NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical Review

Muscle Insider

Those who build their own personal home gym often want to include cardio equipment, as well as strength equipment, but may have trouble finding the right product to fit in an already crowded area. That’s where the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i comes in handy. Due to its foldable design, and the ability to store it vertically, you’re able to make the most of your available space by stashing it in the corner of your room. That’s not the only reason it could be the next great addition to your fitness oasis though. It also features a 10-inch touchscreen monitor that’s loaded with thousands of iFit workouts, and automatic adjustments to your resistance during trainer-led workouts — but you can always manually adjust the difficulty, as well.
This rear-driven elliptical also offers up to 22 levels of magnetic resistance. It has a stride length of 18 inches, features an 18-pound flywheel, and boasts a handle and wheels to make it relatively easy to move around your space. NordicTrack also includes over 10 different radio stations featuring popular music, and the integration of Google Maps™, which allows you to “travel” to different cities in the world for your workouts. Bluetooth capabilities mean you can connect your headphones to listen to your instructor, and pair your heart rate monitor for an accurate reading of your burned calories. If you’re tight on space and looking for a great low-impact cardio workout, we think the NordicTrack SE7i is a solid option to consider.
Main Takeaways

This elliptical can be folded in half and stored vertically to create more space in your home gym.
Any iFit workout with a trainer will offer automatic adjustments to the resistance, but you can utilize the manual adjustments whenever necessary.
NordicTrack offers a free month of iFit for any first-time buyers. This platform features over 16,000 live and on-demand workout classes, ranging from cardio to strength training.

NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical

This elliptical features a foldable design, and can be stored vertically to make the most out of your available space.

NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical Highlights
Mapping out your available space in your home for furniture can be a daunting task, and that is only intensified with workout equipment. This is partly why we think the SE7i could be a great purchase for small home dwellers. The innovative design means that after your cardio session, you can store it vertically and bust out the dumbbells to get a quick pump in. The 10-inch touchscreen monitor, and the automatic resistance adjustments mean it’s one of the most high-tech pieces of equipment out there, as well. The pair of two-inch speakers under the monitor offer a solid amount of sound for your sweaty sessions, but you can always pair your headphones for quieter workouts. Speaking of being quiet, this elliptical isn’t going to drive your family members, potential roommates, or neighbors mad as its magnetic resistance keeps things relatively quiet.
Even though there aren’t any built-in heart rate sensors, you can always pair an existing heart rate monitor, so you can accurately track the number of calories you’re burning. One of our favorite things about this product is that during your trainer-led classes, you can opt for automatic adjustments to your resistance depending on each specific workout. You can always turn this feature off though, and override it with manual adjustments. One downside that users who stand over six-feet tall may experience is that the stride length is only 18 inches, and may prevent you from stretching out the way you’d like. Others may not be too crazy about the 18-pound flywheel either. We didn’t find the level of resistance to be a problem, but you can certainly find a 20-pound flywheel on other ellipticals if you’re looking for more of a challenge.
Who Should Buy the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical

Anyone who is dealing with space issues but wants a high-quality piece of cardio equipment will be pumped that you can store the SE7i vertically.
Those who don’t want to be complacent with their cardio will likely enjoy the virtual training and automatic resistance adjustments here.
Even though it’s more expensive than other ellipticals, anyone looking for one of the biggest bang-for-your-buck purchases may find the $1,300 price tag here to be a steal.

Who Shouldn’t Buy the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical

Even though the SE7i features a low price tag considering the features, anyone not willing to spend $1,300 will want to look for a cheaper option. Just remember, this is a top-notch product that is going to be of higher quality than many cheaper options.
The ability to vertically store this elliptical will certainly save you space, but it still might be a little too big for some small apartment home dwellers.
Anyone who is over six-feet tall may not be able to stretch out properly for their workouts, and others may find that the 18-pound flywheel doesn’t provide enough of a challenge for them in terms of resistance.

