Any Day Traders Here?

Presser

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Just curious if anyone here has tried their hand at Day Trading? ANd if so how you did? and who did ya use for the software set up

I have but probably broke even after a year. I would play manipulated penny stocks. Get tips daily via text, pump and dump style. Put in and pull out before the bottom falls out. Some I would ride throughout the day and use multiple sites, trademonster, ameritrade and so on. I was flagged as a day trader on all but I just had to keep a minimum in my trading account.

I of course have long stocks and invest pretty aggressive but I had some free time at work an took advantage for a while to day trade. I dont have the nerves anymore, try throwing in 1,000 here and there a day on multiple stocks and seeing it disappear in seconds but then again, I bought in and made 1,000's in seconds. Its a hell of a ride.

I have but probably broke even after a year. I would play manipulated penny stocks. Get tips daily via text, pump and dump style. Put in and pull out before the bottom falls out. Some I would ride throughout the day and use multiple sites, trademonster, ameritrade and so on. I was flagged as a day trader on all but I just had to keep a minimum in my trading account.

I of course have long stocks and invest pretty aggressive but I had some free time at work an took advantage for a while to day trade. I dont have the nerves anymore, try throwing in 1,000 here and there a day on multiple stocks and seeing it disappear in seconds but then again, I bought in and made 1,000's in seconds. Its a hell of a ride.

yeah the highs and lows just like gambling!

I day trade. I use the Scottrade online broker site. You have to have a minimum of $25,000 in you account to be a full time day trader. Otherwise you are only allowed 3 day trades a week. SEC rules. I look for stocks that have a big % rise. I use a site called Barchart. They give a complete summary of the days action. I look for the biggest % rises there. For example a stock called Vision China Media(VISN) was $2.50 in October. 2 days ago it reached $37 before falling back. That is a huge price gain for such a short time. Check it out on Stockcharts.com. There have been several stocks like this over the past 6 mo. I also try to sell stocks short when I get the chance. That is when you make money when they go down in price. It takes years of experience, but if you know what you are doing you can make some big bucks. For example if you bought 1000 shares of VISN at $2.50 and sold at $37, you would have made over $34,000 in 4 months.

I day trade. I use the Scottrade online broker site. You have to have a minimum of $25,000 in you account to be a full time day trader. Otherwise you are only allowed 3 day trades a week. SEC rules. I look for stocks that have a big % rise. I use a site called Barchart. They give a complete summary of the days action. I look for the biggest % rises there. For example a stock called Vision China Media(VISN) was $2.50 in October. 2 days ago it reached $37 before falling back. That is a huge price gain for such a short time. Check it out on Stockcharts.com. There have been several stocks like this over the past 6 mo. I also try to sell stocks short when I get the chance. That is when you make money when they go down in price. It takes years of experience, but if you know what you are doing you can make some big bucks. For example if you bought 1000 shares of VISN at $2.50 and sold at $37, you would have made over $34,000 in 4 months.

Yeah I seen VISN mentioned yesterday on Varney show, I think Charles was High on it if I'm not mistaken, or actually i think he missed this one, i forget which but i do remember them talking about it yesterday on Fox Biz's Varney & Co

I trade for a living been doing so for 8 years, last 4 with a teacher/mentor. You need a teacher this is not something that you can get from a book. If you are interested I would sign up for Bulls on wall streets boot camp. He charges like 3k or something, but believe me if you want to learn how to trade you need to learn. First off you need 25k to day trade stocks, futures you don't need that. There is actually more money in futures because its taxed differently. Seriously though Bulls on wall street's instructor Kunal is the real deal and I wish I would have found him before I first started. Thing is he wasn't around then. His boot camp is like 60 days or so then he sets you up on a simulator before you use real cash. I have not taken his class because I know how to trade and have a teacher /mentor that I use. She teaches more advanced topics and I have been with her since she started teaching 4 years ago. Without her I wouldn't have made it.. Her site is the trading book . Where Kunal takes you from the very begining. He offers a 4 day class for like 50 bucks well worth it. Just for disclaimer I am not associated with that site in any way. There are so many charlatans in the trading world its unbelievable but he is real deal. Trading is a specialized skill set, learnable. Thing is you have to like it or you will never make the learning curve. But I day trade stocks,options futures and currency. I look for what ever is moving then I jump in ride the momentum then get out. I use interactive brokers for stocks and think or swim for charting. Interactive has best prices. I also swing trade I mainly trade a basket of stocks which include apple, tesla,twitter, I rotate stocks in and out based upon mometum. Usually apple gives me m y daily cash injection that I need.

Back