495lb squat at 153lbs

csuperman

Not that impressive looking but you gotta love the shorts music and excitement. lol, I thought it was hilarious because today at the gym I saw this guy hit the 95lb dumbells on flat bench and popped up with a fist pump and a yell out of nowhere.

IDK where to start LOL... the music, just wearing compression shorts, his hair, the fact that he is a complete dork, ect. BUT, if he really weighs 135, that's a good lift.

Parallel is the hip going at or below the top of the quad....that is a good lift...period...who cares if he looks like a dork...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

That is depending on your definition. In certain powerlifting federations that was not parallel. Parallel to me (coming from USPF guidelines) is the hip joint parallel to the knee joint thus making this not a parallel lift.

- - - Updated - - -

You really don't find that impressive?

No, granted he did come down further than most of the clowns I see squatting in the gym

Lemme get this straight....you arnt impressed because he should have gone 1/4 of an inch more?

Derp

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

i'm not impressed because he's wearing knee wraps...they really do help alot in squatting more weight...most i've ever done is 455x8 top of thighs parallel without knee wraps and belt only when i was 175lbs so a single at 495 with assistance gear is strong but not worthy of my praise

i think for a 1 rep max he should be happy..next time he might go lower.some times its just a confidence thing with below pararel..u want to not fail so u go a little higher just to say u did it..plus great music any one got a link..lol

If you lift to impress anyone you're going to end up getting hurt so I'll pass. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. I train for myself
TOTALY AGREE..REALY REALY REALY HATE PEOPLE THAT LOOK AROUND AND MAKE LOADS A NOISE THEN DONT EVEN MAKE A PROPPER LIFT..(my gym partner always try's to push me to do stupid stuff and i often have to tell him to fuck of)

TOTALY AGREE..REALY REALY REALY HATE PEOPLE THAT LOOK AROUND AND MAKE LOADS A NOISE THEN DONT EVEN MAKE A PROPPER LIFT..(my gym partner always try's to push me to do stupid stuff and i often have to tell him to fuck of)

I used to lift heavy to boast in a way, but now I don't lift anything I can't do with proper form. I don't lift crazy weight, but I've come around to the thinking that lifting 100 lbs 10 times is the same amount of weight as doing 200 lbs 5 times. Its moving the exact same amount of weight, if I can do it safer with a lighter weight so be it. Injury isn't worth an ego anymore

I used to lift heavy to boast in a way, but now I don't lift anything I can't do with proper form. I don't lift crazy weight, but I've come around to the thinking that lifting 100 lbs 10 times is the same amount of weight as doing 200 lbs 5 times. Its moving the exact same amount of weight, if I can do it safer with a lighter weight so be it. Injury isn't worth an ego anymore

right on brother..i think we are getting old..lol..

IDK where to start LOL... the music, just wearing compression shorts, his hair, the fact that he is a complete dork, ect. BUT, if he really weighs 135, that's a good lift.

said he was 153 not 135. Hey, cut him some slack, lot of weight for his weight, Almost 500 lbs. Sloppy form but was pretty heavy.
And dont pretend you didnt think the hair band was cool. LOLOL I used to be hyper critical (and prob still am, lol) but like I said,
that was (in my opinion) some weight for only being a buck 50. Worst I have seen was a guy have 3 plates each side (315 lbs) and
got under it. I thinking if this guy can squat this I would be surprised. I watched for the 45 seconds he was standing there until he
racked it. Turn's out he was going down half a inch and back up. He said it was the secret to go heavy like that for big legs. Couldnt
even laugh at that one. Just looked at him in shock. lol Back to this guy, think he was a little short of parallel and would have been
called on it if competing. Mabey Im getting old also but I like to see guys at least trying rather then the idiots I see walking around in
baggy pants just doing abbs and treadmill. Just saying.....lol

said he was 153 not 135. Hey, cut him some slack, lot of weight for his weight, Almost 500 lbs. Sloppy form but was pretty heavy.
And dont pretend you didnt think the hair band was cool. LOLOL I used to be hyper critical (and prob still am, lol) but like I said,
that was (in my opinion) some weight for only being a buck 50. Worst I have seen was a guy have 3 plates each side (315 lbs) and
got under it. I thinking if this guy can squat this I would be surprised. I watched for the 45 seconds he was standing there until he
racked it. Turn's out he was going down half a inch and back up. He said it was the secret to go heavy like that for big legs. Couldnt
even laugh at that one. Just looked at him in shock. lol Back to this guy, think he was a little short of parallel and would have been
called on it if competing. Mabey Im getting old also but I like to see guys at least trying rather then the idiots I see walking around in
baggy pants just doing abbs and treadmill. Just saying.....lol

I agree it is a lot of weight for his size. I won't take that away from him and he did go down much further than most guys I've seen in a gym. Like you, I'm super critical when it comes to putting things on the internet. I personally wouldn't put this up (mainly because I am as critical as I am and I wouldn't put something up if I didn't do a "legal" lift). But nonetheless, for a gym lift it was good. I'm a bit of a dick when it comes to watching internet videos. It mainly comes from my background in powerlifting and being around guys who lift a lot of weight in competition. My old training partner is nearly a 700# bencher at 198/220 weight classes. So it takes a lot to impress me for this reason alone. And also being a former trainer, I'm a big stickler when it comes to form.

Back