Price
The NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical, at base, will run you around $1,300 on the NordicTrack website. However, your final price tag will be determined by the type of iFit membership plan that you choose, any additional warranty you want to add, and whether or not you want white glove assembly. So let’s say you want to save money long-term by going with the three-year membership plan, you want to add on the three-year maintenance plan, and also are opting for white glove assembly — your price tag will then be about $2,650 (which is the highest possible price tag). If you want all of those things but don’t want to pay it all up front, you also have the option to finance this purchase. NordicTrack does a great job of this in our opinion since they offer you two different financing plans and detail the money you’ll be spending over one year, or 39 months.
Compared across the rest of the market, that $1,300 price tag for this product is fairly average considering it’s less expensive than many competing products, but also more expensive than many basic ellipticals. If you’re looking for a top of the line product, we think the price tag here is justified. However, if you don’t care about the high-tech bells and whistles, you might be better off seeking a budget elliptical.
Overall Build and Quality
While the foldability of the SE7i might make it seem like a small product, it’s actually still pretty big. It’s over 6.5-feet long (the height when stored vertically), right at 5.5-feet tall when unfolded, and just over 2.5-feet wide. It also weighs 215 pounds, but thankfully it has both a handle and wheels that make it easier to maneuver around your space.
Another thing we really like about NordicTrack is that they feature a ten-year warranty on the durable steel framework of their products, so you can rest assured you’ll have this product in your for the foreseeable future. It also has a 325-pound weight limit, which is a fairly high number for cardio equipment.
Features
The 10-inch touchscreen monitor is stocked with trainer-led iFit classes, and will track all of your metrics throughout your workouts — but if you’re looking for a more accurate reading in regards to calories burned, we suggest pairing a heart rate monitor. The two speakers located under the monitor offer ample sound for your class streaming, but don’t forget you can always pair your favorite headphones via Bluetooth, as well. The automatic resistance adjustments are also a great tool in our eyes — though not necessary as you can also make these adjustments manually along with your class.
Stats Tracking and Metrics
During your cardio sessions, you’ll notice a bar located at the top of the screen that displays all of your stats — from distance traveled to number of calories burned. Since the SE7i doesn’t feature any built-in heart rate sensors though, you might want to connect a heart rate monitor for an accurate reading on the number of calories you’ve burned and your heart rate variability.
Display
The 10-inch touchscreen display on the SE7i is where you can browse through all of the iFit workouts. Since it operates on Android 9 OS Technology, there isn’t much down time when loading, but we still recommend being relatively close to your router because of the amount of data loaded onto the monitor. You’ll also notice a camera on the top of the monitor. This camera doesn’t currently serve any purpose, but in the growing world of virtual coaching, we think this might change in the not-too-distant future.
Included workouts
Even though this elliptical does not feature any preloaded workouts, you can always use the manual workout option if you don’t opt to take any of the iFit classes.
Workout App and Subscription Options
iFit is a great tool users can take advantage of on this elliptical. If you aren’t familiar, iFit is a fitness streaming platform that offers over 16,000 live and on-demand classes that range from elliptical classes to cycling, running, strength, and even yoga. All of your completed workouts and stats will be saved to your profile, and you can track your progress directly through the monitor or on the companion app with your phone. You can also stream workout classes from your phone if you’re on the road and still want to exercise. This is especially helpful for any class that don’t require the SE7i, such as strength training or stretching classes.
The Google Maps™ feature you can access with iFit is another reason we love this elliptical. You can select any city you wish, and get a feel for the lay of the land as this feature adjusts the resistance on the elliptical in correspondence with the city streets.
It’s worth remembering that you do have to pay for iFit to gain access to the platform. First time buyers receive a free month of this service with their elliptical purchase, but you will ultimately have to choose from one of the four payment options once that runs out. You can go down the most non-committal route and pay about $40 a month, or you can choose from the three yearly plans. The one-year plan is about $400, the two-year plan will cost you around $700, and the three-year plan is about $900. Even though those yearly plans impact your original price more significantly, they’ll save you money long-term. For example, that three-year plan is going to save you about $500 over the course of those three years compared to the $40 per month option.
Feel and Comfort
During our time with the SE7i, we noticed its magnetic resistance offered one of the smoothest rides we’ve felt on an elliptical. Though the 18-inch stride length was solid for us (and the majority of users), it may be less ideal for those who are over six feet tall. So if you are on the taller side, you might want to search for an elliptical with a longer stride length.
Heart Rate Monitoring
Since there are no built-in heart rate sensors, those who want to track their heart rate variability will definitely want to pair an existing heart rate monitor via Bluetooth.
Fans
Because you’re likely bound to sweat while working out with the SE7i, you’ll find the fan located underneath the monitor can help cool you off properly thanks to its four different speeds.
Speakers
The pair of two-inch speakers located under the monitor offer great projection for your instructor’s voice or any music playing while you’re working out. And if you don’t want to have both audio options (coaching and music) coming through the speakers at once, you can always adjust their volume levels separately.
Water Bottle, Cup Holders, Tablet and Phone Holders
