IGF & Tick illnesses

I'm hangin in there. Still on my meds and doing my shots 3 times per week. They do seem to be helping.
I see my doc on oct 4th again so we will see where we go from here. I'm ready to be over this crap at this point but its a annoying battle. I am going to try to get back into the gym very soon and see how I do. I need to push some weight around! Thanks for checking in. I will stay in touch and let you know how it's going.

No problem brutha and hope all goes well Oct 4th and yeah bro try to hit some weights , it can't hurt and can only help I would imagine

To Presser. Hope you are well bro. This Lyme has been a roller coaster ride and the ride is still carrying me along.
Hope all is well with you all here. Sorry I haven't been available much but wanted to say hey and will DM you very soon. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw - my hormones have tested for the past 6 months. I am ranging from 450- mid 500's. I'm 39 to almost 40. I think it's time to fix that problem. IGF and some test therapy? My doc has also suggested trying out some gel.... Thoughts?

Stay away from the gel imo. Stick with the test cyp or ethenate intramuscularly. You'll get much better results that way. I've used the gel in the past and wasn't impressed at all. I'm currently on TRT with test cypionate and it works great! Good luck!

Stay away from the gel imo. Stick with the test cyp or ethenate intramuscularly. You'll get much better results that way. I've used the gel in the past and wasn't impressed at all. I'm currently on TRT with test cypionate and it works great! Good luck!

I tried enanthenate about 5 years ago and it was great. I lost all of my gains now though from being sick and on heavy antibiotics.

My last test for hormones they also checked my IgF-1 levels and they were in normal range.

I have used the MC IGF-1 about 4 times in the past and was awesome! 40-50 mcg post workout. It was great and slept like a baby, which was a nice bonus!

I am suffering from lots of muscle and joint inflammation from the late stage Lyme and I think it will help tremendously. It's been a terrible year for me. I remember how well I felt with IGF.

Here was my test in April for test levels.
460.... Not that great right? Range is 240-950.

Free test is 13... Not sure what that marker tells me....

5u8y5uju.jpg

I tried enanthenate about 5 years ago and it was great. I lost all of my gains now though from being sick and on heavy antibiotics.

My last test for hormones they also checked my IgF-1 levels and they were in normal range.

I have used the MC IGF-1 about 4 times in the past and was awesome! 40-50 mcg post workout. It was great and slept like a baby, which was a nice bonus!

I am suffering from lots of muscle and joint inflammation from the late stage Lyme and I think it will help tremendously. It's been a terrible year for me. I remember how well I felt with IGF.

hey bro, i almost missed this post, good to hear from ya! sorry to hear about the pain and inflammation , that sucks, not sure if the igf will help with that, it might very well help as you said, and i can't see it hurting to try ya know.

anyhow i will bump this up for your questions on your free test 13 levels

hey bro, i almost missed this post, good to hear from ya! sorry to hear about the pain and inflammation , that sucks, not sure if the igf will help with that, it might very well help as you said, and i can't see it hurting to try ya know.

anyhow i will bump this up for your questions on your free test 13 levels

Presser - thanks bro. At this point I can't think of why I shouldn't give it a shot and also try to get some workouts in.

Hey read this from an article I found online.

Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and IGF 1 are your body’s repair and rejuvenation hormones: they are powerful natural hormonesthat repair and regenerate damaged tissue and restore normal function.

These hormones have been shown to be depleted in those with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome), Fibromyalgia and Chronic Infections such as Lyme Disease and its co-infections.

CFS and Fibromyalgia as well as nervous system damage are of course also common in Lyme Disease sufferers.

HGH and IGF1 are both potent Regenerators of both your Immune System and your Nervous System, including your brain and all its functions.

By using either one or both of these powerful yet natural hormones, we can effectively rapidly repair any organ and tissue damage (brain, and heart etc) that you may have experienced due to the lyme bacteria and its co-infections.

