Arnold Schwarzenegger Leads Workout, Discusses Sleep & Alcohol with Comedians Bert Kreischer & Fortune Feimster

Muscle Insider

Bodybuilding legend Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s love for the pump was on full display in a special workout collaboration. In a recent YouTube video, Schwarzenegger joined comedians Bert Kreischer and Fortune Feimster for an upper body training session.
Competing in the 1970s and 80s as a bodybuilding pro, Schwarzenegger reached the top of the sport with exceptional proportions, crazy bicep peaks, and one of the best chests of all time. While navigating his career, Schwarzenegger shared the stage with IFBB Pro League icons such as Frank Zane, Franco Columbo, and Sergio Oliva en route to winning seven Mr. Olympia titles.
As a movie star and former governor of California, Schwarzenegger is a pioneer of the sport and has played a major role in making bodybuilding more mainstream. In addition to starring in the 1977 docudrama Pumping Iron, the 75-year-old runs the annual Arnold Sports Festival, which he co-created with the late Jim Lorimer in 1989.

In a change of pace, Schwarzenegger decided to promote his Netflix series FUBAR with comedians Bert Kreischer, and Fortune Feimster. He put them through a four-exercise routine that worked the delts and chest, which you can find below.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bert Kreischer, and Feimster Push Through Workout Demonstration

Schwarzenegger led the training session and started with machine lat pulldowns.

“Simple pull-down machine, all the way down until you hit the bottom, and then all the way up, and down, and up, and down,” said Arnold Schwarzenegger. “Bert is next, nice and easy nice and easy, stand up grab the top part [and then sit down]. All the way down, go all the way down. Don’t stretch the biceps, we’re training the wings [delts].”

During Fortune’s sets, Schwarzenegger instructed her to go deeper into the contraction.

“No pain, no gain,” said the icon. “I’m just [training] maintaining, but I don’t train heavy anymore too many heart surgeries.”
“Oh, well those are coming for me,” said Bert Kreischer.

Bert asks Schwarzenegger to count her set in German.
“This makes me sound like I’m in trouble,” shared Fortune Feimster.
Schwarzenegger moved to machine incline presses. Then, he revealed his max deadlift was 710 pounds.

“For the chest, all the way down and then all the way up,” Schwarzenegger suggested. “A pump up routine: how to get delts and chest. The key thing is to do it the right way, when you go down in squat position, then you use your thighs and back at the same time [for a deadlift]. 710 [pounds was my max deadlift.”

For his next demonstration, Schwarzenegger offered guidance while performing machine-seated rows.

“This is a stretch exercise, you stretch and you flex.”
Schwarzenegger revealed that he commonly used hotel fitness centers for staying in shape during acting projects. According to Arnold, his best movie physique was displayed during Conan, The Barbarian 2.
“Be careful with the shoulders and just push forward and push them together as much as you can,” said Arnold. “Yes, I’ve had surgeries, shoulders, hips, knees, yeah, the whole body.”
When asked about the quality of his sleep and alcohol consumption, Schwarzenegger had the following to say:

“Six or seven hours, yeah very well, not always. No [I don’t drink alcohol]. Not much, not very often, maybe a little bit of wine, but that’s maybe once a week. I used to drink more, like 10 shots of Schnapps, but not anymore.”

Finally, Schwarzenegger discussed his recently released Netflix series FUBAR. He then stressed that luck doesn’t exist.
“There’s no such thing as luck, there’s talent, and then talent meets opportunity, that’s luck,” said Schwarzenegger. “For her to jump into a high-action series with big players, it’s an opportunity. Why is there an opportunity? Because the talent is there and everybody thought it was to be funny, the intense scenes, stabbing, throwing, cutting the throat and all that stuff, but there’s comedic stuff too there that makes people laugh.”
Whether it’s detail-oriented training sessions or advice on living a healthier life, Schwarzenegger is dedicated to longevity. In a previous newsletter, the Austrian native shared how caffeine can serve as a ‘champion performance-enhancer,’ if used as a pre-workout option.
Schwarzenegger offered the comedians advice on proper form and follow-through despite their lack of experience. Even with his busy schedule, Schwarzenegger is determined to spread the knowledge he’s acquired over the years.
RELATED: Arnold Schwarzenegger Recommends ‘Wave Training’ To Get Out Of A Rut
Watch the full YouTube video below:

Published: 16 May, 2023 | 11:27 AM EDT

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-TRAINS-Bert-Fortune-Feimster.jpg
Bodybuilding legend Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s love for the pump was on full display in a special workout collaboration. In a recent YouTube video, Schwarzenegger joined comedians Bert Kreischer and Fortune Feimster for an upper body training session.

