How to Not Die | Tiger Talk

Muscle Insider

How to Not Die
By Marc Lobliner
CMO Tigerfitness.com

When is the last time you got your blood work done?

For many young bodybuilders or even recreational lifters, the answer is usually “not lately.”

While they only recommend blood work being run every one to five years for healthy, young individuals, I think that’s not sufficient for anyone. Testing is a snapshot in time and blood work is dynamic in that it can change based on a lot of variables like training intensity and hydration. For most of us lifters, if everything comes back “normal” in our prior test and you have no underlying issues, annually should suffice.

What Are the Tests We Should Look For?

The liver is very resilient, and while we should pay attention to liver values, that isn’t the most important thing (my opinion; ask a doctor). Think about it, alcohol is just as if not worse for your liver and people drink every day and their livers survive just fine. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t pay very close attention to our AST and ALT levels because if elevated, this CAN lead to short- and long-term health problems. My labs for liver values are indicative of how a healthy test should look. We aren’t normal AT ALL, but we should aim for normal range!

The main issues bodybuilders face come from heart and kidney problems. I have written multiple articles for MD about bodybuilders dying and it’s usually from heart issues. Then you look at what took Bostin Loyd, what took Flex Wheeler’s leg and what is an underlying issue for heart problems … kidneys are VERY important to monitor.

The carnivore diet, folks, will have you believe that LDL and other measures of cholesterol don’t matter since they have such high LDL numbers. While I am not going to argue this, many references show that there is a link between LDL and heart issues. “If you have a high LDL level, this means that you have too much LDL cholesterol in your blood. This extra LDL, along with other substances, forms plaque. The plaque builds up in your arteries; this is a condition called atherosclerosis.”1

My opinion is, if it doesn’t matter, who cares? Why not aim for “normal” levels? And if on steroids, things start to really matter. Steroids can throw your lipid profiles through a loop, and that can be an indicator of potential long-term heart issues. It’s amazing how blood work matters to these so-called experts until they post their horrific blood work then they cherry-pick studies to explain their bad health markers. Then they sell you books … LOL. I digress.

What about my lipid readings? My LDL is on the high side but still “normal.” This is probably due to my HRT but since it’s still normal, we are all right!

For lipid readings, pay attention to your HDL and LDL. These might or might not be an indicator of potential heart issues depending on who you listen to, but why NOT aim for normal?

Insulin and Glucose

High insulin will literally kill you. “Because of the largely unrestricted insulin signaling, hyperinsulinemia increases the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease and decreases health span and life expectancy. In epidemiological studies, high-dose insulin therapy is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.”2

Thus, for insulin, up to a point, lower is better.

For glucose readings, staying within normal is the goal. Anything outside of the normal range could indicate diabetes or pre-diabetes and your doctor might want to prescribe something like metformin to control it.

Hormone Stuff

This is beyond the scope of this article and I will leave this up to your prescribing TRT doctor or, well, let’s be honest that most of y’all are on beyond prescription … that’s going to be crazy out of range. But for those of y’all who are natural or on just TRT, staying as close to within normal range on your testosterone, estrogen and other measurements will be optimal although some things will vary, like SHBG. That is something your doctor will address.

How to Keep This All in Range

Normal lifestyle choices we discuss frequently in my articles:

1. Eat a variety of healthy, whole foods including meats, fruits, vegetables, grains and healthy fats.

2. Exercise regularly: resistance train at least two to three times a week and perform cardio daily. Stay active!

3. HYDRATE! Make sure you have adequate fluid and electrolyte intake.

And there is one supplement I will mention here because I truly believe it will help everyone.

I do a lot of things for health, but I NEVER had normal liver values before we came out with Nektar under Ambrosia. I credit it for most of these numbers – it’s simply the best organ and overall health formula ever created. This isn’t an ad – I implore you that if you take only one supplement, take Nektar. It is available at Tigerfitness.com and it is perfect for everyone – my entire family takes it!

I hope this article helps you. If you need anything further, find me on Instagram and all social media platforms at @marclobliner and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel at youtube.com/tigerfitness

https://www.tigerfitness.com/
Instagram @tigerfitness
Instagram @marclobliner
Twitter @MarcLobliner
YouTube: Tiger Fitness

References:

1. https://medlineplus.gov/ldlthebadcholesterol.html
2. https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12916-020-01688-6#:

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMSSUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAYGET OFFICIAL MD STUFFVISIT OUR STORE

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAM YOUTUBE

x454117139-tiger-talk-with-marc-lobliner-slider.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.wBl9-lZzIB.jpg

How to Not Die

By Marc Lobliner

CMO Tigerfitness.com

When is the last time you got your blood work done?

