Pop Warner

Buffalo

MuscleChemistry Member
Well my little guy is signed up and ready to play his first year of pop warner tackle! Not sure who's more of a wreck, mom or dad!

Anyone have kids that play or going to play this season? Anyone here play pop warner growing up?

I was joking with a colleague about the first day of hitting drills at 12 years old. I remember they would give you your gear and suit up and knock each other around but now it's a huge process of actually training to tackle.

my boys play 13, 11, 8 all started at 6 and 7. we would sign them up tomorrow but we are going out of town so we will next weekend. i forgot the name of the league but its not pop warner. we live in the country so teams are small usually 12-20 kids a team and sometimes have to drive hours to get to other small towns. mom was worried a little about injuries especially with all the head injury news but she understood risk reward thing. hell now they wish football was year around which it is for high schools in alabama

- - - Updated - - -

im going to be honest i would rather them spend more time tackling and shit lol hell most practices are just running offensive plays fuck that hit somebody

My boy is 9 and wanted to play, he was tired of flag football. He isn't very good but everyone said that the great players in flag sucked at tackle and the not so good at flag excelled because they just didn't give a shit and were hitting everything in sight.

I think he will do good. He deadlifts, overhead presses and squats so he's pretty strong but skinny.

There is somethign about learning to play through pain at a young age that made me appreciate playing contact sports early. That aggression starts coming out slowly.

my 13 year old is doing summer weight training im so proud he is willing to wake up at 6am in the summer time and train for 2 hours in this heat. damn i wish i was young again lol i get outside not doing shit really and im miserable

Back