whatever they want after retiring from the sport that they have played all of their lives. Serena and Venus Williams have combined to win 30 Grand Slam titles as singles players and have won 14 Grand Slam titles as doubles partners. They have also added one Olympia gold medal each as singles players and combined to win three gold medals together as partners. These came in 2000 in Sydney, 2008 in Beijing, and 2012 in London.

The Williams’ sisters are also at the top of the career earnings’ list in terms of female players. They grew a passion for tennis at a young age and were trained hard by their parents. This is where they leaned plenty of lessons.
“My dad always told us to plan ahead. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail,” Serena Williams said.
“”We never planned to just only play tennis and just only be tennis players. We planned to do more.”

This is not to say that Serena and Venus Williams will take on the challenge of bodybuilding but it is a future plan that they have thought of. It would certainly be interesting to see how their training and overall lifestyle would change if they went from the tennis court to the bodybuilding stage. If there is a duo of athletes that could make the jump, it would be the Williams’ sisters.
For more news and updates, follow Generation Iron on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

serenavenuswilliams071516.jpg
Serena and Venus Williams have discussed the possibility of becoming bodybuilders after their tennis careers.
It is not crazy to say that Serena and Venus Williams are the two greatest female tennis players of all-time. They have had great success since becoming prodigies at a young age. While they have dominated tennis for two decades now, the duo might have some other goals to achieve off the court.

The sisters will grace the cover of Harper’s Bazaar’s Legacy Issue. During their time with the publication, both Serena and Venus Williams discussed their future plans. Neither was ready to call it quits on the court but they could use their fitness passion and skill to take on bodybuilding.

“Serena and I say we’re going to become bodybuilders after tennis. It might be extreme. It might not happen exactly like that, but you never know,” Venus Williams said.

“From such a young age, all we’ve done is work. So I think for Serena and I to explore that freedom is surreal. We’ve never been free.”

[/quote]
The tennis duo certainly has the freedom to do whatever they want after retiring from the sport that they have played all of their lives. Serena and Venus Williams have combined to win 30 Grand Slam titles as singles players and have won 14 Grand Slam titles as doubles partners. They have also added one Olympia gold medal each as singles players and combined to win three gold medals together as partners. These came in 2000 in Sydney, 2008 in Beijing, and 2012 in London.

[/quote]
The Williams’ sisters are also at the top of the career earnings’ list in terms of female players. They grew a passion for tennis at a young age and were trained hard by their parents. This is where they leaned plenty of lessons.

“My dad always told us to plan ahead. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail,” Serena Williams said.

“”We never planned to just only play tennis and just only be tennis players. We planned to do more.”

[/quote]

This is not to say that Serena and Venus Williams will take on the challenge of bodybuilding but it is a future plan that they have thought of. It would certainly be interesting to see how their training and overall lifestyle would change if they went from the tennis court to the bodybuilding stage. If there is a duo of athletes that could make the jump, it would be the Williams’ sisters.

For more news and updates, follow Generation Iron on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Click here to view the article.

Back