For many young bodybuilders or even recreational lifters, the answer is usually “not lately.”

While they only recommend blood work being run every one to five years for healthy, young individuals, I think that’s not sufficient for anyone. Testing is a snapshot in time and blood work is dynamic in that it can change based on a lot of variables like training intensity and hydration. For most of us lifters, if everything comes back “normal” in our prior test and you have no underlying issues, annually should suffice.

What Are the Tests We Should Look For?

The liver is very resilient, and while we should pay attention to liver values, that isn’t the most important thing (my opinion; ask a doctor). Think about it, alcohol is just as if not worse for your liver and people drink every day and their livers survive just fine. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t pay very close attention to our AST and ALT levels because if elevated, this CAN lead to short- and long-term health problems. My labs for liver values are indicative of how a healthy test should look. We aren’t normal AT ALL, but we should aim for normal range!

The main issues bodybuilders face come from heart and kidney problems. I have written multiple articles for MD about bodybuilders dying and it’s usually from heart issues. Then you look at what took Bostin Loyd, what took Flex Wheeler’s leg and what is an underlying issue for heart problems … kidneys are VERY important to monitor.

The carnivore diet, folks, will have you believe that LDL and other measures of cholesterol don’t matter since they have such high LDL numbers. While I am not going to argue this, many references show that there is a link between LDL and heart issues. “If you have a high LDL level, this means that you have too much LDL cholesterol in your blood. This extra LDL, along with other substances, forms plaque. The plaque builds up in your arteries; this is a condition called atherosclerosis.”1

My opinion is, if it doesn’t matter, who cares? Why not aim for “normal” levels? And if on steroids, things start to really matter. Steroids can throw your lipid profiles through a loop, and that can be an indicator of potential long-term heart issues. It’s amazing how blood work matters to these so-called experts until they post their horrific blood work then they cherry-pick studies to explain their bad health markers. Then they sell you books … LOL. I digress.

What about my lipid readings? My LDL is on the high side but still “normal.” This is probably due to my HRT but since it’s still normal, we are all right!

For lipid readings, pay attention to your HDL and LDL. These might or might not be an indicator of potential heart issues depending on who you listen to, but why NOT aim for normal?

x454117125-img_4115.JPG.pagespeed.ic_.iT_l8oRMv2.jpg

Insulin and Glucose

High insulin will literally kill you. “Because of the largely unrestricted insulin signaling, hyperinsulinemia increases the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease and decreases health span and life expectancy. In epidemiological studies, high-dose insulin therapy is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.”2

Thus, for insulin, up to a point, lower is better.

For glucose readings, staying within normal is the goal. Anything outside of the normal range could indicate diabetes or pre-diabetes and your doctor might want to prescribe something like metformin to control it.

x454117129-screen-shot-2022-02-10-at-11-00-38-am.png.pagespeed.ic_.OQ7MIot0e_.jpg

Hormone Stuff

This is beyond the scope of this article and I will leave this up to your prescribing TRT doctor or, well, let’s be honest that most of y’all are on beyond prescription … that’s going to be crazy out of range. But for those of y’all who are natural or on just TRT, staying as close to within normal range on your testosterone, estrogen and other measurements will be optimal although some things will vary, like SHBG. That is something your doctor will address.

How to Keep This All in Range

Normal lifestyle choices we discuss frequently in my articles:

1. Eat a variety of healthy, whole foods including meats, fruits, vegetables, grains and healthy fats.

2. Exercise regularly: resistance train at least two to three times a week and perform cardio daily. Stay active!

3. HYDRATE! Make sure you have adequate fluid and electrolyte intake.

And there is one supplement I will mention here because I truly believe it will help everyone.

I do a lot of things for health, but I NEVER had normal liver values before we came out with Nektar under Ambrosia. I credit it for most of these numbers – it’s simply the best organ and overall health formula ever created. This isn’t an ad – I implore you that if you take only one supplement, take Nektar. It is available at Tigerfitness.com and it is perfect for everyone – my entire family takes it!

I hope this article helps you. If you need anything further, find me on Instagram and all social media platforms at @marclobliner and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel at youtube.com/tigerfitness

https://www.tigerfitness.com/

Instagram @tigerfitness

Instagram @marclobliner

Twitter @MarcLobliner

YouTube: Tiger Fitness

References:

1. https://medlineplus.gov/ldlthebadcholesterol.html

2. https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12916-020-01688-6#:

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMS

SUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY

GET OFFICIAL MD STUFF

VISIT OUR STORE