HRT...Tonykemp?

F

Flexmaster

i believe i remember you saying you are on HRT for naturally low testosterone right? what type of doses does someone on HRT use? do they have to go to the doc each week or two to pic up supplies or what? how often do you ge your blood tested? for what?

Yeah, that's right. The doses depend on how you tested out. I tested at 310 the first time and 194 the second time. I was originally prescribed 300 mg every two weeks, but that was later changed to 300 mg every week. Some doctors are very conservative because they don't know much about hormones, and HRT is normally done for older folks. I was only 30 when I was diagnosed which is probably why the doctor went with a higher dose, and I originally went to a urologist so he had no qualms about prescribing testosterone. Since I'll be doing this for the rest of my life, my doctor showed me how to do the shots in my glutes.

I'm probably pretty bad that I haven't really had regular tests since then. ;) Normally, the blood test for liver function/cholesterol/etc. should be done every 6 months. My doctor didn't really seem concerned about that much since I am injecting test cypionate. (I also hate going to the doctor :curse: ) If I was on something like Android (methyltestosterone) all the time, I'd have to make sure I went in for the liver tests though. I've only had to use methyltestosterone a couple of times when Upjohn had production problems and there was a shortage, and the times I have gone out of the country (can't pack syringes, you know).

Doctors can only prescribe you 6 refills at a time because of the steroid law, and they call it in to whatever pharmacy you choose. I pick mine up at Walmart (lol), and insurance copay is currently $10 for the generic brand that is now available (yeah!). Insurance will only cover refills if they are spaced about 10 days apart. I can't get the copay on a refill if it is ordered say two days after a prior refill, but I can still buy it at the regular price (which is still pretty high even for generic). I can get the syringes with needles practically anywhere you can get them, but I get them from getpinz now.

Does that help answer your questions?

so you get 6 weeks of cyp (@300mg/wk) for 60$? so hypothetically speaking you could get your prescription for 6 weeks of cyp (@300mg/wk) and 10 days later you could pick up a refill for another 6 weeks of cyp(@300mg/wk)? could you just pick up your new prescription every 10 days?

No, the vials that I get are 10 ml @ 200 mg/ml dosage. That will last about a month or so--probably six weeks at 300 mg/week, but one vial is $10. Provided I have six refills (well, five because the first one counts as number one--and I do have five right now), every 10 days I can get another vial, so typically six vials would cost a total of $60. Now, if my doctor didn't mind prescribing me when I said I needed a new prescription, I could keep getting more during that six month period, but of course he's a family doctor and afraid of the new steroid law. They have every right to be, since their DEA number is recorded on each prescription.

Now, get this--the last time I had him call in the prescription, I did what I normally do--that is, I call him saying I need a new prescription and then he calls it in, and I get my first vial, etc. THIS time, I pick up my prescription from the pharmacy, and there's TWO vials in there. Each is marked 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 respectively. That means I got TWO vials for $10! What I'm hoping is that each time I refill, I will get two vials again. That would rock! I'm not entirely sure why I got two, but he obviously wrote the prescription that way this time.

Just to clarify a bit, 200 mg /ml would give you 200 mg in 1 cc. So if I draw 1.5 cc, I get 300 mg in a dose. 2.5 cc gives you 500 mg. So depending on how much you draw each time, that one vial can go pretty quickly if you want a higher amount.

tonykemp said:
No, the vials that I get are 10 ml @ 200 mg/ml dosage. That will last about a month or so--probably six weeks at 300 mg/week, but one vial is $10. Provided I have six refills (well, five because the first one counts as number one--and I do have five right now), every 10 days I can get another vial, so typically six vials would cost a total of $60. Now, if my doctor didn't mind prescribing me when I said I needed a new prescription, I could keep getting more during that six month period, but of course he's a family doctor and afraid of the new steroid law. They have every right to be, since their DEA number is recorded on each prescription.

Now, get this--the last time I had him call in the prescription, I did what I normally do--that is, I call him saying I need a new prescription and then he calls it in, and I get my first vial, etc. THIS time, I pick up my prescription from the pharmacy, and there's TWO vials in there. Each is marked 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 respectively. That means I got TWO vials for $10! What I'm hoping is that each time I refill, I will get two vials again. That would rock! I'm not entirely sure why I got two, but he obviously wrote the prescription that way this time.
so did you just save the other 10ml vial or did you up your dosage? not to pry too much, just curious because i dont know anyone but you on legit hrt and am thinking about going to talk with a hrt doc my regular doctor reffered me too.

I had to 'save' it for later 'cause my wife hates it when I take 'extra' shots, but I've been taking around 400 to 500 for a little while. She can't normally tell how much I have in the pin, but she'd notice if I took more than one shot.

Optimal, I've heard that too, but I've never heard how you do it. (Although I didn't have to try.)

optimalbalance said:
Flex, I'm sure you already know this but you can drop your "count" way down before lab work.
REALLY??? LOL, yeah i know. i was mainly just curious about how the whole thing works and thought i'd ask.

tonykemp said:
Optimal, I've heard that too, but I've never heard how you do it. (Although I didn't have to try.)
its really easy if you think about what aas does to natural test.

Flex, how old are you? I though you were in your mid twenties or so....might be hard to convince the doc at that age.

brew said:
Flex, how old are you? I though you were in your mid twenties or so....might be hard to convince the doc at that age.
22 on may 9th...i've got super good insurance. i only have to pay between 5-10$ for most prescriptions...even when i was on accutane. i figured i could at least go talk with him and see what he says. i was going to talk wit him about getting my blood checked regularly as well.

tonykemp said:
And with your build...
LOL, you should see me in real life...i look like shit!

An update on what I mentioned earlier on my prescription...

Apparently, I do get two each time on this prescription. I refilled it, and they had two vials in the bag. Looks like I really scored this time around!

tonykemp said:
An update on what I mentioned earlier on my prescription...

Apparently, I do get two each time on this prescription. I refilled it, and they had two vials in the bag. Looks like I really scored this time around!
good for you...does that mean they put you on a higher dose or gave you less prescriptions per year (3 perscriptions instead of 6 perscriptions since you are getting twice you were before.)

The script was for six total refills so I would say my doc has put me on a higher dose.

It is certainly legal to mail a 90-day supply if you have a perfectly legal script for it. More than likely, it would have some documentation with it and customs would allow it through (or should).

Back