how important are pullups to your back routine

I don't do them anymore. After the bicep and pec tear, I'm all cock eyes and can't do the movement fluidly and smoothly especially at this bodyweight. I may start again but it will have to be with the assisted machine for a while first.

I don't do them anymore. After the bicep and pec tear, I'm all cock eyes and can't do the movement fluidly and smoothly especially at this bodyweight. I may start again but it will have to be with the assisted machine for a while first.

Same here brotha i feel you, two surgeries later and a ruptured bicep my shoulder just wont let me do them anymore, i can I just cant sleep the night after. I think they are important but you can build a plenty good back without them.
One thing ive found that i can do that mimics them is rack chins, also is much easier on my shoulder.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vM-b4qOOWsE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vM-b4qOOWsE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I start EVERY back workout every week with pullups. Minimum of 4 sets of 10 nice and slow getting a good stretch.

Pullups are awesome, they are tough to beat! I usually do them 2x/week for 4-5 sets of 6-10 reps. I try to keep them strict so if I feel myself cheating or anything I'll rest and go again.

I don't do them in my back routine but I have a pull-up bar at home and do them off and on when I'm at home to keep my back and shoulders flexible.

I don't really do pullups, and my back is one of my better body parts.

I just like the lat pulldown machine instead. I can really take the bicep out of the equation this way, and pull with the elbows while focusing on the negatives and positives and slow movements.

Its the only way I got my back to respond

only time i really do pullups is when im getting ready for comp... usually towards the end of the workout

I need to get back doing them more. I do rack chins now and then, but if my shoulder will co-operate, I'm moving towards bringing full chins back.

Back