Crossfit training...

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
I was watching that Crossfit Games stuff on ESPN yesterday and I was looking at it online, has anyone ever tried this stuff? I've done and taught bootcamp style classes before, but this looks a little bit different. It looks a lot more intense and incorporates more weights and strongman style training which really interested me. There's a gym around here that I've seen, but never really thought of training there until I saw all this stuff yesterday.

What's your guys thought on it if you've seen it?

It's crazy shit man, it involves weightlifting, cardio, strongman, powerlifting, olympic lifting, everything really

yeah I was watching this to on espn and loved it! Plus alot of the guys were jacked which was pretty cool. The overall winner was pretty stacked as well!

Crossfit is growing at a crazy pace. They just opened there 3000th gym worldwide. The games are sponsered by Reebok/Adidas... They have trademarked the Title's "Fittest Man and Fittest Women in the World"
Both Titles won 250,000.00 which is amazing as they have only been around for a few years (3 I think). Regional's started with over 120,000 contestant's then 26,000 qualified for the second round out of which 49 men and 47 women where in the finals. It was only web cast live, the viewing numbers were impressive enough to sell it to ESPN who will show it live next year. It's one of the biggest trends in Fitness in years. Average membership rates are 150.00 per month and they are getting it. It is becoming a real competitive threat to the commercial gyms.

crossfit was hard when I tried it, seems like a great thing to do if your a fighter. really gets your cardio up and in a fight even if you didnt know how to fight you would still be able to hit the other dude for an additional 10 minutes after they were completely gassed if you did this regularly. It was something different and id try it again, just dont wanna pay for the membership

Yea, it's fucking expensive as hell around here. It's $15/session, $75 for 2 sessions a week for a month (roughly 8 sessions) or $125 for unlimited monthly training

I wouldn't mind doing this every once in a while, but it'd probably take me 3 months to get in decent shape to where I won't tire out fast

Back