Almost 6 months out...advice needed

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
I'm planning on doing a show the first week of May. I will end up dieting for around 16 weeks, maybe 12. The last show I dieted for 20 weeks leading into it and lost a little bit too much muscle. I was wanting to get some opinions on something. With 6 months to go and considering that I may "cut" the last 3, would any of you recommend a 8-10 week bulk prior to the cut or would it be too close and too long to be on? I know that last part is a bit of a joke, but seriously lol

I guess it all depends on what you look like now..........

Look like shit now since I'm coming back from an injury that kept me out for around 6 months. So I'll be growing back some of the muscle I lost so it's almost like I'm rebuilding and starting from scratch

Look like shit now since I'm coming back from an injury that kept me out for around 6 months. So I'll be growing back some of the muscle I lost so it's almost like I'm rebuilding and starting from scratch

From an old guy perspective,
You kind of answered your own question- I think it will be a losing battle if you are not 100% . I think you know what to do- grow muscle and build for now. I think you need to rethink the time lines- I don't know if its worth doing a show so soon- 6 months is not that far away when you think about it from a prep standpoint. I an recovering for a torn bicep - so you can imagine how long that takes to recover. I have had to push back my time lines to next fall to adequately get back to the point I was before the injury, grow, and have enough time to prep for a show. My two cents..

From an old guy perspective,
You kind of answered your own question- I think it will be a losing battle if you are not 100% . I think you know what to do- grow muscle and build for now. I think you need to rethink the time lines- I don't know if its worth doing a show so soon- 6 months is not that far away when you think about it from a prep standpoint. I an recovering for a torn bicep - so you can imagine how long that takes to recover. I have had to push back my time lines to next fall to adequately get back to the point I was before the injury, grow, and have enough time to prep for a show. My two cents..

That's what keeps popping into my head. I know that I could really use at least a year of solid training to get some mature muscle back on my frame. I honestly think that by basically starting over I may even be able to add some more muscle than before. I am chomping at the bit to get back on stage, but I know it's so soon and I have been strongly considering staying away until 2012. So many things to consider, just don't know what to do, I'm looking for ideas and will make a decision soon, but I really think you're right and I've certainly been thinking the same.

I am in the same boat as you to get back to doing shows... but I also know that I don't want to get back into something if I cannot be 100%. There is so much so much time and money involved. I know you will do what is right, but like I said I think you already know the answer.

Bro I would not worry about getting in this show so much as getting yourself back to your own 100% as was said. You know I am the same man, just getting back in after a shoulder injury. I think you know your body well enough to know your limits (hopefully), and know whether it is too early or not for AAS. I just really think when it comes down to it, the show should be the least of your concerns...

Back