College

Metal85

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
So for the first time I will be applying for a scholarship, the woman said I met the criteria (but of course they have to go through selection after it's turned in) Im really hoping I can get this, it would def alleviate a lot of financial stress due to the costs of tuition now.
If your company wants to donate to the schooling of Metal feel free to :gold:

Im going for my RN now. I already have my Emergency Medical Technician certificate, Basic Dysrhythmia Certificate, CPR/BLS, My Associates in Radiologic Sciences licensed CRT accredited through the ARRT---- However this field is so overly flooded there are no jobs, and no room to move up.

Good luck with it man, I'm so glad I'm done with school. Not that I'm even using my degree, but I'm still glad I got it

Im going for my RN now. I already have my Emergency Medical Technician certificate, Basic Dysrhythmia Certificate, CPR/BLS, My Associates in Radiologic Sciences licensed CRT accredited through the ARRT---- However this field is so overly flooded there are no jobs, and no room to move up.

Sounds like u have a solid base for entering nursing school. From what i gather, people with a medical base do much better in nursing school.
Good luck man

Sounds like u have a solid base for entering nursing school. From what i gather, people with a medical base do much better in nursing school.
Good luck man

Yeah def bro, I took a 95 question a&p test last week in 9 minutes and got a 97% lol I just cant take any more loans, I already have like 50+k out for the first degree which will most likely ever be paid off

congrats i also am going into that field i have a bachelors of science in human biology....RN is the way to go....will like to get my BSN and MSN with time

metal quick question if u dont mind...i was thinking about getting my CNA do you think its worth it? I am doing it to further my chances of getting into nursing since i have no work experience in my field just some volunteering

of course its worth it, get in the field and see if you like what you will be doing, get the patient interactions down, and it will prepare you a little more for school

Regardless of how you try to further your education its going to cost money. I think a lot of hospitals are reimbursing Rn's tuition if they sign a 5-10 yr contract to work at the hospital.
My advice is dont be discouraged by heavy tuition costs. If you push yourself eventually it will pay off.
Your first year as an RN you'll prob make $20k more than as an xray tech. Live like you do now and apply that $20k to your loans each yr. In 2-3 yrs its paid off instead of dragging it out for 30 yrs.
Then keep going man, i dont think a BSN is hard to get. Most i know are doing it online even.
The one thing good with nursing is all of your options beyond RN. I think if i was a nurse i'd go for an anesthestist degree. I think they start at like $130k/yr.

Regardless of how you try to further your education its going to cost money. I think a lot of hospitals are reimbursing Rn's tuition if they sign a 5-10 yr contract to work at the hospital.
My advice is dont be discouraged by heavy tuition costs. If you push yourself eventually it will pay off.
Your first year as an RN you'll prob make $20k more than as an xray tech. Live like you do now and apply that $20k to your loans each yr. In 2-3 yrs its paid off instead of dragging it out for 30 yrs.
Then keep going man, i dont think a BSN is hard to get. Most i know are doing it online even.
The one thing good with nursing is all of your options beyond RN. I think if i was a nurse i'd go for an anesthestist degree. I think they start at like $130k/yr.

starting nursing pay at a hospital is actually almost the same as a RT, but way more options and jobs. I hope I can get full time no benefits bc they make a good amount more. The bad thing about the BSN is they dont pay you anymore for it (which I feel they should) It used to be 25 cents more, now its nothing, which is crazy for another 2 years of school. The shitty thing is ARNP and PA were both good routes to go after nursing but in either 2014 or 2015 they will require a Doctorette, which screw that lol. If they move the anestheist schools closer that would def be a great option, however right now both are 3 hours from my house =(

I was also recently looking at becoming a CRNA thanks for the advice Jpotch....first i need to get into nursing school :laugh:

I already have like 50+k out for the first degree which will most likely ever be paid off

This is where you are mistaken. The govt nationalized student loans when Obamacare was passed. You will pay these off or the Feds will just garnish your wages and destroy your credit and life in general.

