I'm sold with the Duramax. 1000ft lbs of torque sounds like a lot of fun and great for towing as well. Hoping to be able to find one with a few mods already installed. Less money i have to fork out for exhaust ect...

Your PM's are full. I was going to send you some info on one of the Duramax forums Im on. They have a For Sale section for stock and modified vehicles

Right now I'm still using an Edge Race CS. I got it used when I first got the truck for like $350 and it does full deletes.. The level 7 tune is 165hp and 325tq. I know EFI Live is better, but this thing really moves. It will be about $1300 to get EFI Live and an Edge CTS for gauges so I'm going to wait until after the trans is built. For Silk's truck EFI is the only option so when we do her tune and exhaust I will just have to add $300 to have tunes for my truck loaded onto it. So it will still be $700, but I can recoup $400 when I sell this tuner. I also probably won't do gauges for Silk's truck as it won't be near as extreme as mine
Wow how's that for a long winded reply to a 1 line question?? As you can see I'm really into these trucks

I'm planning on going with a H&S Pro Racer XRT-it's detachable

then I'm going with a dummy pipe for my exhaust so it looks like I have all the DPF shit there, then going to bypass my EGR

the reason I'm doing this is because in states like California they are training the highway patrol to look for deletes, that's a federal offense with a $2500 fine

never heard of anyone getting busted but better safe than sorry

Is that one of the ones that mounts in the cab and acts as gauges? I'm not sure.if it's the same for you, but for the Duramax the H&S is big money! I hear ya on the emissions stuff. That's part of why I didn't delete the EGR totally. Just blocked it. You'll love it tuned. Have you posted a pic of it yet?? We should get some more pics up for the Diesel lovers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

New picture. I'm going to replace the stock grille with a black mesh one

Is that one of the ones that mounts in the cab and acts as gauges? I'm not sure.if it's the same for you, but for the Duramax the H&S is big money! I hear ya on the emissions stuff. That's part of why I didn't delete the EGR totally. Just blocked it. You'll love it tuned. Have you posted a pic of it yet?? We should get some more pics up for the Diesel lovers

your thinking of the H&S Mini Maxx-same as the pro racer only it stay attached and you see real time what is happening

H&S was one of the first to make tuners so a lot of it is your paying for the name, the thing about H&S is they have a built in governor vs the EFI rumor I heard was if you get an EFI and don't know what your doing you can burn something out like the injectors or engine

your thinking of the H&S Mini Maxx-same as the pro racer only it stay attached and you see real time what is happening

H&S was one of the first to make tuners so a lot of it is your paying for the name, the thing about H&S is they have a built in governor vs the EFI rumor I heard was if you get an EFI and don't know what your doing you can burn something out like the injectors or engine

I'm not advocating getting EFI and doing it yourself. I'm saying get an AutoCal and have one of the well known tuners do your tunes. You upload them and then drive your truck around while it's scanning. Then you email the scan to them and they send you an updated tune based on your scans. No canned tuner can match the power and part throttle drivability that an EFI tuner can. My truck is a sick machine on Level 7, but I know EFI would be way better so eventually I'll get there, but I'll have to buy and an Edge Insight to use as gauges as my Edge CS also does gauges and clear trouble codes etc...

yeah H&S is the same you punch in all your info-then you plug it into you computer and go to their website and it will custom tune to your truck

it's the same thing as the Mini Max only without the onboard diagnostic

Back