Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Gifts a New House to UFC Fighter After Relating to His Story

Muscle Insider

In a world where fame and fortune are often the criteria to measure growth and success, there are people who use their status to help bring a positive image to society. Fitness enthusiast and Hollywood star Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson recently exhibited the same by gifting a new house to UFC fighter Thema Gorimbo and his family. The gesture goes far beyond the glitz and glamor of celebrities, with Johnson proving to be a beacon of hope for Gorimbo who used to sleep on a couch in his gym.
The story behind Gorimbo’s philanthropy
Gorimbo’s village faced a water shortage, leaving him torn between helping his community and limited finances. He chose to auction his training kit, using the funds to enhance his village’s access to vital resources. Sharing his heartfelt story, Gorimbo revealed that before his triumphant victory against Takashi Sato at UFC Vegas 73, he had only seven dollars left in his bank account. Remarkably, instead of splurging on himself, he chose to use his substantial paycheck to build a borehole in his village, where access to water was a pressing challenge for his community.

This is f’n crazy to see and brings back many emotions and memories. $7.49 in this fighter’s bank account. I once had $7 bucks too. I’ve been there on that grind. Got your back, brother. I’ll help. You got this. I’ll be in touch @TheAnswerMMA #hardestworkersintheroom https://t.co/C2gn1j7OQF
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) June 10, 2023

Moved by his story, ‘The Rock’ contacted Thema via Twitter and ensured that the UFC fighter can rely on him for help. Later, a surprise meeting between Johnson and Gorimbo was arranged by Johnson’s team in Miami.
“When I found out you had $7 in your bank account, I know what that’s like. I was here in Miami when I had $7…Because you could have taken that money and put it down on a car, on an apartment, but you didn’t. You took care of your people, and that just says exactly who you are…I got your back,” Dwayne Johnson said to Thema during their first meeting ever.

The duo took a drive later to a property based in Miami, where Johnson handed over the keys to Thema and provided him a break from sleeping on his gym couch.
“I wanted to look you in the eye and I wanted to tell you welcome home,” Johnson said as he gifted Gorimbo a new place to stay with his family.
The tale of Johnson and Gorimbo highlights the significance of using one’s privilege to make a positive impact on others’ lives. They inspire a shift toward a more empathetic and caring society. Adding to this, Thema shared his plans to use his upcoming fight earnings to contribute towards the construction of another well in his village.
RELATED- Dwayne Johnson was Told to Slim Down When He Transitioned to Hollywood
“Because you got me this house, I was supposed to get a house to come here,” Gorimbo explained. “The money that I was going to use for the house, I’m going to build another borehole in my village now when I land in Africa.”
As Gorimbo continues his fight to become a UFC champion one day, his story stands as a testament to triumph over adversity.
Published: 4 August, 2023 | 5:05 PM EDT

The-Rock-Gifts-House-to-UFC-Fighter.jpg
In a world where fame and fortune are often the criteria to measure growth and success, there are people who use their status to help bring a positive image to society. Fitness enthusiast and Hollywood star Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson recently exhibited the same by gifting a new house to UFC fighter Thema Gorimbo and his family. The gesture goes far beyond the glitz and glamor of celebrities, with Johnson proving to be a beacon of hope for Gorimbo who used to sleep on a couch in his gym.

The story behind Gorimbo’s philanthropy
Gorimbo’s village faced a water shortage, leaving him torn between helping his community and limited finances. He chose to auction his training kit, using the funds to enhance his village’s access to vital resources.

Sharing his heartfelt story, Gorimbo revealed that before his triumphant victory against Takashi Sato at UFC Vegas 73, he had only seven dollars left in his bank account. Remarkably, instead of splurging on himself, he chose to use his substantial paycheck to build a borehole in his village, where access to water was a pressing challenge for his community.

This is f’n crazy to see and brings back many emotions and memories.

$7.49 in this fighter’s bank account.

I once had $7 bucks too. I’ve been there on that grind.

Got your back, brother. I’ll help.

You got this. I’ll be in touch @TheAnswerMMA #hardestworkersintheroom https://t.co/C2gn1j7OQF

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) June 10, 2023

[/quote]

Moved by his story, ‘The Rock’ contacted Thema via Twitter and ensured that the UFC fighter can rely on him for help. Later, a surprise meeting between Johnson and Gorimbo was arranged by Johnson’s team in Miami.

“When I found out you had $7 in your bank account, I know what that’s like. I was here in Miami when I had $7…Because you could have taken that money and put it down on a car, on an apartment, but you didn’t. You took care of your people, and that just says exactly who you are…I got your back,” Dwayne Johnson said to Thema during their first meeting ever.

[/quote]

The duo took a drive later to a property based in Miami, where Johnson handed over the keys to Thema and provided him a break from sleeping on his gym couch.

“I wanted to look you in the eye and I wanted to tell you welcome home,” Johnson said as he gifted Gorimbo a new place to stay with his family.

[/quote]
The tale of Johnson and Gorimbo highlights the significance of using one’s privilege to make a positive impact on others’ lives. They inspire a shift toward a more empathetic and caring society. Adding to this, Thema shared his plans to use his upcoming fight earnings to contribute towards the construction of another well in his village.

RELATED- Dwayne Johnson was Told to Slim Down When He Transitioned to Hollywood

“Because you got me this house, I was supposed to get a house to come here,” Gorimbo explained. “The money that I was going to use for the house, I’m going to build another borehole in my village now when I land in Africa.”

[/quote]
As Gorimbo continues his fight to become a UFC champion one day, his story stands as a testament to triumph over adversity.

Published: 4 August, 2023 | 5:05 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back