NordicTrack included a water bottle holder on the SE7i, but we found it to be pretty small and unable to accommodate many reusable water bottles, or even shaker bottles for those who are sneaking in a pre-workout before working some cardio.
Bluetooth and Audio Options
This elliptical comes with Bluetooth capabilities, so you can pair your headphones and/or heart rate monitor when using it. The option to pair headphones may be crucial for those who work out late at night or early in the morning, and don’t want to wake anyone up.
HDMI, USB and Other Inputs
You won’t find any sort of inputs or outputs with the SE7i, but with all the included technology and ability to stream iFit classes on the touchscreen (rather than on your own device), you likely won’t be missing a charging port for your phone during your workout session.
Product Specs
The NordicTrack SE7i is one of the most high-tech ellipticals on the market, especially thanks to iFit and the option for automatic adjustments to the resistance during your workouts. But don’t forget you can always adjust everything manually when you see fit. The foldable design here makes it possible to store this elliptical vertically — plus, it makes it easier to utilize the included handle and wheels for portability. You’ll find this machine features a high weight limit, and is honestly pretty quiet during use thanks to the magnetic resistance.
Elliptical Type and Materials
This is a standard rear-driven elliptical that features an 18-pound flywheel. While there really isn’t that much of a difference between front, center, and rear-drive ellipticals, a rear-driven one may have the most natural feel since it can allow you to stretch out the most, while also offering a flatter movement pattern. The framework is primarily made of steel, but does feature some plastic, and the monitor is glass.
Resistance
The NordicTrack SE7i features 22 levels of magnetic resistance. This is arguably the quietest form of resistance available, and on top of the automatic adjustments to the resistance during iFit workouts, you can always adjust it manually, as well.
Pedals and Arms
The pedals and arms on this elliptical are connected and will move in unison, providing a natural feel. The pedals are about 16-inches long and six inches wide, which will accommodate the majority of users. The textured pedals will help prevent your feet from sliding, and you can raise the heels for comfort, which may also make your workout more quad-driven.
Dimensions and Weight
Despite the foldability of the SE7i, it’s still a pretty large piece of equipment. When you have it unfolded, you’ll find it to be about 5.5 feet tall, 6.6 feet long (which is the height when stored vertically, as well), and just under three feet wide. It also weighs a hefty 215 pounds, but thankfully there’s a handle and a set of wheels that can help to move it around.
Weight Capacity
The weight capacity for the NordicTrack SE7i is an impressive 325 pounds.
Foldability and Portability
Even though this elliptical weighs 215 pounds, it’s actually pretty easy to move thanks to the handle and wheels. To fold the machine, just unscrew the knob located under the water bottle holder, lift up on the tab located on the opposite side of the frame, and gently fold it down. After it’s folded, you can guide it around your space using the handle and wheels.
Electrical Requirements
Unlike a lot of the other NordicTrack equipment, the SE7i has a power cord that is built into the unit. When you’re done with your cardio session, we suggest unplugging it to prevent a power surge.
Noise
A piece of cardio equipment like the SE7i is bound to make noise during use. The problem that so many people want to avoid is their machine making too much noise. That’s something you won’t have to worry about here thanks to the magnetic resistance. In all honesty, the audio may actually be louder than the resistance. So you can rest assured that you won’t be that obnoxious neighbor or roommate.
Warranties
The NordicTrack SE7i features a 10-year warranty on the frame, as well as two years on parts, and one year on labor.
Places to Buy
You can purchase the SE7i directly through the NordicTrack website.
Company Information
NordicTrack is one of the leaders in the fitness industry in terms of their cardio equipment, which ranges from exercise bikes to treadmills, rowers, and of course, ellipticals, like the SE7i. If you’re interested in speaking to a customer service team member, you can reach them via phone at 1-888-308-9616.
Final Word
NordicTrack is changing the game with their new line of ellipticals, which includes the SE7i. This elliptical is foldable, which makes it a great addition to small home gym spaces. We also love the inclusion of iFit on the 10-inch touchscreen monitor, which offers tens of thousands of workout classes. Each class you join features automatic adjustments to the resistance settings. But you can always adjust those variables manually, if you prefer.
The 18-inch stride length, and 18-pound flywheel may not be the most ideal for taller folks or advanced athletes (respectively), but we think both were necessary in order for the SE7i to be as portable as it is. If you’re in the market for a great low-impact cardio product, you might want to consider this affordable, high-tech elliptical from NordicTrack — it’s one of our current favorites.
FAQs
Are there any preloaded workouts on the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical?You might be disappointed to find that NordicTrack does not include any preloaded workouts on the SE7i. If you don’t want to pay for iFit though, you can always use the manual workout option to create your own cardio workout. However, we think iFit is what makes this product stand out from the competition, and is worth the extra money.
How much space do I need to work out with the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical?This elliptical is about 6.5 feet long, and features a stride length of 18 inches. The feet don’t stick out too far from the framework either, so as long as you have at least seven square feet of space, we think you’ll be just fine.
Does the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical track your number of calories burned?Since there are no built in heart rate sensors, if you want an accurate reading of your burned calories, you will need to connect your own heart rate monitor. However, the SE7i will give you a generic rough estimate of calories burned based off of each specific workout even without a heart rate monitor.

