if Presser can post laptop question I can too. BASIC questions..

mcgaret

OK. Oldest dauther will be heading to college and I guess its time to get her a Apple (or Mac, same
thing, right?) I DONT KNOW CRAP, i use a dell. Just starting to look, what do I look for and how much
am I talking money wise, warranty sugestions ect. Her dell still works good and is bout 4 years old.
Now, my other daughter, 2nd year in highschool, (they use for homework and everything else) Had a
dell for little over a year and it died. Warrenty just experied and not worth fixing. Dont want to spend
big dough so was thinking of another dell (with mabey 3 year warranty this time which will take her to
college time. What suggestions you guys have, any ideas, what should I do. Like I said I am a dinasour
on this shit. Thanks And no I dont want to buy your used apple for 8,000 dollars. lol

Honestly the best thing to do is find an Apple store in the mall and start asking questions. I say find the Apple store because they know their shit and will best represent their product. You can go to Best Buy to get the same laptop, save no money and chances are the dork selling it to you doesnt know shit. The people at the Apple store know their product.

Honestly the best thing to do is find an Apple store in the mall and start asking questions. I say find the Apple store because they know their shit and will best represent their product. You can go to Best Buy to get the same laptop, save no money and chances are the dork selling it to you doesnt know shit. The people at the Apple store know their product.

I'd have to agree with him. I walked into an Apple store (granted I'm not too technologically inclined) and the guy in there talked about things I'd never heard of. I was impressed with his knowledge. If he didn't know what he was talking about he certainly had me fooled

apples are all the rage now with students, you might be able to get a discount when ordering for a student though (its not big).

Actually best buy sells them for a little less than apple store most of the time. just get the baseline mac book pro. I just checked on the bestbuy website and its going for 1129.99 (about 70 dollars off apple store price). You can pick up a macbook air for a couple hundred less. Another good thing at best buy is you can look for the open box computers and save 10-15%. I got my mac mini for 70 dollars off the normal price.

When looking at schools with my daughter all of them said useing Windows was best and if you had Mac you had to buy a program to change over. I forget all the fine details but i would ask the school whats best system to run.

Back