CT Fletcher Shares Side Effects From Anti-Rejection Medication Following Heart Surgery

Muscle Insider

CT Fletcher recently opened up about some reactions he had from medication following a 2018 heart-transplant surgery.
CT Fletcher quickly turned into a huge name in powerlifting using social media over the last decade. He built a huge following, especially on his YouTube page, where he would share workouts and inspiration to others. During his career, Fletcher has dealt with heart issues that caused him to have multiple surgeries. He recently shared the side effects he had from is anti-rejection medication after surgery in 2018.
In 2001, Fletcher suffered heart damage that eventually led to surgery in 2005. This was the first of two open-heart surgeries for the powerlifter. The second came in 2018 after a major heart attack the previous year. Despite the surgery being over three years ago, Fletcher is still dealing with some complications of his anti-rejection medication.

CT Fletcher posted a video on Instagram on Sunday of his swollen foot. He revealed that this is a common side effect of the medication that is being used to preserve his new heart.
“SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE FEET ?
I’M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE,
EVEN WHEN MY FEET AREN’T SWOLLEN, I DON’T LIIKE LOOKING AT THEM
BUT A YOUNG MAN ASKED IF I UNDERSTOOD HOW EDEMA OR SWELLING CAN HAMPER HIS WORKOUT,
I SAID YES SON, I UNDERSTAND VERY WELL.”

Despite the side effects, Fletcher has continued to inspire others, in and out of the gym. He has continued to show a great passion for the fitness industry and has claimed that he cannot stay away from the gym. In 2019, Fletcher was able to do 25 push-ups, just one year after heart surgery.

Powerlifting is a sport where athletes must rely on others to spot them during a huge lift. CT Fletcher knows a lot about this and it is one of the reasons he vows to help aspiring lifters to this day.
“ITS A COMMON SIDE EFFECT OF ONE OF MY ANTI-REJECTION MEDS,
BUT IT MAKES WEARIN SHOES ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE
MY FEET ARE GROSS, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR POSTING THIS,
BUT ITS FOR THE FOLKS WHO MIGHT BE EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING,
JUST TO LET’EM KNOW, THEY ARE NOT ALONE
AND….ITS STILL THEIR MUTHA FUCKIN SET!”
This is just one instance where CT Fletcher continues to inspire and share his knowledge with others. He is lucky to have been able to get a new heart but the medication has not agreed with him. This will not stop Fletcher from getting in the gym and continuing his passion and love for fitness.
For more news and updates, follow Generation Iron on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

unnamed-35.jpg
CT Fletcher recently opened up about some reactions he had from medication following a 2018 heart-transplant surgery.
CT Fletcher quickly turned into a huge name in powerlifting using social media over the last decade. He built a huge following, especially on his YouTube page, where he would share workouts and inspiration to others. During his career, Fletcher has dealt with heart issues that caused him to have multiple surgeries. He recently shared the side effects he had from is anti-rejection medication after surgery in 2018.

In 2001, Fletcher suffered heart damage that eventually led to surgery in 2005. This was the first of two open-heart surgeries for the powerlifter. The second came in 2018 after a major heart attack the previous year. Despite the surgery being over three years ago, Fletcher is still dealing with some complications of his anti-rejection medication.

CT Fletcher posted a video on Instagram on Sunday of his swollen foot. He revealed that this is a common side effect of the medication that is being used to preserve his new heart.

“SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE FEET ?

I’M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE,

EVEN WHEN MY FEET AREN’T SWOLLEN, I DON’T LIIKE LOOKING AT THEM

BUT A YOUNG MAN ASKED IF I UNDERSTOOD HOW EDEMA OR SWELLING CAN HAMPER HIS WORKOUT,

I SAID YES SON, I UNDERSTAND VERY WELL.”

[/quote]

[/quote]
Despite the side effects, Fletcher has continued to inspire others, in and out of the gym. He has continued to show a great passion for the fitness industry and has claimed that he cannot stay away from the gym. In 2019, Fletcher was able to do 25 push-ups, just one year after heart surgery.

Powerlifting is a sport where athletes must rely on others to spot them during a huge lift. CT Fletcher knows a lot about this and it is one of the reasons he vows to help aspiring lifters to this day.

“ITS A COMMON SIDE EFFECT OF ONE OF MY ANTI-REJECTION MEDS,

BUT IT MAKES WEARIN SHOES ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

MY FEET ARE GROSS, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR POSTING THIS,

BUT ITS FOR THE FOLKS WHO MIGHT BE EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING,

JUST TO LET’EM KNOW, THEY ARE NOT ALONE

AND….ITS STILL THEIR MUTHA FUCKIN SET!”

[/quote]
This is just one instance where CT Fletcher continues to inspire and share his knowledge with others. He is lucky to have been able to get a new heart but the medication has not agreed with him. This will not stop Fletcher from getting in the gym and continuing his passion and love for fitness.

For more news and updates, follow Generation Iron on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Click here to view the article.

Back