Those who build their own personal home gym often want to include cardio equipment, as well as strength equipment, but may have trouble finding the right product to fit in an already crowded area. That’s where the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i comes in handy. Due to its foldable design, and the ability to store it vertically, you’re able to make the most of your available space by stashing it in the corner of your room. That’s not the only reason it could be the next great addition to your fitness oasis though. It also features a 10-inch touchscreen monitor that’s loaded with thousands of iFit workouts, and automatic adjustments to your resistance during trainer-led workouts — but you can always manually adjust the difficulty, as well.

This rear-driven elliptical also offers up to 22 levels of magnetic resistance. It has a stride length of 18 inches, features an 18-pound flywheel, and boasts a handle and wheels to make it relatively easy to move around your space. NordicTrack also includes over 10 different radio stations featuring popular music, and the integration of Google Maps™, which allows you to “travel” to different cities in the world for your workouts. Bluetooth capabilities mean you can connect your headphones to listen to your instructor, and pair your heart rate monitor for an accurate reading of your burned calories. If you’re tight on space and looking for a great low-impact cardio workout, we think the NordicTrack SE7i is a solid option to consider.

Main Takeaways
  • This elliptical can be folded in half and stored vertically to create more space in your home gym.
  • Any iFit workout with a trainer will offer automatic adjustments to the resistance, but you can utilize the manual adjustments whenever necessary.
  • NordicTrack offers a free month of iFit for any first-time buyers. This platform features over 16,000 live and on-demand workout classes, ranging from cardio to strength training.

NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical

This elliptical features a foldable design, and can be stored vertically to make the most out of your available space.

NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical Highlights
Mapping out your available space in your home for furniture can be a daunting task, and that is only intensified with workout equipment. This is partly why we think the SE7i could be a great purchase for small home dwellers. The innovative design means that after your cardio session, you can store it vertically and bust out the dumbbells to get a quick pump in. The 10-inch touchscreen monitor, and the automatic resistance adjustments mean it’s one of the most high-tech pieces of equipment out there, as well. The pair of two-inch speakers under the monitor offer a solid amount of sound for your sweaty sessions, but you can always pair your headphones for quieter workouts. Speaking of being quiet, this elliptical isn’t going to drive your family members, potential roommates, or neighbors mad as its magnetic resistance keeps things relatively quiet.

