Deckster72

Hey yall, I just wanted to hey to all of you also, I'm new and ready to get some solid info and start kicking some butt. Right now I'm 5'10 221lbs and have never used anything but good old food. Someone want to start me out in the right direction, I would love to hear it, D

Welcome! How old are you? I wouldn't want to offer any info of you are to young.there is a ton of helpful posts here..read up , absorb all the knowledge and ask questions.

I'm 42, been lifting since grade school. I had a few injuries that took me out for almost two years. I just want to get back at it.

At your age it probably wouldn't hurt to get your natural testosterone leveled checked to see where your at.you should also try to get your body fat % in the low 20s to teens. To reap the benifits of doing a cycle.

I agree with vicious, if you can get those levels checked keep an eye on BP and start with the diet. lost of guys hop on a cycle and their diet is shit, and the 80% of your success right there.
What are your goals and what did you have in mind, assuming you have researched it of course.

I agree with vicious, if you can get those levels checked keep an eye on BP and start with the diet. lost of guys hop on a cycle and their diet is shit, and the 80% of your success right there.
What are your goals and what did you have in mind, assuming you have researched it of course.

Diet is extremely important and relevant, both on cycle and off....most people don't really have a deep understanding as to how deep diet can really go...and how much it can influence your training on every level, both mind and body..

For example,

instead of just thinking

PROTEIN:CARB;SATFAT;UNSATFATS:CHOLESTEROL:FIBER

let's also take into consideration nitric oxide, dopamine and other factors that increase our muscular output.
By diet.

Mangosteen juice, adding garlic to foods, asparagus, seafood, getting enough EFAs,CLA, omega 3's etc...
You do realize, one of the most important fats for losing fat and gaining muscle; CLA, is found in only organic whole milk but is also found in beef, and so is creatine...

If you really play your cards right, you can enhance and adjust your supplement regimen by dietary changes alone!

Hey thanks for the quick response, I feel at home here. As of now I'm about 12% body fat. I always eat pretty clean, I did some bodybuilding and power lifting in the past. Now I would like to put on some good quality lean mass so I can look and feel better. I don't believe in being to old as I hear all the time, that's for lazy people looking for an excuse. Anyway I've never used anything other then vitamins and protein. Looking through these blogs I'm starting to get excited. I appreciate all the help I can get. By the way any other leather necks out there?

Your nutritional plan is the pathway to successful results. You have to feed the muscle to produce growth. If you eat properly ,you will build muscle . If your diet suffers, your results will suffer. It's very possible to inject gram after gram of steroids each week with "zero" physical results. It's All about diet, which is why it's considered 80% of your physique..."Abs are made in the kitchen" is a very true saying..
There are no windows of opportunity ! Eat whenever, just get your calories and macro's in.. Try to spread your meals out, but timing has no real relevance. Don't overthink it. Remember, you can be in control of your TDEE. If you want to eat more, simply increase your Cardio level.

Good luck brother, find your path..........AnalogMan

my first post (welcoming hugs please). OP is close to where I am, and I want to say that natural BB'er with 12% BF at 220 lbs is amazing achievement, and I think everybody shoulda just shut up and ask OP how did he get there with food alone. Because he is obviously very knowledgeable about nutrition.

Now, I have a question, relevant to OP's thread so don't bash me for hijacking. OP is 42 years old and thinking about his first cycle. I am 47 and virgin as well. My son is 21 and he is on gear LoL. Anyways. Question here is how first cycle will affect natural test comeback at our advanced age. I am asking for first hand knowledge. Who did it for the first time after 40 and how did it go. Will we old farts experience difficulties throughout PCT, or is there any other considerations.

my first post (welcoming hugs please). OP is close to where I am, and I want to say that natural BB'er with 12% BF at 220 lbs is amazing achievement, and I think everybody shoulda just shut up and ask OP how did he get there with food alone. Because he is obviously very knowledgeable about nutrition.

Now, I have a question, relevant to OP's thread so don't bash me for hijacking. OP is 42 years old and thinking about his first cycle. I am 47 and virgin as well. My son is 21 and he is on gear LoL. Anyways. Question here is how first cycle will affect natural test comeback at our advanced age. I am asking for first hand knowledge. Who did it for the first time after 40 and how did it go. Will we old farts experience difficulties throughout PCT, or is there any other considerations.

Not sure I would have said it quite like that but I do agree with you. If he is 12% bf and 220 pounds and never used AAS, then he knows his shit when it comes to nutrition. So I wont add to the 'diet is key' advice column.

I will say this: Get your levels checked before you start. At 40.. you are already headed downward with regard to natural test levels. That doesn't mean you aren't normal, but decline is happening naturally. So get your starting levels checked. Personally, I never really cared much after 40 about pct and recovery. Kids were not an option as my wife didn't want to have any and neither did I really.

Read up on Anit Estrogens such as Nolvadex and Clomid and Aromatise Inhibitors such as Aromasin and Arimidex. Then there are prolactin products you want to familiarize yourself with as well like Cabergoline and Bromocriptine.

If recovery is what you are interested in after a cycle, you want to read up on HCG and HMG... and just for the sake of keeping your buys in a normal size range.
Once you get all that soaked in, you can begin to think about a cycle.

Most first time cycles begin with a simple run of testosterone, 500mg a week for about 10-12 weeks. There are a couple of options for test with regards to esters and how long they are active in the body. Short esters like Propionate and Acetate require every day (ED) or every other day (EoD) injections where your Enanthate and Cypionate can be dosed weekly or bi-weekly.

That's about as basic and simple as I can make it.

Back