diet and exercise

noel said:
s otoday i had a odyssy bar they have 30 gms protein i think, and a bowl of tofu and vegis liek always, and have of another bar, and a bowl of those egg noodles low fat w/ mushrooms and beef, and ( this is bad ).... 3 slices of poppy seed bread !

is it ok to drink the soy chi latte's or shouldi be cutting those out ?

No it is not bad to have poppy seed bread. You just have to know how much to eat of it and when. Dieting or eating smart does not have to be torture, it should be fun.

NO do NOT cut out something you enjoy having just have it in moderation. Instead of having it everyday, maybe start with having it every other day.

nvs

ok so i thought i would put out a quick update... so since i have made this post about 2 weeks ago i have only lost about 2lbs, but i have been working out like crazy and i know alot of it is muscle so i dont really care about the #, but i think i have lost a few inches in my waist already !!!

noel said:
ok so i thought i would put out a quick update... so since i have made this post about 2 weeks ago i have only lost about 2lbs, but i have been working out like crazy and i know alot of it is muscle so i dont really care about the #, but i think i have lost a few inches in my waist already !!!

You've been quiet and i didn't want to pressure you into posting. Glad you're sticking with it.

nvs

so i weighed myself this morning and i have actually lost 4 lbs. woo-hoo. lol my diet has been the same and i havent broke stride, i figured i wouldnt bore everyone w/ a list of what i ate everyday anymore. i did an a.m work out on an empty stomach this morning like n.v.s suggested, which i would like to do more of, but most of my workouts are in the p.m.

correction

noel said:
so i weighed myself this morning and i have actually lost 4 lbs. woo-hoo. lol my diet has been the same and i havent broke stride, i figured i wouldnt bore everyone w/ a list of what i ate everyday anymore. i did an a.m work out on an empty stomach this morning like n.v.s suggested, which i would like to do more of, but most of my workouts are in the p.m.
Cardio in the AM on an empty stomach, not workout. Not tring to be rude, this just cought my eye. Great thread ladies. I'm going to have my wife look at this. Congrats on your progress. I wish more people would post carb, protein, and fat CHOICES. Makes dieting soooo much eaiser when you can look @ a list of carbs and choose one, and so on. Personally I keep my grocreries seperated on my computer, so when its time to cook I choose one item from each group (no brainer dieting). And for shopping I just print the list. Hopes this helps a bit. Ps: not trying to hijack your thread, just really enjoyed the read. Thanks

muscleitis said:
Cardio in the AM on an empty stomach, not workout. Not tring to be rude, this just cought my eye. Great thread ladies. I'm going to have my wife look at this. Congrats on your progress. I wish more people would post carb, protein, and fat CHOICES. Makes dieting soooo much eaiser when you can look @ a list of carbs and choose one, and so on. Personally I keep my grocreries seperated on my computer, so when its time to cook I choose one item from each group (no brainer dieting). And for shopping I just print the list. Hopes this helps a bit. Ps: not trying to hijack your thread, just really enjoyed the read. Thanks

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you are enjoying the thread. I would like you to get your wife to join. Our female community has been evolving at a very fast pace and we need more women to partake in our discussions and share their knowledge and experiences with the rest of our members. That's the way to grow. I posted a thread on diet with a list of food substitutions so please do check it out. Hope you stop by more often :)

nvs

noel said:

Noel, the purpose of thread was to have you post your eating habits so we could establish a pattern and come up with solutions to help you better your lifestyle and reach your goals. You are not boring anyone turst me. We cannot help if you do not share. And i do suggest you keep the cardio in the a.m on an empty stomack and train later on in the day after you have had your meals. You shouod be feeling alot better about yourself though.

nvs

ok i will keep up the food list, starting tomarrow ! lol i did that a.m workout friday and then went back around 3 in the afternoon and did arms. i got to say i am noticing some defintion in my arms and back. i am gonna have to send you a pic of the guns !!! lol

ok so i did an exstensive arm workout today and now i am feeling it, but it has became adicting. the more i lift the more i want to do that and i have to drag myself to do cardio and sometimes i even only do a quick warm up on an elitical and go straight for the weights. help !!! lol

noel said:
ok so i did an exstensive arm workout today and now i am feeling it, but it has became adicting. the more i lift the more i want to do that and i have to drag myself to do cardio and sometimes i even only do a quick warm up on an elitical and go straight for the weights. help !!! lol

LOL
I know that feeling all too well girl. Keep at it!

nvs

ok so tommarrow am i am going to try n..v.s suggestion from her post on post workout foods, 25-40 grams protein and 30-50 grms carbs, i'll let ya know what i choose !

Diet and physical exercise are both equally necessary to maintain the health and fitness.
If you take healthy diet but don't go for regular exercise or do regular exercise but don't take healthy and balanced diet you can not maintain your health and fineness level. That's why we say these both things are equally important for the health and fitness point of view.

Last edited:
Can you post your exercise regimen as well? My wife just started working out with me and I know my regimen is VERY different from what she should do. I am aiming for strength and bulk, she is aiming for bikini.

Back