If it takes 30 years, they will make you pay these off.

Good luck on the rest of schooling.

This is where you are mistaken. The govt nationalized student loans when Obamacare was passed. You will pay these off or the Feds will just garnish your wages and destroy your credit and life in general.

If it takes 30 years, they will make you pay these off.

Good luck on the rest of schooling.

Im not 100% sure you have those facts straight, pretty sure it was you dont have to pay more than 10% of what your annual salary is and after 20 years of paying on it your done. Im already going to a lawyer about my student loan bc 3 key components of the loan were not true.

Im not 100% sure you have those facts straight, pretty sure it was you dont have to pay more than 10% of what your annual salary is and after 20 years of paying on it your done. Im already going to a lawyer about my student loan bc 3 key components of the loan were not true.

So let me get this straight. You took a loan out on your on accord to get an education. You received the education from the college and now you are actively planning on trying to get out of paying your part of the contractual agreement to pay off the loan you took. I'm guessing by your level of maturity that many xbox games and your rent from time to time was paid with the money you took from the bank. Maybe I am wrong, but by the things you say I doubt I am.

And I dont think you've done the math. A RN in the field of medicine makes pretty good money and at an average salary of apx 65K a year Average Staff Nurse - RN Salary Information plus Job, Career Education & Unemployment Help you will be paying apx $6500 a year at the max 10% repayment you state you dont have to pay more than. Your 50K in loans can be paid off easily in under 10 years paying less than the 10%. So pay up and hold up to your end of the contract.

I pull people's credit all day everyday at my job and I can tell you I have pulled thousands of credit bureaus in the last 10 years and I have seen many many people go through chapter 7 and still have the student loans on their credit reports. I have never seen personally a student loan default forgiven. This is probably more true now that Student Loans were nationalized under Obama.

OK im starting this out to match exactly your tone as you started this.
1)I have a house that I built dickface, over 3 years ago, every bill has been paid on time. Great assumption.
2) I was part of a bait and switch with my loan. I have documentation saying it was a fixed loan------its variable.
It was verbally explained in detail how no interest would accrue untl my classes were complete------it accrued the entire time
I was talked out of sallie mae because It was verbally explained to me, in detail that you can not consolidate your loans through them, and that with the one she SOLD me
you can--------That too was wrong.
So dont make bland assumptions based off of no facts.
I am also not trying to go to this school for another degree, but a Community College instead.
So if you think that I am wrong in trying to get out of that loan, that fucked me, screw you. I was making double payments (which was $800)
for a few months in a row with less then $120 being taken off the principle. I asked how I can send extra money in to just have it come off the priciple, they said you can't. Again you know nothing f that situation, so you should have asked before you accuse someone of not paying there fucking bills.
I have made my own money since I was 8 years old, and NO I didnt have an allowance, my allowance was -You can play outside.

I'll bump this up a few times if needed so you read this. And let me guess you are an extreme republican with a Gun bumper sticker?

So let me get this straight. You took a loan out on your on accord to get an education. You received the education from the college and now you are actively planning on trying to get out of paying your part of the contractual agreement to pay off the loan you took. I'm guessing by your level of maturity that many xbox games and your rent from time to time was paid with the money you took from the bank. Maybe I am wrong, but by the things you say I doubt I am.

And I dont think you've done the math. A RN in the field of medicine makes pretty good money and at an average salary of apx 65K a year Average Staff Nurse - RN Salary Information plus Job, Career Education & Unemployment Help you will be paying apx $6500 a year at the max 10% repayment you state you dont have to pay more than. Your 50K in loans can be paid off easily in under 10 years paying less than the 10%. So pay up and hold up to your end of the contract.

I pull people's credit all day everyday at my job and I can tell you I have pulled thousands of credit bureaus in the last 10 years and I have seen many many people go through chapter 7 and still have the student loans on their credit reports. I have never seen personally a student loan default forgiven. This is probably more true now that Student Loans were nationalized under Obama.

Last edited:
Back