Idiots in the gym

S

saudades

When will they ever learn? Was at the gym last night, and there was a 6' 5" guy using dumbbells one arm at a time doing some kind of rotator cuff (I suppose) exercise. All the while, I notice he's talking out loud constantly so upon a closer look, he has one of those Bluetooth devices in his ear--he's ON THE PHONE chatting away as he sort of goes through the motion of this strange exercise he's doing! Arrrrrgh!!

WOW...they will never learn. B/c the world will always be full of idiots. It's a little unusual to see them around now though, usually they're in full force right after X-mas. I will never forget about the time I saw the guy "attacking" the cable crossover. He wanted to be a UFC fighter and he was yelling as loud as he could every time he would jump in the air with a flying elbow to the pad on the lat-pull down that sat on th eoutside of it.

lmao i saw similar thing last week. Bluetooth in his ear and he was on the deadlift machine yeah thats right we have a deadlift contraption thats a piece of shit. I didnt think he was on the phone i guess whoever he was talking to was talking alot he says, hang on a sec gotta do a set... lmao i just started laughing out loud and walked off.

never fails, always some douch bag with the i-robot head piece on thinkin hes someone special, in the gym no less

I didnt think he was on the phone i guess whoever he was talking to was talking alot he says, hang on a sec gotta do a set...

LMAO! That's a classic, swole!

Unfortunately for me, my gym was bought out by 24-hr Fitness, so now everyone thinks this is the best gym--it's January all over again.

Spiderman said:
WOW...they will never learn. B/c the world will always be full of idiots. It's a little unusual to see them around now though, usually they're in full force right after X-mas. I will never forget about the time I saw the guy "attacking" the cable crossover. He wanted to be a UFC fighter and he was yelling as loud as he could every time he would jump in the air with a flying elbow to the pad on the lat-pull down that sat on th eoutside of it.
we've got a couple of these "MMA" guys at my gym.
I saw one guy doing tricep pressdown, and in between sets he would pretend-knee the frame supports.

ok retard, dont you do that kind of training at the dojo or whatever? the gym if for weight training and cardio. And I just love paying more gym dues because some douchbag decides to spar with the expensive equipment.

I am back in the gym these past two months for the first time in years really and I forgot about my favorite type of a-hole. The "I can drop anything louder than you" guy who does a set with 100's thinking he is arnold or something because "wow nobody could possibly be that strong to use 100's" (notice the sarcasm) meanwhile doing reps that are about 3cm from top to bottom, then launching the drop with extra oomf so they could take out someone's toes in the next room. I actually think this type gets more out of the 'drop rep' than the rest of the 'set' (if you call it a set. As a result I love going to pick up a set of dumbbells for my set and seeing that they are warped. Thanks bro!

Yep, those guys are definitely annoying. One guy broke a 120 lb dumbbell doing that at a gym I used to go to.

Some people just don't give a fuck ...lol I get a kick out of watching these people sometimes though.

Also to note, I have NEVER, EVER seen anyone with any amount of serious development treat the weights in such a manner. Just goes to show you...They dont respect or understand their body either.

There is this one kid at my gym we call the Juice Goblin because he is five foot nothing, and it looks like he has a million different supps running through his body, and he always walks around chest out like a peacock. Makes me laugh

lol...I've seen so many foolish things at the gym. There was one guy who would shadow box after every set he did, there were the guys that slammed weights on the ground, there were the "wanna-be's" who would do 2 inch bench presses to somehow impress the other members. lol. I once saw a guy get his foot smashed from someone throwing their weights down. Another time I saw a guy split a french curl bar in half from slamming it down on rack and it cut the shit out of him when he tried to catch the two falling sides. haha. I've seen guys smash their heads with 120lb dumbells on their first set doing skull crushers because again they were trying to show up someone else. IDIOTS.

I have seen LOT'S of idiots but just the other day I come in the gym and there is this
old guy (yeah, older then me) doing seated pully rows with the pin @1 (10lbs).
He is screaming when it hits top and again when it hits bottom - all the while his
head is turned sideways looking at some teenage girl waiting for her to notice him.
She was looking anywhere but - also, he was in street clothes. Now thats a
creepy idiot!!

mcgaret said:
I have seen LOT'S of idiots but just the other day I come in the gym and there is this
old guy (yeah, older then me) doing seated pully rows with the pin @1 (10lbs).
He is screaming when it hits top and again when it hits bottom - all the while his
head is turned sideways looking at some teenage girl waiting for her to notice him.
She was looking anywhere but - also, he was in street clothes. Now thats a
creepy idiot!!
could that have been Irishpride???

Just the other night, there were four highschoolers built like sticks trying to bench. Stupid goofy kids nearly killed themselves a couple of times. They would put an amount of weight on, position their arms where you would normally put them to do close-grip benches, then they would try to lift this weight. A couple of times the poor kid almost let it crush his rib cage. Luckily for him, two of his friends caught the bar at the last moment. What do they do next? You got it, put more weight on and try it again. Every one of them took their turn and did the same thing. IDIOTS!!

saudades said:
Just the other night, there were four highschoolers built like sticks trying to bench. Stupid goofy kids nearly killed themselves a couple of times. They would put an amount of weight on, position their arms where you would normally put them to do close-grip benches, then they would try to lift this weight. A couple of times the poor kid almost let it crush his rib cage. Luckily for him, two of his friends caught the bar at the last moment. What do they do next? You got it, put more weight on and try it again. Every one of them took their turn and did the same thing. IDIOTS!!
I aint gunna lie bro, thats freakin funny.

Had some more (different) kids in the gym again. Doing the bench again. These kids had a large piece of foam that they put on the chest of the one benching. The kid then proceeded to lift, and when he came down, he would bounce it off this piece of foam on his chest. Did it a little hard a few times. I'm surprised that these kids didn't end up cracking their sternum (if they actually didn't, who knows?). They really need to make young kids like that go through some kind of orientation so they don't end up killing themselves.

saudades said:
Had some more (different) kids in the gym again. Doing the bench again. These kids had a large piece of foam that they put on the chest of the one benching. The kid then proceeded to lift, and when he came down, he would bounce it off this piece of foam on his chest. Did it a little hard a few times. I'm surprised that these kids didn't end up cracking their sternum (if they actually didn't, who knows?). They really need to make young kids like that go through some kind of orientation so they don't end up killing themselves.
where the hell do they learn this shit?
okay, so they use the excuse "im a powerlifter" :rolleyes: Even a powerlifter knows what good form is. probably more so than even a bodybuilder.

Back