The Rock Shares ‘Intense and Controlled’ Chest & Back Workout: ‘Focused and Slow’

Muscle Insider

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson makes the most of his workouts despite a busy schedule. In his latest gym visit, The Rock shared a brutal training session of 275-pound Smith machine incline bench presses for reps.
As a former professional wrestler for major organizations such as the WWE and WWF, The Rock’s brand and name recognition quickly grew following his transition into acting. With a role in Marvel’s standalone success, Black Adam, and many other ventures, The Rock’s entertainment projects have totaled more than $3 billion in the United States.
The Rock lives by his motto of being the hardest worker in the room. He regularly showcases grueling workouts online and pushes the pace regardless of the time. From brutal chest and upper body training sessions to ‘killer leg day finishers,’ Johnson attacks his schedule with maximum intensity, which he credits for helping him maintain such an impressive physique.

In a recent Instagram post, The Rock demonstrated how he finishes a chest and back training session with Smith machine incline bench presses. He offered tips for avoiding shoulder stress during the movement.
The Rock Pushes Through 275-Lb Smith Machine Incline Bench Press for Reps
Check out The Rock’s latest chest and back workout below:

“Saturday morning chest & back training
Good ‘mental inventory’ day after a crazy busy week.Man I needed it
Smith machine incline I do towards the end of my chest workout when my chest is fatigued.Not too heavy.275LBS
Be mindful as to how far you bring the weight down to mitigate that stress on your shoulders (I had complete shoulder reconstruction surgery – you don’t want that fun pain in your life, so take my advice)Focused, slow & controlled.3 second negatives.Intense and controlled.
Give it a try and have a productive weekend (and fun;) my friends.
~ dj” The Rock posted.

Johnson prefers not to overload the shoulders with weight as he’s undergone shoulder reconstruction surgery. Instead, he utilizes lighter weight and slows down his reps to maximize the pump with time under tension.
In addition to training sessions, The Rock likes to show off massive cheat meals, which he typically consumes on leg days. Some of his more notable meals included burgers from the In-N-Out fast food chain and his signature ‘power-packed’ breakfast consisting of steak, eggs, oatmeal, and five peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

The Rock’s famous cheat meals even got the attention of influencer Brian Johnson, well-known as Liver King. Earlier this month, Liver King showed off a ‘Goddam* overdue’ donuts and pizza cheat meal of his own. Following Liver King’s steroid scandal last year, podcast host Joe Rogan suggested that The Rock now come clean about his alleged use.
RELATED: The Rock Shares 2:30 A.M. ‘Burning Superset Workout’: ‘Stretch & Elongate Those Lat Fibers’
Despite a non-stop schedule, The Rock doesn’t appear to be slowing down at his home gym Iron Paradise. When performing his latest lift, he encourages using lighter weights to avoid over-stressing the shoulders.
Published: 25 April, 2023 | 12:30 AM EDT

Collage-Maker-24-Apr-2023-02-48-PM-9551.jpg
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson makes the most of his workouts despite a busy schedule. In his latest gym visit, The Rock shared a brutal training session of 275-pound Smith machine incline bench presses for reps.

As a former professional wrestler for major organizations such as the WWE and WWF, The Rock’s brand and name recognition quickly grew following his transition into acting. With a role in Marvel’s standalone success, Black Adam, and many other ventures, The Rock’s entertainment projects have totaled more than $3 billion in the United States.

The Rock lives by his motto of being the hardest worker in the room. He regularly showcases grueling workouts online and pushes the pace regardless of the time. From brutal chest and upper body training sessions to ‘killer leg day finishers,’ Johnson attacks his schedule with maximum intensity, which he credits for helping him maintain such an impressive physique.

In a recent Instagram post, The Rock demonstrated how he finishes a chest and back training session with Smith machine incline bench presses. He offered tips for avoiding shoulder stress during the movement.

The Rock Pushes Through 275-Lb Smith Machine Incline Bench Press for Reps
Check out The Rock’s latest chest and back workout below:

“Saturday morning chest & back training

Good ‘mental inventory’ day after a crazy busy week.

Man I needed it

Smith machine incline I do towards the end of my chest workout when my chest is fatigued.

Not too heavy.

275LBS

Be mindful as to how far you bring the weight down to mitigate that stress on your shoulders (I had complete shoulder reconstruction surgery – you don’t want that fun pain in your life, so take my advice)

Focused, slow & controlled.

3 second negatives.

Intense and controlled.

Give it a try and have a productive weekend (and fun;) my friends.

~ dj” The Rock posted.

[/quote]

Johnson prefers not to overload the shoulders with weight as he’s undergone shoulder reconstruction surgery. Instead, he utilizes lighter weight and slows down his reps to maximize the pump with time under tension.

In addition to training sessions, The Rock likes to show off massive cheat meals, which he typically consumes on leg days. Some of his more notable meals included burgers from the In-N-Out fast food chain and his signature ‘power-packed’ breakfast consisting of steak, eggs, oatmeal, and five peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

The Rock’s famous cheat meals even got the attention of influencer Brian Johnson, well-known as Liver King. Earlier this month, Liver King showed off a ‘Goddam* overdue’ donuts and pizza cheat meal of his own. Following Liver King’s steroid scandal last year, podcast host Joe Rogan suggested that The Rock now come clean about his alleged use.

RELATED: The Rock Shares 2:30 A.M. ‘Burning Superset Workout’: ‘Stretch & Elongate Those Lat Fibers’

Despite a non-stop schedule, The Rock doesn’t appear to be slowing down at his home gym Iron Paradise. When performing his latest lift, he encourages using lighter weights to avoid over-stressing the shoulders.

Published: 25 April, 2023 | 12:30 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back