Is it me or do I have a reason???

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Ok, I don't know if I'm just letting my temper get the better of me or if I have a reason to be mad, but here's the situation...

I'm not going into too much detail, but I was invited to a business meeting that I actually had planned on going to. It isn't anything profesional, just something to basically help me professionally. I had a buddy that wanted to go and told him if I came down I'd pick him up so he could ride with me. The meeting was 2 hours from my house so it would've been a 4 hour round trip. Now I don't like traveling anywhere unless I'm going to be spending as much time at the destination as it takes to travel there (crazy, but if I have to spend more time traveling than I'll actually spend there, I can't justify it). So anyway, I took a nap and slept past the time I needed to leave by. The meeting was at 6 and I woke up at 415. I still needed to get ready so the earliest I could've left was 430, putting me there at 630 at the absolute earliest. I called my buddy and told him I slept longer than expected and that I wasn't going to make it down, he then tries talking me into going and just showing up late. Then the 2 guys who invited me started calling me asking if I'd left yet and telling me that I was going to miss a great time and experience. At this point I started to get aggrevated, I wanted to go and over slept, but then when I had my mind made up that I wasn't going because I would've only been there for a couple of hours it just wasn't worth the drive. I had planned on leaving aroudn 2, getting there at 4 to hang out with my buddy and get something to eat then leave after the meeting around 8 or so, thus spending around 4 hours down there and traveling for 4 hours. They called a couple of more times and I just lost it. I just hung the phone up and now won't talk to any of them. I felt like they were all pushing me to do something after I said I wasn't coming and it got to me. I understand they were probably being sincere and just wanted me to benefit, but when I said I wasn't coming that should've been the end of it. I don't respond well to being pressured into anything and this is how I started to feel, but I don't know if it's a justified reaction or if I'm overreacting.

To put this in another context, imagine sitting at home and your friend calling wanting you to go to the bar with him. You want to go, but just don't feel like getting ready and going out all night. So then they continue to bitch and make you feel bad for not going. That's about how I felt, at that point I'm already pissed so if I would've went, I would've been mad that I was wasting my time, but then they would've been happy. But since I didn't go, I'm still mad because of how they acted and then their mad or upset that I didn't make it. I really don't care about their feelings at this point because I'm still pissed

Ok, I don't know if I'm just letting my temper get the better of me or if I have a reason to be mad, but here's the situation...

I'm not going into too much detail, but I was invited to a business meeting that I actually had planned on going to. It isn't anything profesional, just something to basically help me professionally. I had a buddy that wanted to go and told him if I came down I'd pick him up so he could ride with me. The meeting was 2 hours from my house so it would've been a 4 hour round trip. Now I don't like traveling anywhere unless I'm going to be spending as much time at the destination as it takes to travel there (crazy, but if I have to spend more time traveling than I'll actually spend there, I can't justify it). So anyway, I took a nap and slept past the time I needed to leave by. The meeting was at 6 and I woke up at 415. I still needed to get ready so the earliest I could've left was 430, putting me there at 630 at the absolute earliest. I called my buddy and told him I slept longer than expected and that I wasn't going to make it down, he then tries talking me into going and just showing up late. Then the 2 guys who invited me started calling me asking if I'd left yet and telling me that I was going to miss a great time and experience. At this point I started to get aggrevated, I wanted to go and over slept, but then when I had my mind made up that I wasn't going because I would've only been there for a couple of hours it just wasn't worth the drive. I had planned on leaving aroudn 2, getting there at 4 to hang out with my buddy and get something to eat then leave after the meeting around 8 or so, thus spending around 4 hours down there and traveling for 4 hours. They called a couple of more times and I just lost it. I just hung the phone up and now won't talk to any of them. I felt like they were all pushing me to do something after I said I wasn't coming and it got to me. I understand they were probably being sincere and just wanted me to benefit, but when I said I wasn't coming that should've been the end of it. I don't respond well to being pressured into anything and this is how I started to feel, but I don't know if it's a justified reaction or if I'm overreacting.

To put this in another context, imagine sitting at home and your friend calling wanting you to go to the bar with him. You want to go, but just don't feel like getting ready and going out all night. So then they continue to bitch and make you feel bad for not going. That's about how I felt, at that point I'm already pissed so if I would've went, I would've been mad that I was wasting my time, but then they would've been happy. But since I didn't go, I'm still mad because of how they acted and then their mad or upset that I didn't make it. I really don't care about their feelings at this point because I'm still pissed

lol, is this your "Cult" buddies lol, sure sounds like it to me lol

You sound batshit crazy to me. I'm batshit crazy too. Once you make it clear that you're a little off kilter people tend to give you a lot more slack.

You sound batshit crazy to me. I'm batshit crazy too. Once you make it clear that you're a little off kilter people tend to give you a lot more slack.

That might be some of the best advice anyone has ever shared on this site lol!!!

They see that you have put on 20 pounds of muscle, and you are batshit crazy, they should get the "HINT"...

Back