brown recluse bite?

Cannons

Anybody ever been bitten by a brown spider, or brown recluse? I woke up Saturday morning with a bite on my stomach that was about a pea sized red mark, and by Saturday night it had a slight red mark around it about the size of a nickle. Today, there is a whitish clear bump in the center, red around that and a nickel sized red (not very red, more like pink) circle around it. I don't feel bad or anything, I wish I had a camera so I could post a pic but I don't. Anybody have any feedback on this? I'm just wondering what I should notice if its a poisonous bite that I need to get taken care of?

My girld brother got one a few months ago on his ankle. Not much you can do. I heard if its a real recluse, the skin around the bite with decay/die but there is really no way around it.

I'm sure it will hurt some as this happens, and the bites are usualy low on the extremeties (of course) so walking around may be a pain the next few days.

Dude, I have been bit by a brown. I was in Korea wrestling in a tournament when I said to my boy a few days later that a ass pinple was steady regulating me. It began to piss puss and after a few days I had to go to the medac. It was not pleasant becuase they want you to give all that is wrong with you up front, so I had to say I had a seeping sore on my ass. It was from a brown recluse and they gave me a few shots and told me to come back every day for a "wet to dry" wrap. I opted to give the wrap to myself and save the time. I thought I would have a golf ball sized scar on my ass but I was fortuntanate!

if you believe this or not...i have a buddy who has been bit like 5 times by a brown riclouse....its extremely hard to believe but its true...he has been bit in the face like 3 times and every thime it looks like a little bug bite and just swells his chin up like jay leno's chin

i actually got a pic of someone that was biten by a brown recluse,.... it starts at day three till day ten...enyoy...

Well I just wasted 2 hours in the ER. The doc told me that she could do nothing for me and just watch it. She prescribed me some bacterial ointment to put on it. I got home and noticed that it was coming to a "head" like a zit, so I squeezed on it a little and pus came out, followed by a little blood. It was just like I had just popped a zit. Weird! Anyway, it hurts a little now that I've squeezed on it, but nothing else has changed other than there is no pus in the center now.

OMG, Mo that is some nasty ass sh&t. I think I will be permantley scarred from seeing that. I think its time to fumagate the house.

I live in an area loaded with browns and im glad I havent had that experience.......Those are sick pics!

Sorry fellows...just had to show that pic!!! LOL i hope i didn't scare everyone out of their houses......

Man! That's nasty stuff!

Cannons, you might have only been bitten by a very small baby recluse. The bites usually turn into big open sores so consider yourself lucky if it doesn't do that. Or it was only a zit to begin with. They can be deep, large, and painful on your stomach area.

MO, I think those pics are fake or not the result of a spider bite. I read that somewhere.

Bro's my brother got bitten by one...it inothong to screw with.............his leg blew up and he hasd to go to the ER fricklen 3times a week for 3 weeks and get this anti-biotic IV given to him. His leg started to eat it's self away. Need to go back to ER and tell them somethiing bor not trying to scar you but nothing to fuck with. Thos pics is what it looks like bro NO SHIT

Where is everyone going to be bitten by a brown recluse? The woods, attics, garages or do these things just come into your house?

tonykemp said:
Man! That's nasty stuff!

Cannons, you might have only been bitten by a very small baby recluse. The bites usually turn into big open sores so consider yourself lucky if it doesn't do that. Or it was only a zit to begin with. They can be deep, large, and painful on your stomach area.

Well, I know it wasn't a zit because initially (when I first noticed it, when I woke up Sat) I tried to squeeze it and it hurt and itched, like the painful itching sensation you get from bites. So at that time I figured it was some kind of bite. Based on the way it looks (white center, dark red ring around center, light red ring around the whole area) I thought it to be a spider bite, particularly one of the brown spider, or brown recluse. It was weird that I got pus like a pimple out of it, but today it is not as warm and it doesn't seem to have anymore pus in it. The light red circle hasn't grown or shrank, but the dark red circle has shrank and its not as raised as it was, so its showing the least bit of progression I'd say. I can say that it doesn't seem to be getting worse, so thats good.

I thought it was more of a spider bite the way you described it too. You were probably lucky that you didn't get much poison in you (small spider) or maybe something you are on counteracts the poison somehow...hmmm...what are you on? I think it would be something to note down if there actually could be something that can counteract venom from a recluse bite.

tonykemp said:
I thought it was more of a spider bite the way you described it too. You were probably lucky that you didn't get much poison in you (small spider) or maybe something you are on counteracts the poison somehow...hmmm...what are you on? I think it would be something to note down if there actually could be something that can counteract venom from a recluse bite.

Do you think some people are genetically more or less sensitive to something like this. Or is the result usually typical no matter the person?

That's possible too. Again, it would be something to research. If he was less sensitive to the venom, there would have to be a reason why such as anti-bodies against it or something like that.

Back