New Member Intro/PROGRESS pictures

DsgrntldBarbell

I stumbled across MC doing some research into some things this forum has a lot of information about. Read some of the feedback and exchange between members and decided it was the right place for me.

Stats:
30 years old.
6'3"
270 lbs.

Former union iron worker.
Internet blogger

A little back story. I have been weight training in some capacity or another for the past decade but oddly enough only started to take it seriously within the past 5 years. I can't explain what it was but something sort of just clicked inside my head.
Unfortunately life took some rather shitty turns for me and that is putting it very mildly. I lost my job and was homeless and living on the streets back in 2013 and I can tell you from experience that living on the streets is a guarantee for no gains. LOL. Long story shockingly short I dealt with some issues that had been holding me back for over 15-20 years and which were largely responsible for the downward spiral I took. Got tired of living that way and falling further down the rabbit hole. I stopped doing the one thing i loved most, weight training, in the process largely because i wasn't in the proper state of mind to do it and secondly because i didn't even have a home so at the time the gym was very low on my list of priorities as you might imagine.
When I was finally back in a stable environment and living in an actual house and not in the street, with a steady job, at that particular time i was much more concerned with keeping the momentum going. Consequently I didn't devote the time i needed to at the gym. I started eating everything in sight. It was a knee jerk reaction of sorts. A response to not having anything for so long and when i could finally afford it i went hog wild and ate everything i could get my hands on.
One day I looked in the mirror and decided that i was looking pretty shitty. It was then that i decided to change that and get back to my one true love: the gym.
The following is an incomplete sequence of progress pictures because i failed to take a progress photo for September. Ill just take one later this month on the 15th of October.

Goal: Regain all of the size that i had lost and then some and then once I am comfortable with that size, focus on cutting.

The progress thus far is attributable to eating 6 meals a day. Chicken breast, 1 cup of brown rice, steamed vegetables; 6x. I eat that everyday, without exception. I am continuing to grow and cut body fat which is good. I haven't started checking body fat %. I mostly rely on how i look in the mirror.

Compounds:
500mg/wk Test E.

June 15th.
attachment.php

July 15.
attachment.php

August 15
attachment.php

**Its worth mentioning here that I have cycled many times in the past but I was completely off for that shit hole period in my life starting back in 2013. I didn't get back ON until June of this year. What I have discovered is that there seems to be a lot of muscle memory there and the fact that i have been off for so long, my body seems to be soaking up the gear nicely. Anyways, 500mg/wk of Test E is very moderate for me. I have other gear to throw in but i busted wanted to try a T only cycle, coupled with diet and exercise just to do it.

Attachments

• R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 42
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 41
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 41
welcome to MC! Great story bro, and good to hear your doing well again and training. The gym has saved my life a couple times over the past 20 years! Its always good to have a constructive outlet like bodybuilding, especially if drugs and addiction were at play, not saying that was your case, but for those who it is, what better way to make a come back from destroying your body than to then start treating as the the temple it was meant to be!

Anyhow, good to have ya with us daddio

welcome to MC! Great story bro, and good to hear your doing well again and training. The gym has saved my life a couple times over the past 20 years! Its always good to have a constructive outlet like bodybuilding, especially if drugs and addiction were at play, not saying that was your case, but for those who it is, what better way to make a come back from destroying your body than to then start treating as the the temple it was meant to be

Mine was alcoholism. Started out innocently enough but over time it took on a life of its own. Fortunately I no longer drink. However, in the process of quitting I took up chewing tobacco. LOL. Now I am trying to quit that but it feels a hundred times harder than ditching alcohol ever was.

Welcome to MuscleChemistry.com a lot of your story rings true here. It's good to have you. You can really see your progress, congratulations. Keep coming back

Welcome to MuscleChemistry.com a lot of your story rings true here. It's good to have you. You can really see your progress, congratulations. Keep coming back

yeah man. I think there's plenty of people out there who battle the same shit and if not the same then something equally as bad. I just needed to do something constructive with my time and the gym had always been that. Unfortunately I lost sight of it when stuff got real bad.

**also, I accidentally disliked your comment at first! My bad. Damn sausage fingers on a small phone. lol

Back