Competing in the 1970s and 80s as a bodybuilding pro, Schwarzenegger reached the top of the sport with exceptional proportions, crazy bicep peaks, and one of the best chests of all time. While navigating his career, Schwarzenegger shared the stage with IFBB Pro League icons such as Frank Zane, Franco Columbo, and Sergio Oliva en route to winning seven Mr. Olympia titles.

As a movie star and former governor of California, Schwarzenegger is a pioneer of the sport and has played a major role in making bodybuilding more mainstream. In addition to starring in the 1977 docudrama Pumping Iron, the 75-year-old runs the annual Arnold Sports Festival, which he co-created with the late Jim Lorimer in 1989.

In a change of pace, Schwarzenegger decided to promote his Netflix series FUBAR with comedians Bert Kreischer, and Fortune Feimster. He put them through a four-exercise routine that worked the delts and chest, which you can find below.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bert Kreischer, and Feimster Push Through Workout Demonstration

Schwarzenegger led the training session and started with machine lat pulldowns.

“Simple pull-down machine, all the way down until you hit the bottom, and then all the way up, and down, and up, and down,” said Arnold Schwarzenegger. “Bert is next, nice and easy nice and easy, stand up grab the top part [and then sit down]. All the way down, go all the way down. Don’t stretch the biceps, we’re training the wings [delts].”

[/quote]
During Fortune’s sets, Schwarzenegger instructed her to go deeper into the contraction.

“No pain, no gain,” said the icon. “I’m just [training] maintaining, but I don’t train heavy anymore too many heart surgeries.”

“Oh, well those are coming for me,” said Bert Kreischer.

[/quote]
Bert asks Schwarzenegger to count her set in German.

“This makes me sound like I’m in trouble,” shared Fortune Feimster.

[/quote]
Schwarzenegger moved to machine incline presses. Then, he revealed his max deadlift was 710 pounds.

“For the chest, all the way down and then all the way up,” Schwarzenegger suggested. “A pump up routine: how to get delts and chest. The key thing is to do it the right way, when you go down in squat position, then you use your thighs and back at the same time [for a deadlift]. 710 [pounds was my max deadlift.”

[/quote]
For his next demonstration, Schwarzenegger offered guidance while performing machine-seated rows.

“This is a stretch exercise, you stretch and you flex.”

[/quote]
Schwarzenegger revealed that he commonly used hotel fitness centers for staying in shape during acting projects. According to Arnold, his best movie physique was displayed during Conan, The Barbarian 2.

“Be careful with the shoulders and just push forward and push them together as much as you can,” said Arnold. “Yes, I’ve had surgeries, shoulders, hips, knees, yeah, the whole body.”

[/quote]
When asked about the quality of his sleep and alcohol consumption, Schwarzenegger had the following to say:

“Six or seven hours, yeah very well, not always. No [I don’t drink alcohol]. Not much, not very often, maybe a little bit of wine, but that’s maybe once a week. I used to drink more, like 10 shots of Schnapps, but not anymore.”

[/quote]
Finally, Schwarzenegger discussed his recently released Netflix series FUBAR. He then stressed that luck doesn’t exist.

“There’s no such thing as luck, there’s talent, and then talent meets opportunity, that’s luck,” said Schwarzenegger. “For her to jump into a high-action series with big players, it’s an opportunity. Why is there an opportunity? Because the talent is there and everybody thought it was to be funny, the intense scenes, stabbing, throwing, cutting the throat and all that stuff, but there’s comedic stuff too there that makes people laugh.”

[/quote]
Whether it’s detail-oriented training sessions or advice on living a healthier life, Schwarzenegger is dedicated to longevity. In a previous newsletter, the Austrian native shared how caffeine can serve as a ‘champion performance-enhancer,’ if used as a pre-workout option.

Schwarzenegger offered the comedians advice on proper form and follow-through despite their lack of experience. Even with his busy schedule, Schwarzenegger is determined to spread the knowledge he’s acquired over the years.

RELATED: Arnold Schwarzenegger Recommends ‘Wave Training’ To Get Out Of A Rut

Watch the full YouTube video below:

Published: 16 May, 2023 | 11:27 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back