I have celiac disease!!

winneevee

Over the years eating gluten, or wheat, has taken its toll on my intestinal walls which has lead to my body not absorbing foods properly.. I have been skinny my whole life and find it extremely hard to put on weight because of this. When I eat alot of food, instead of it getting absorbed into my body, it has just sat in my intestines which caused me to get a bloated abdomen, bloated face, and acne, nausea, etc...I also have had pain so bad in my stomach I have gone to the emergency room on different occasions. I mentioned a supplement earlier called acidiphilus that has helped because it has been helping repair my intestinal walls.. I did not know this until now.. Doctor says I should start gaining wieght as my intestines start to heal. Dr says he knew of a guy who gained 35 lbs and dropped his bf to 2% after proper diagnosis of celiac disease. Hopefully I can have similar results. Anyways I feel 100% better now, physically and emotionally..... I will keep yall posted on my results..

Here is an article I found:
http://www.1for1.com/Article_about_Celiac-disease-symptoms-a-3523.html

Celiac Disease is one of several conditions that are classified under the general label of malabsorption syndromes. All malabsorption syndromes interfere with the body's ability to absorb nutrients from the intestinal wall, and therefore anyone suffering from a malabsorption disease will also be likely to suffer from nutritional deficiencies.

Celiac disease is caused by the body's inability to tolerate gluten, a protein found in wheat and other grains. This intolerance causes abnormal changes in the lining of the small intestine and interferes with the absorption of nutrients. The disease usually starts in childhood, after about six months of age, but it has been known to appear in adults--or even to reappear in adults who suffered from the disease in childhood, but who have been free of symptoms for years.

Symptoms

The symptoms of celiac disease are similar in children and adults. The victims suffer painful abdominal bloating, and their stools are usually pale, bulky, and foul-smelling. They are also likely to suffer nutritional deficiencies, especially iron deficiency anemia. In childen, celiac disease is marked by a failure to grow.

Treatment

The treatment of celiac disease requires the elimination of gluten from the diet. Grains that can be substituted for wheat in a gluten-free diet include corn, rice, and buckwheat.

But getting rid of all gluten in the diet sounds far easier to accomplish than it actually is, because so many common foods and ingestible products contain (often undisclosed) gluten. Who would think, for example, to worry that both beer and communion wafers would trigger symptoms in a person with celiac disease?

Children with celiac disease often feel frustrated, even persecuted, because they must be denied many of the foods their peers so obviously enjoy, and even adults are bound to feel deprived by such limited food choices in a world where gluten-laden treats beckon from all sides.

Nutritional Supplements

Because serious nutritional deficiencies can result from celiac disease--not justas a result of the effects of malabsorption, but also because so many nutritious foods must be avoided--a celiac sufferer requires nutritional supplements to replace lost nutrients such as zinc, iron, and B vitamins.

Are you absolutely sure it's Celiac? That's a hard one to overcome, but it is possible.

saudades said:
Are you absolutely sure it's Celiac? That's a hard one to overcome, but it is possible.

100% sure. It took alot of test(bloodwork, colonoscopy, food elimination diets) to narrow it down to gluten..

wow, God bless bro. Glad you got it figured out, now of course it's time to modify your diet and heal. Good luck and get well soon.

Now that you know what the problem is you can control it and get back to life..

I do not know about your disease but I do know most Drs. will try to medicate the shit out of as a answer to any syndrome, disease or disorder a person has. Attempt to find your own answers Naturally and Holistically... Good luck.. BBB

The good thing is there is so much more of a food selection for Celiac patients than there used to be a few years ago at grocery stores.

Thanks alot for everyone's support! This really sucks but hell, Life aint easy, and if it was, it wouldnt be worth it!

You'll be alright now that you know what has been going on. You can still get big even with celiac. I knew a guy with celiac myself who gained a good 20-30 lbs naturally, so it can be done.

Well so far im eating just as many calories, getting my calories mostly from grilled chicken, fruit, and fruit juices... I will eventually be eating more things, I just dont wanna eat something with hidden gluten. One thing I have noticed is my muscle mass. I mean im not growing like incredible hulk, but its noticable. I will keep yall posted. Also here is a video for everyone just in case you wanna know more...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4v-9U8GbLu0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4v-9U8GbLu0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"The victims suffer painful abdominal bloating, and their stools are usually pale, bulky, and foul-smelling"

holy Shit!! maybe im not fat, i just have celiac disease!!!

normalsucks said:
"The victims suffer painful abdominal bloating, and their stools are usually pale, bulky, and foul-smelling"

holy Shit!! maybe im not fat, i just have celiac disease!!!

or you're just full of shit.

Ive had severe abdominal cramping and other issues growing up, and have been taken to the emergency room on several occasions because the pain was so unbearable. All the doctor said was that I was constipated... WAS HE WRONG! I question doctors these days, because sometimes I feel like they are guessing at whats wrong then actually running the correct test to find the real problem.

trentracks said:
I dont have full blown celiac just a gluten intolerence and it sucks but it,s just a diet change.

for me its not only gluten but lactose as well... this blows! Im having trouble finding food to eat, i think im going through like 12 bananas a day.. hoipefully I will slowly find foods that my body agrees with..

Back