do i fix diet or cardio ? trying to lean up.

Boomer

Ive just switched my diet and increased my cardio from 0 times a week to 4 maybe 5 times a week.

im hitting the treadmil with HIIT for 30mins 3 out of 4 days and one day cardio i do a 30 mins duration run to measure my fitness levels every week.

Now i was wondering if this is enough cardio or too much. I noticed last time i did this i stripped the weight and fat pretty fast but after about 9kg of weight loss i started to loose too much muscle size and wasnt getting lean enough.

not sure if my cardio needs to be tweeked at the point where i lose to much or my diet needs to be tweeked.

i would say 3000Cals would be my maintenance intake.. i gain weight nicley at 4500Cals
so ive brought my Cals down to about 2000Cals keeping my Protein as high as i can, fats pretty low and carbs i load up on a sunday (free day) then progressivly reduce carbs every day... last 2 days pretty much low to no carbs.

please help where i need

thank you in advanced

I liked carb cycling, a high day followed by a mid day then a no carb day. That's just me but I responded very well to it and dropped fat faster than ever. But only after I switched to all solid food shakes didn't help me in fact the hinder my progress. Good luck.

Cheers,

Still wondering though... am I doing something wrong? Or is what I'm doing look OK?

I'm a big believer in changing a diet. I've done a few shows and for me, the diet is FAR more important than the cardio as far as leaning out, but the cardio certainly helps in holding poses and helping endurance

Good posting.
I think cardio maybe very beneficial to you instead of dieting because everyone feel disturbing to do dieting but if you do exercise daily the you don't have need to any dieting.

Good posting.
I think cardio maybe very beneficial to you instead of dieting because everyone feel disturbing to do dieting but if you do exercise daily the you don't have need to any dieting.

Cardio alone won't take you where dieting and cardio together will. I also believe that you can diet without cardio and look a lot better than cardio alone, but that's just me

Back