Scorecards reveal rounds Paul Felder won in controversial 48-47 tally in UFC Vegas 14 headliner

9mm

MuscleChemistry MMA Site Representative
1285715023.0.jpg
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC Despite getting outgrappled and smothered over five rounds, Paul Felder beat Rafael dos Anjos on one judges’ scorecard in the headliner of UFC Vegas 14.
Even Felder gave a quizzical look when Bruce Buffer announced Chris Lee’s 48-47 scorecard for him after five rounds of grinding action with ex-lightweight champ Rafael Dos Anjos. But when the other two scorecards were read, dos Anjos was rightfully declared the winner.
Not only did dos Anjos win, but he pitched a shutout with two 50-45 scores per Sal D’Amato and Derek Cleary. Lee had Felder winning rounds 2-4 via 10-9 scores.
Check out the official scorecard, courtesy of the UFC.
#UFCVegas14 Official Scorecard: Paul Felder vs Rafael Dos Anjos

More Scorecards: https://t.co/oVzPFHBLgb pic.twitter.com/XgDqSCww8I
— UFC News (@UFCNews) November 15, 2020
Dos Anjos not only muted Felder’s offense against the fence but did solid work on his feet over five rounds. Felder struggled at times with distance and timing as dos Anjos worked on the front and back end of exchanges. A body kick was money for the Brazilian as the two stood in the center of the octagon.
The split-call win put dos Anjos back in the win column after a pair of setbacks at welterweight in bouts against Leon Edwards and Michael Chiesa, respectively. Felder, who took the bout on five days’ notice, has now lost his previous two fights after another split decision – in a February headliner against Dan Hooker – didn’t go his way.
Here’s how the pros reacted to the decision below:
Do judges get drug tested
— Baldy Ed (@brianboom135) November 15, 2020
#UFCVegas14 lessons RDA is a 155 top 5 not 170, Felder is a warrior and one judge is terrible at his job
— GILBERT BURNS DURINHO (@GilbertDurinho) November 15, 2020
https://t.co/DDV4oLfbWM
— Lauren Murphy (@LaurenMurphyMMA) November 15, 2020
As I said before, MMA scoring system needs to evolve . It’s too subjective . Fighters risk too much to have someone not get it right !
— Derek Brunson (@DerekBrunson) November 15, 2020
At the post-fight press conference, dos Anjos revealed his immediate reaction when the scores were announced inside the octagon.
“It was the first judge that said that, and I got scared,” he told reporters. “Then when the second judge said 50-45 for me, it was like, huh. And then the last one gave 50-45. I thought I won every round. I was able to control and do my game and secure the ‘W.’”

{feed:enclosure_href }

More...

Back