Even though there aren’t any built-in heart rate sensors, you can always pair an existing heart rate monitor, so you can accurately track the number of calories you’re burning. One of our favorite things about this product is that during your trainer-led classes, you can opt for automatic adjustments to your resistance depending on each specific workout. You can always turn this feature off though, and override it with manual adjustments. One downside that users who stand over six-feet tall may experience is that the stride length is only 18 inches, and may prevent you from stretching out the way you’d like. Others may not be too crazy about the 18-pound flywheel either. We didn’t find the level of resistance to be a problem, but you can certainly find a 20-pound flywheel on other ellipticals if you’re looking for more of a challenge.

Who Should Buy the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical
  • Anyone who is dealing with space issues but wants a high-quality piece of cardio equipment will be pumped that you can store the SE7i vertically.
  • Those who don’t want to be complacent with their cardio will likely enjoy the virtual training and automatic resistance adjustments here.
  • Even though it’s more expensive than other ellipticals, anyone looking for one of the biggest bang-for-your-buck purchases may find the $1,300 price tag here to be a steal.
Who Shouldn’t Buy the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical
  • Even though the SE7i features a low price tag considering the features, anyone not willing to spend $1,300 will want to look for a cheaper option. Just remember, this is a top-notch product that is going to be of higher quality than many cheaper options.
  • The ability to vertically store this elliptical will certainly save you space, but it still might be a little too big for some small apartment home dwellers.
  • Anyone who is over six-feet tall may not be able to stretch out properly for their workouts, and others may find that the 18-pound flywheel doesn’t provide enough of a challenge for them in terms of resistance.
Price
The NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical, at base, will run you around $1,300 on the NordicTrack website. However, your final price tag will be determined by the type of iFit membership plan that you choose, any additional warranty you want to add, and whether or not you want white glove assembly. So let’s say you want to save money long-term by going with the three-year membership plan, you want to add on the three-year maintenance plan, and also are opting for white glove assembly — your price tag will then be about $2,650 (which is the highest possible price tag). If you want all of those things but don’t want to pay it all up front, you also have the option to finance this purchase. NordicTrack does a great job of this in our opinion since they offer you two different financing plans and detail the money you’ll be spending over one year, or 39 months.

Compared across the rest of the market, that $1,300 price tag for this product is fairly average considering it’s less expensive than many competing products, but also more expensive than many basic ellipticals. If you’re looking for a top of the line product, we think the price tag here is justified. However, if you don’t care about the high-tech bells and whistles, you might be better off seeking a budget elliptical.

Overall Build and Quality
While the foldability of the SE7i might make it seem like a small product, it’s actually still pretty big. It’s over 6.5-feet long (the height when stored vertically), right at 5.5-feet tall when unfolded, and just over 2.5-feet wide. It also weighs 215 pounds, but thankfully it has both a handle and wheels that make it easier to maneuver around your space.

Another thing we really like about NordicTrack is that they feature a ten-year warranty on the durable steel framework of their products, so you can rest assured you’ll have this product in your for the foreseeable future. It also has a 325-pound weight limit, which is a fairly high number for cardio equipment.

Features
The 10-inch touchscreen monitor is stocked with trainer-led iFit classes, and will track all of your metrics throughout your workouts — but if you’re looking for a more accurate reading in regards to calories burned, we suggest pairing a heart rate monitor. The two speakers located under the monitor offer ample sound for your class streaming, but don’t forget you can always pair your favorite headphones via Bluetooth, as well. The automatic resistance adjustments are also a great tool in our eyes — though not necessary as you can also make these adjustments manually along with your class.

Stats Tracking and Metrics
During your cardio sessions, you’ll notice a bar located at the top of the screen that displays all of your stats — from distance traveled to number of calories burned. Since the SE7i doesn’t feature any built-in heart rate sensors though, you might want to connect a heart rate monitor for an accurate reading on the number of calories you’ve burned and your heart rate variability.

