Calum Von Moger Reacts to Brother’s Death: ‘Every Second of the Day, My Mind Is Elsewhere’ 

Muscle Insider

Calum Von Moger has issued his first statement since the tragic death of his brother Edward Von Moger. In a YouTube video dedicated to Edward, Von Moger attended the 2023 Arnold Classic Expo with a heavy heart and reflected on losing his sibling.
To say it’s been a tough few years for the Von Moger family would be an understatement. Calum, who once portrayed a young Arnold Schwarzenegger in the docudrama Bigger, appeared to be headed for greatness in bodybuilding, but a slew of personal issues prevented his career from blossoming.
The 32-year-old faced legal troubles due to a bizarre road rage incident. He slashed the tires of a man’s car with a knife and police found several weapons in his vehicle like brass knuckles, a tomahawk, and a hunting knife. While Calum pleaded guilty, his hardships were far from over.

Last May, a troubled Von Moger jumped out of a two-story window. His motive for the incident was unclear, but Von Moger was in a coma for six days before waking up. He’s since gone to rehab and taken measures to get his life back on track.
However, last month, Calum’s brother, Edward Von Moger, mysteriously went missing. After an exhaustive search effort, a body was found off the coast of Australia and was presumed to be Edward. Having endured a massive loss, Von Moger took to his YouTube channel for a cathartic experience.
Emotional Calum Von Moger Issues First Statement Since Eddie Von Moger Death
According to Von Moger, he discovered his brother was missing the day he flew out to Columbus, Ohio for the 2023 Arnold Classic Expo.
“I was excited to meet you all at the [2023] Arnold but during that same time, I was going through the toughest moment in my life. On the day I flew out to Ohio, I found out my brother was missing…”
While attending the Expo, Von Moger ran into fitness influencer Jesse James West, who dressed up as The Terminator from Schwarzeneggger’s famous franchise. Calum apologized to fans for being overwhelmed with emotion at the gathering.
“Every second of the day, my mind was elsewhere thinking about Eddie. I know I was physically there but mentally not present. I want to apologize to those who approached me and sadly I had to turn away because I was too emotional. Thank you everyone for the love and support during this time. This video is dedicated to my brother Edward Von Moger,” Von Moger shared.

Considering all that Calum has been through over the past few years, the bodybuilding community was happy to see him turning his life around. Lee Priest, a fellow Australian athlete, extended his support and stressed that anyone could find themselves in the type of trouble Von Moger faced.
RELATED: Calum Von Moger: ‘I’m Doing Better, Got All The Help I Needed and Ready to Return in 2023’
Determined to lead a more healthy and productive life, Von Moger redirected his focus to the gym. The last time fans heard from Calum, he shared a high-volume leg day training session. During the workout, Von Moger revealed that his plan was to downsize his physique in the months to come.
Despite his grief, Calum decided to honor his brother’s memory by attending the 2023 Arnold Classic Expo. Fitness Volt extends our best wishes and support to the Von Moger family in 2024.
You can watch the full video below, courtesy of Calum Von Moger’s YouTube channel:

Published: 15 April, 2023 | 9:01 AM EDT

Calum-Von-Moger-Reacts-Brother-Death.jpg
Calum Von Moger has issued his first statement since the tragic death of his brother Edward Von Moger. In a YouTube video dedicated to Edward, Von Moger attended the 2023 Arnold Classic Expo with a heavy heart and reflected on losing his sibling.

To say it’s been a tough few years for the Von Moger family would be an understatement. Calum, who once portrayed a young Arnold Schwarzenegger in the docudrama Bigger, appeared to be headed for greatness in bodybuilding, but a slew of personal issues prevented his career from blossoming.

The 32-year-old faced legal troubles due to a bizarre road rage incident. He slashed the tires of a man’s car with a knife and police found several weapons in his vehicle like brass knuckles, a tomahawk, and a hunting knife. While Calum pleaded guilty, his hardships were far from over.

Last May, a troubled Von Moger jumped out of a two-story window. His motive for the incident was unclear, but Von Moger was in a coma for six days before waking up. He’s since gone to rehab and taken measures to get his life back on track.

However, last month, Calum’s brother, Edward Von Moger, mysteriously went missing. After an exhaustive search effort, a body was found off the coast of Australia and was presumed to be Edward. Having endured a massive loss, Von Moger took to his YouTube channel for a cathartic experience.

Emotional Calum Von Moger Issues First Statement Since Eddie Von Moger Death
According to Von Moger, he discovered his brother was missing the day he flew out to Columbus, Ohio for the 2023 Arnold Classic Expo.

“I was excited to meet you all at the [2023] Arnold but during that same time, I was going through the toughest moment in my life. On the day I flew out to Ohio, I found out my brother was missing…”

[/quote]
While attending the Expo, Von Moger ran into fitness influencer Jesse James West, who dressed up as The Terminator from Schwarzeneggger’s famous franchise. Calum apologized to fans for being overwhelmed with emotion at the gathering.

“Every second of the day, my mind was elsewhere thinking about Eddie. I know I was physically there but mentally not present. I want to apologize to those who approached me and sadly I had to turn away because I was too emotional. Thank you everyone for the love and support during this time. This video is dedicated to my brother Edward Von Moger,” Von Moger shared.

[/quote]

Considering all that Calum has been through over the past few years, the bodybuilding community was happy to see him turning his life around. Lee Priest, a fellow Australian athlete, extended his support and stressed that anyone could find themselves in the type of trouble Von Moger faced.

RELATED: Calum Von Moger: ‘I’m Doing Better, Got All The Help I Needed and Ready to Return in 2023’

Determined to lead a more healthy and productive life, Von Moger redirected his focus to the gym. The last time fans heard from Calum, he shared a high-volume leg day training session. During the workout, Von Moger revealed that his plan was to downsize his physique in the months to come.

Despite his grief, Calum decided to honor his brother’s memory by attending the 2023 Arnold Classic Expo. Fitness Volt extends our best wishes and support to the Von Moger family in 2024.

You can watch the full video below, courtesy of Calum Von Moger’s YouTube channel:

Published: 15 April, 2023 | 9:01 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back