Sounds like you've been through hell & back with this Lyme shit Firsttimer! I don't know much about it.... does your Dr seem to think you'll eventually get back to normal, or is it one of those things where, once you've reached a certain point the symptoms you're currently experiencing are now the norm?
Hang in there bro and best of luck with your recovery! :thumbup:

Sounds like you've been through hell & back with this Lyme shit Firsttimer! I don't know much about it.... does your Dr seem to think you'll eventually get back to normal, or is it one of those things where, once you've reached a certain point the symptoms you're currently experiencing are now the norm?
Hang in there bro and best of luck with your recovery! :thumbup:

Thank you very much man. It's been a strange road. Before I showed symptoms, I was a an animal of sorts. Work hard, play hard type. Now, I am half the man I was before. Now I have to work hard to just get to work and put a good day in at the office. Then it's rest and normal life shit when I can handle it.

Yea- they think I may be stuck with this crap for a while. Thanks for the encouragement. Overall I'm much better than a lot of the other sick people out there so I can't complain too much.... :)

what are the ranges on the lab for free test?

your total # is honesty kind of right in the middle if you can get a script, power on. get injectable, tell them you have children or are around children and dont want it to rub off on them or your wife etc. and you'll forget to use it daily vs. 1 shot every 10 days.

My sis got lymes disease and ended up with bells palsy (mild paralysis) got treatment and it reversed itself. Yours sounds like a terrible case though bro. I know its something you need to live with once you get it and symptoms tend to pop up along the road. I hope my sis and dad don't come down with such a terrible case as in yours. All is all I envy your positivity. Life throws us some pretty crappy curve balls and you got your mind in the right place. Good luck with the script and battle with the lymes... I bet once you get your test up a bit it will contribute to a better environment for your body to make a quicker recovery

My sis got lymes disease and ended up with bells palsy (mild paralysis) got treatment and it reversed itself. Yours sounds like a terrible case though bro. I know its something you need to live with once you get it and symptoms tend to pop up along the road. I hope my sis and dad don't come down with such a terrible case as in yours. All is all I envy your positivity. Life throws us some pretty crappy curve balls and you got your mind in the right place. Good luck with the script and battle with the lymes... I bet once you get your test up a bit it will contribute to a better environment for your body to make a quicker recovery

Thanks!! Yea man. Gotta keep the mind in a good place. Fuck it at a certain point. I have learned to ignore my symptoms to a certain extent.

what are the ranges on the lab for free test?

your total # is honesty kind of right in the middle if you can get a script, power on. get injectable, tell them you have children or are around children and dont want it to rub off on them or your wife etc. and you'll forget to use it daily vs. 1 shot every 10 days.

9-30 range

as far as the doc goes your in range.... unless they are a little more knowledgeable and realize that theres in range and there's optimal.

Hey all- long time no talk! It’s been a long time. It’s now 2022. Last post was in 2009. I’m 90% recovered from the Lyme. It left me with a bunch of annoying little aliments but I get by. Skip to now- I’m 47, hormone levels checked in November. 187 total test! Wow that’s low. The doc was surprised. I’m now on 150mg per week of test cypinate. 2 shots per week. 38 Mcgs on Monday’s and thursdays. I am awaiting my first round of blood work after 3 months of being on test.i feel like a new man. Better overall well being, less moody, better erections, etc. We believe between the chronic Lyme which causes hormone imbalance and also a vasectomy. That pushed my levels way down. My doc was sorry to see me so low and said - man you much feel like shit. He also said igf 1 is fine to start up. He’s suggesting 25mcg 5 days a week for like 3-4 months then rest for a few months. On and off. Does this sound like a reasonable dosing amount and sced?
also - he had me doing injections in my belly fat, but I had to switch to my shoulder because the belly sucks. Any thoughts on that?

thanks guys! Glad to be back

Sounds reasonable to me. And it won’t matter if you switch to shoulder as it’s systemic. Glad to hear your nearly better completely. Lyme disease is no joke

Thanks Presser! Long time no talk.
I switched to shoulder and much less irritation under the skin. Agreed that Lyme is no joke man

Back