Display
The 10-inch touchscreen display on the SE7i is where you can browse through all of the iFit workouts. Since it operates on Android 9 OS Technology, there isn’t much down time when loading, but we still recommend being relatively close to your router because of the amount of data loaded onto the monitor. You’ll also notice a camera on the top of the monitor. This camera doesn’t currently serve any purpose, but in the growing world of virtual coaching, we think this might change in the not-too-distant future.

Included workouts
Even though this elliptical does not feature any preloaded workouts, you can always use the manual workout option if you don’t opt to take any of the iFit classes.

Workout App and Subscription Options
iFit is a great tool users can take advantage of on this elliptical. If you aren’t familiar, iFit is a fitness streaming platform that offers over 16,000 live and on-demand classes that range from elliptical classes to cycling, running, strength, and even yoga. All of your completed workouts and stats will be saved to your profile, and you can track your progress directly through the monitor or on the companion app with your phone. You can also stream workout classes from your phone if you’re on the road and still want to exercise. This is especially helpful for any class that don’t require the SE7i, such as strength training or stretching classes.

The Google Maps™ feature you can access with iFit is another reason we love this elliptical. You can select any city you wish, and get a feel for the lay of the land as this feature adjusts the resistance on the elliptical in correspondence with the city streets.

It’s worth remembering that you do have to pay for iFit to gain access to the platform. First time buyers receive a free month of this service with their elliptical purchase, but you will ultimately have to choose from one of the four payment options once that runs out. You can go down the most non-committal route and pay about $40 a month, or you can choose from the three yearly plans. The one-year plan is about $400, the two-year plan will cost you around $700, and the three-year plan is about $900. Even though those yearly plans impact your original price more significantly, they’ll save you money long-term. For example, that three-year plan is going to save you about $500 over the course of those three years compared to the $40 per month option.

Feel and Comfort
During our time with the SE7i, we noticed its magnetic resistance offered one of the smoothest rides we’ve felt on an elliptical. Though the 18-inch stride length was solid for us (and the majority of users), it may be less ideal for those who are over six feet tall. So if you are on the taller side, you might want to search for an elliptical with a longer stride length.

Heart Rate Monitoring
Since there are no built-in heart rate sensors, those who want to track their heart rate variability will definitely want to pair an existing heart rate monitor via Bluetooth.

Fans
Because you’re likely bound to sweat while working out with the SE7i, you’ll find the fan located underneath the monitor can help cool you off properly thanks to its four different speeds.

Speakers
The pair of two-inch speakers located under the monitor offer great projection for your instructor’s voice or any music playing while you’re working out. And if you don’t want to have both audio options (coaching and music) coming through the speakers at once, you can always adjust their volume levels separately.

Water Bottle, Cup Holders, Tablet and Phone Holders
NordicTrack included a water bottle holder on the SE7i, but we found it to be pretty small and unable to accommodate many reusable water bottles, or even shaker bottles for those who are sneaking in a pre-workout before working some cardio.

Bluetooth and Audio Options
This elliptical comes with Bluetooth capabilities, so you can pair your headphones and/or heart rate monitor when using it. The option to pair headphones may be crucial for those who work out late at night or early in the morning, and don’t want to wake anyone up.

HDMI, USB and Other Inputs
You won’t find any sort of inputs or outputs with the SE7i, but with all the included technology and ability to stream iFit classes on the touchscreen (rather than on your own device), you likely won’t be missing a charging port for your phone during your workout session.

Product Specs
The NordicTrack SE7i is one of the most high-tech ellipticals on the market, especially thanks to iFit and the option for automatic adjustments to the resistance during your workouts. But don’t forget you can always adjust everything manually when you see fit. The foldable design here makes it possible to store this elliptical vertically — plus, it makes it easier to utilize the included handle and wheels for portability. You’ll find this machine features a high weight limit, and is honestly pretty quiet during use thanks to the magnetic resistance.

