Anyone do chinups regularly?

S

saudades

If you do chinups regularly, would you say that they have really contributed to your size?

nope i never do em, i should thogh i think it would realy bring my lats out

damn... I haven't done them in years. I cant get my fat ass off the ground if i do pull ups late in my routine. Do you guys do them first??

damn... I haven't done them in years. I cant get my fat ass off the ground if i do pull ups late in my routine. Do you guys do them first??

I do them at the start and end of my workout. I do them Mon, Wed, Friday.

They are the core of my back workout, mostly wide grip overhand but also some close grip underhand and neutral grip. I also do weighted (up to 90lbs) pullups once every week or two. They definately helped contribute to my size.

HELL YES!!!! I do them twice a week. I used to be in the marine corps and watched the pullups transform my upper body. I saw the results with my own eyes on my body and havent been able to quit doing them since. Its tough to not do something that you KNOW for sure works. You should give it a try bro. Once you get strong on them start adding weight to a dip belt. You will be happy you did.

I've started doing them ever since this thread. Its some areas that im not used to.

Wow, this exercise works wonders. I'm going to make this a regular.

Question... you doing wide grip palms facing away and behind the neck or in front? ... many many options to the simple 'pull up' ... lol but i'd agree.. pull ups are awesome lat expanders and it's amazing when i used to do them regularly how much it increased my overall upper body strength.

question though.. i have a rotator cuff issue, think pull ups will injure me more or wait till i get my shoulder muscles stronger?

Question... you doing wide grip palms facing away and behind the neck or in front? ... many many options to the simple 'pull up' ... lol but i'd agree.. pull ups are awesome lat expanders and it's amazing when i used to do them regularly how much it increased my overall upper body strength.

question though.. i have a rotator cuff issue, think pull ups will injure me more or wait till i get my shoulder muscles stronger?

just have someone spot you

Back