Bodybuilder Stops Bank Robber

mikeswift

Bodybuilder Stopped A Bank Robber
It is over for a Washington State bank robber who became known as the "Old School Bandit." He was caught by a quick-thinking, out-of-town bodybuilder who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Chadwik Asheim, the man behind the bandit's trademark bandana mask, was arrested Friday (8/17) when he tried to rob a Banner Bank branch in Lynnwood, Washington.

The "Old School Bandit" earned the title from the F-B-I for wearing a bandana over his face while robbing nine different banks in the Seattle area. Friday, while trying to rob Banner Bank, instead of clenching fistfuls of stolen cash, he found himself gasping for air while a 280-pound amateur bodybuilder pounded him.

Todd Jewell and his wife are from Yakima, Washington and were visiting Seattle with the idea of relocating. They noticed an employment sign in the bank's window and went into the bank to try and get a job interview.
But those plans changed when Asheim walked in through the door wearing a hat, a pair of sunglasses and, of course, a bandana.

Jewell said he smelled trouble immediately. The robbery unfolded within seconds. Jewell grabbed Asheim and threw him to the ground and grabbed his hair from behind. He said he kept pushing him down until he cracked Asheim's ribs. Jewell's wife called 911.

FBI agents have been on Asheim's trail. He reportedly hit nine different banks around the Seattle area since June. Thanks to Jewell, the "Old School Bandit" is finally behind bars. That is once he gets out of the hospital.

Asheim has been booked into the Snohomish County Jail and is expected to be transferred to a federal jail Monday (8/20).​

Yes!! I was watching all the bad stuff on the news earlier and I have to say it feels great to read something like this. A nice pick-me-up.

that's one big boy, i hope he goes on to great things and years later they can tell the story of how he single handedly stopped a bank robber for the FBI. it's a TV special in the making

Seee!!!... you never know when gear comes in handy!

Damn fed needs to re-think some things... :)

I saw this on the news. Loved it when he said how he pinned the guy down and pressed until he heard his ribs crack.

wonder if he got the job? I dont think he should get a reward because it wasent
a "REAL" capture because he might have been "ON STERIODS"!!!!

I hope he beat the shit outta the guy. I was reminded of the local robbery a couple years back, the guy came into the bank with -get this- a fucking pitchfork! lol
Too bad I wasn't there, I'da took the damn thing from him and proceed to put it in his ass lol

I hear now that he's becoming a national celebrity for doing this... I hope he uses it to his advantage to help propel his career

saudades said:
...and perhaps dispel some myths about steroids.

yeah him crushing the guys ribs should help our fight against us being violent,lmao, just kidding had to throw it in there

Back