How Irony just fucked me in the ass

Metal85

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
-I have been out of work for a year.
-I got a job 2 days ago.
-Today my friend calls me about this job I can have making double the money sitting in on OR cases where they break up kidney stones.
-It conflicts with my new job.
-I know my manager that just got me the new job.
-If I had taken this job today (that pays double my salary at the job I started 2 days ago) I will completely burn a bridge in 1 of the 2 main hospitals here.

Someone is laughing very hard right now.

well bro thats a realy tough one, considering you know the one guy who helped ya get this job, but if you explain it to him and explain that u just got a new offer that pays double what can he realy say bro, tell him your drowing in debt and need the higher paying job to support ur family and then thank him for the opportunity he has given you. I mean who can be mad at a guy trying to support a family

well bro thats a realy tough one, considering you know the one guy who helped ya get this job, but if you explain it to him and explain that u just got a new offer that pays double what can he realy say bro, tell him your drowing in debt and need the higher paying job to support ur family and then thank him for the opportunity he has given you. I mean who can be mad at a guy trying to support a family

The situation is the manager is my Dads GF and HR would be the people pissed off and red flagging me after that, and if for whatever reason the new job didnt work I would be totally F'd again :confused:

The situation is the manager is my Dads GF and HR would be the people pissed off and red flagging me after that, and if for whatever reason the new job didnt work I would be totally F'd again :confused:

well then looks like ur staying right where ur at brutha , hey atleast you have a job, alot of unemployed people out there with degress that arent doing shit for them and student loans their drowning in

So your fortunate to even have this problem brutha, i guess thats how u have to look at it ya know

well then looks like ur staying right where ur at brutha , hey atleast you have a job, alot of unemployed people out there with degress that arent doing shit for them and student loans their drowning in

So your fortunate to even have this problem brutha, i guess thats how u have to look at it ya know

Yeah your right thanks man, and unfortunately im one of the guys with degrees and mounting student loans ... damn

I would talk to them. Tell them about the new offer and ask if it would totally screw you if you left. They've probably just finished interviewing others for the job they gave you and might be able to fill it easily if you left. Just tell them that if it looks bad in any way against you that you will stay, or just do your best Dave Chappell as you walk out, "I'm rich, bitch!"

I would talk to them. Tell them about the new offer and ask if it would totally screw you if you left. They've probably just finished interviewing others for the job they gave you and might be able to fill it easily if you left. Just tell them that if it looks bad in any way against you that you will stay, or just do your best Dave Chappell as you walk out, "I'm rich, bitch!"

yeah I already verbally turned the job down, and big buisnesses dont operate that way they lie to your face, they would say no thats fine you will have nothing bad here when u leave, than they would never hire me back

yeah I already verbally turned the job down, and big buisnesses dont operate that way they lie to your face, they would say no thats fine you will have nothing bad here when u leave, than they would never hire me back

Yeah- gotta say this is very true...

yeah, if I were you I would stick with the for sure thing...that would be one serious bridge you'd burn and sooner or later it probably would come back to bite you in the ass

This is brilliant/intelligent as it's gonna get for you metal, this is spot on and some absolute solid advise in the ut-most.

I feel like God has a plan and the sweet temptations are not the wise path to choose. I know for a fact 98% of people would have said fuck who ever they gave there word to and went for more money but im just not built that way...

I feel like God has a plan and the sweet temptations are not the wise path to choose. I know for a fact 98% of people would have said fuck who ever they gave there word to and went for more money but im just not built that way...
Sometimes we ask God to give us strength in making the right decisions, and in return God gives us situations to practice making these GOOD decisions.
I think you made the best move by staying put brother..... Very wise DECISION!

I agree with 100% Bro.. And the grass isn't always grenner on the other side.. And a mans word is everything !!!!

I agree 110%. I was offered a 20k a week job this week. Took 10 seconds to turn it down. You e got a good job. Hang on a while. Later down the road if you feel you should move on do it, but don't burn a bridge. Me personally.... I hunker down and ride it out.

Money isn't always everything. I learned a while ago that you sometimes have to make less money to make more money in the long run if that makes any sense

Money isn't always everything. I learned a while ago that you sometimes have to make less money to make more money in the long run if that makes any sense

it sure does. Best thing is I have a wife that I get along with everday

Back