Trey Mitchell Withdraws From 2023 Rogue Strongman Invitational Due to Torn Achilles Tendon

Muscle Insider

Tragedy struck at the 2023 Rogue Invitational‘s strongman contest: Two-time Shaw Classic champion Trey Mitchell withdrew from the competition after suffering a right Achilles tendon tear during the “Iron Bull” event at the end of Day One on Oct. 27, 2023. It was confirmed at the start of Day Two, the final day of competition for the strongmen,...
The post Trey Mitchell Withdraws From 2023 Rogue Strongman Invitational Due to Torn Achilles Tendon appeared first on BarBend.

Tragedy struck at the 2023 Rogue Invitational‘s strongman contest: Two-time Shaw Classic champion Trey Mitchell withdrew from the competition after suffering a right Achilles tendon tear during the “Iron Bull” event at the end of Day One on Oct. 27, 2023. It was confirmed at the start of Day Two, the final day of competition for the strongmen, that Mitchell’s injury caused him to pull out of the contest entirely. He had 11.5 points.

Mitchell’s inevitable last-place finish still results in a payday of $4,373.56 — 0.4 percent of the $1,625,254.53 prize pool. Below are the results Mitchell scored before his injury at the 2023 Rogue Invitational, including his event one win in the “Tower of Power.” But first, check out a video published by Mitchell on his Instagram page that clearly displays when the tear happened on the Iron Bull implement — the footage is slowed down, and the injury to his right leg is visibly evident.

Note: The video below contains a graphic depiction of bodily injury. Viewer discretion is advised.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Trey Big Thicket Mitchell (@berserkerlifter)

[/quote]

[Related: 2023 Rogue Invitational Live Results and Leaderboard]

“Without a doubt, I came into the Rogue Invitational more prepared than I have ever been for a competition,” wrote Mitchell in the caption of his Instagram post. “Absolutely everything dialed in, and my performance in the deadlift was only a teaser to what I knew I was capable of.

Unfortunately, the sled pull had different plans for us all today, and I went down. As you can clearly see, my right foot in the video sustained a full Achilles tear. I meet with an orthopedic surgeon in the morning and will update everyone as I know more.”

2023 Rogue Invitational Strongman Results | Trey Mitchell
  • Tower of Power — First place, eight reps
  • Iron Bull — CAP + 401, ninth place
Only one athlete — Mateusz Kieliszkowski — completed the “Iron Bull” within the time cap. All nine other strongmen, including Mitchell, struggled to move the 1,000-pound implement through the course.

Three strongman events are scheduled for Day Two of the competition in Round Rock, TX. The “Ultimate Log Lift” was changed to a max log lift due to inclement weather concerns. Barbend will update this article as more information regarding the orthopedic surgeon’s diagnosis of Mitchell’s injury becomes available.

Featured Image: @berserkerlifter on Instagram

The post Trey Mitchell Withdraws From 2023 Rogue Strongman Invitational Due to Torn Achilles Tendon appeared first on BarBend.

Click here to view the article.

Back