How to look bigger!!

The Survivor

OK I was asked to be in a commercial, and the producers (and this is small time believe me) want me as big and ripped as I can be at least at my age....they want me to wear a stringer tank top to show the lats and chest etc. So have you found that the tight fitting stringers make you look bigger or smaller than the larger loose fitting ones? I've heard the smaller ones yet I seem to show more skin with the larger ones

I know, trivial question

Survivor, you'll have to share the commercial with us here when it's produced... I know I'm interested to see it!

I know that was off topic... To answer your question, I think a looser fitting one might present the wearer bigger... I have one that I've outgrown and I think the "too small" effect makes me look smaller than if it were bigger. But really I'm guessing. I say, try both and see...

Maybe post pix up here and see what the membership thinks?

Last edited:
yeah i cut my own shirts for the gym or wear under armour , havent put a stringer on in ages lol

I think it's dependant on each person and each shirt. I've got shirts from L to 2XL, and some I look huge in the L and some I look huge in the 2XL. Like said above, post up pics and let us vote.

Kinda off topic but maybe 6 yrs ago my gym hosted a Chamber of Commerce breakfast. Had a small breakfast buffet set up in my weight loss center. My gym is in lower level of a enclosed mini-mall (not a strip mall) and weight loss center is on first floor.

So I'm kind of know for my signature torn stringer tops, looks like a tiger clawed me, drives my manager nuts when I would train in that (it looks too hard core, you look unprofessional etc)....anyway I go up to the breakfast where may have been 30-40 people seated eating. The mayor of this little hamlet thanked me for buying breakfast and tells me in front of everyone he hardly recognized me with my polo shirt on, as he was a member and used to seeing me in ripped stringer. So I said I can change that and went to my office and changed into stringer and went back to breakfast and everyone applauded lol!! Since then, it kinda stuck and I still wear one around the gym from time to time :)

don't wear dark clothing, makes you look smaller.....Like Mountian Man said.....small waist elusion works well.....good luck

be fun to see you post the commercial here on MC....as long as its not for an embarrassing ad like for diarrhea or problems with ED hahaha....

Back