Elliptical Type and Materials
This is a standard rear-driven elliptical that features an 18-pound flywheel. While there really isn’t that much of a difference between front, center, and rear-drive ellipticals, a rear-driven one may have the most natural feel since it can allow you to stretch out the most, while also offering a flatter movement pattern. The framework is primarily made of steel, but does feature some plastic, and the monitor is glass.

Resistance
The NordicTrack SE7i features 22 levels of magnetic resistance. This is arguably the quietest form of resistance available, and on top of the automatic adjustments to the resistance during iFit workouts, you can always adjust it manually, as well.

Pedals and Arms
The pedals and arms on this elliptical are connected and will move in unison, providing a natural feel. The pedals are about 16-inches long and six inches wide, which will accommodate the majority of users. The textured pedals will help prevent your feet from sliding, and you can raise the heels for comfort, which may also make your workout more quad-driven.

Dimensions and Weight
Despite the foldability of the SE7i, it’s still a pretty large piece of equipment. When you have it unfolded, you’ll find it to be about 5.5 feet tall, 6.6 feet long (which is the height when stored vertically, as well), and just under three feet wide. It also weighs a hefty 215 pounds, but thankfully there’s a handle and a set of wheels that can help to move it around.

Weight Capacity
The weight capacity for the NordicTrack SE7i is an impressive 325 pounds.

Foldability and Portability
Even though this elliptical weighs 215 pounds, it’s actually pretty easy to move thanks to the handle and wheels. To fold the machine, just unscrew the knob located under the water bottle holder, lift up on the tab located on the opposite side of the frame, and gently fold it down. After it’s folded, you can guide it around your space using the handle and wheels.

Electrical Requirements
Unlike a lot of the other NordicTrack equipment, the SE7i has a power cord that is built into the unit. When you’re done with your cardio session, we suggest unplugging it to prevent a power surge.

Noise
A piece of cardio equipment like the SE7i is bound to make noise during use. The problem that so many people want to avoid is their machine making too much noise. That’s something you won’t have to worry about here thanks to the magnetic resistance. In all honesty, the audio may actually be louder than the resistance. So you can rest assured that you won’t be that obnoxious neighbor or roommate.

Warranties
The NordicTrack SE7i features a 10-year warranty on the frame, as well as two years on parts, and one year on labor.

Places to Buy
You can purchase the SE7i directly through the NordicTrack website.

Company Information
NordicTrack is one of the leaders in the fitness industry in terms of their cardio equipment, which ranges from exercise bikes to treadmills, rowers, and of course, ellipticals, like the SE7i. If you’re interested in speaking to a customer service team member, you can reach them via phone at 1-888-308-9616.

Final Word
NordicTrack is changing the game with their new line of ellipticals, which includes the SE7i. This elliptical is foldable, which makes it a great addition to small home gym spaces. We also love the inclusion of iFit on the 10-inch touchscreen monitor, which offers tens of thousands of workout classes. Each class you join features automatic adjustments to the resistance settings. But you can always adjust those variables manually, if you prefer.

The 18-inch stride length, and 18-pound flywheel may not be the most ideal for taller folks or advanced athletes (respectively), but we think both were necessary in order for the SE7i to be as portable as it is. If you’re in the market for a great low-impact cardio product, you might want to consider this affordable, high-tech elliptical from NordicTrack — it’s one of our current favorites.

FAQs
Are there any preloaded workouts on the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical?You might be disappointed to find that NordicTrack does not include any preloaded workouts on the SE7i. If you don’t want to pay for iFit though, you can always use the manual workout option to create your own cardio workout. However, we think iFit is what makes this product stand out from the competition, and is worth the extra money.

How much space do I need to work out with the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical?This elliptical is about 6.5 feet long, and features a stride length of 18 inches. The feet don’t stick out too far from the framework either, so as long as you have at least seven square feet of space, we think you’ll be just fine.

Does the NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical track your number of calories burned?Since there are no built in heart rate sensors, if you want an accurate reading of your burned calories, you will need to connect your own heart rate monitor. However, the SE7i will give you a generic rough estimate of calories burned based off of each specific workout even without a heart rate monitor.

Click here to view the article.

Back