Jay Cutler, Milos Sarcev Talk Fantasy Battles: Jay vs Dorian Yates, Phil Heath vs. Ronnie Coleman

Muscle Insider

Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler left a storied career behind but still serves as a visible ambassador for the sport. In a recent Cutler Cast Podcast, Cutler and Milos Sarcev discussed past Mr. Olympias and how they’d fare against each other in hypothetical match-ups.
The Men’s Open division has undergone immense changes since the 1990s, which saw six-time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates‘ successful reign. He ushered in an era of mass monsters, a valuable blueprint that athletes have followed decades after his exit from the sport.
In 1998, Ronnie Coleman shocked the bodybuilding world. He brought an unparalleled level of size, conditioning, and vascularity. Not to mention, he’s considered one of the strongest bodybuilders to ever compete, having been made famous for his epic 2,300-pound leg press and 800-pound squat for two reps.
In 2006, Jay Cutler was the chosen one, after almost a decade-long reign, the Massachusetts native did the impossible: he took out his rival Coleman. Cutler held on to the title in 2007 in a controversial contest. Eventually, Cutler would lose his championship honors in 2008 to Dexter Jackson, only to become the first Open athlete to ever win back the Mr. Olympia title a year later.

In the mid-2000s, Phil Heath established himself as a champion under the guidance of Hany Rambod. With cartoonish muscle density and three-dimensional fullness, Heath tied Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s record of seven Mr. Olympia titles.
All of these Mr. Olympias took drastically different paths to establish their dynasties. In their latest offering to fans, Cutler and Sarcev looked closely at how these champions would have fared against each other had they shared the stage.
Jay Cutler & Milos Sarcev Talk Dorian Yates vs. Cutler/ Ronnie Coleman vs. Phil Heath
According to Milos Sarcev, he underestimated the hardness and completeness of Yates’ rugged physique. However, he believes “any version” of Cutler could stand against Yates had they competed.
“Dorian never had good arms but has lines… you know. I don’t think Dorian had the greatest arms, greatest shoulders, greatest chest, greatest abs, greatest legs but put it all together it’s like holy moly. Lat spread, he was killing everybody. Side chest and side triceps, I really didn’t think he’d look as good when I watched the thing, but then I was like what am I talking about he’s good.”
“They say it’s not even fair to compare [past champions from different eras]. Jay said you have to really see it to believe it and appreciate the kind of hardness and dryness, the fibrotic tissue, would 2009 Jay be overwhelmed by any version of Dorian? No. Dorian would not overwhelm you, right, for sure, right.”
“I didn’t have the crazy back and the hardness,” added Cutler.
“Your shoulders are wider, your arms are better,” replied Sarcev.
Even though Heath possessed a freakish and one-of-a-kind physique, Cutler believes Coleman would have defeated ‘The Gift.’
“It’s like arguing Phil Heath versus Ronnie Coleman. Phil had a lot of things going on, but I think if you put him next to Ronnie in his prime he would get overwhelmed a little bit, you know. I’m asking you for the greatest physique ever,” Jay Cutler said.
Before ending the discussion, Sarcev and Cutler agree the greatest physique of all time belongs to Ronnie Coleman.

“’98 Ronnie for me, yeah,” stated Sarcev.
“I think a lot of people would say that same thing,” Cutler said. “I’m a little disappointed people forget about those guys [Lee Haney] and we never talk about Arnold how he was great or how Sergio was great. Even Frank Zane and all these guys, the early guys, you have to take into account the era, the equipment they use. Think about how advanced everything is now.”
This isn’t the first time that Jay Cutler praised Coleman’s prime physique. He joined the Don’t Be Sour podcast recently, where he laid out why Ronnie’s physique has yet to be matched by a contemporary competitor. He specified that Coleman’s combination of crazy muscle density and conditioning made him an extraordinary talent in the sport.
Coleman’s body stands out as the best ever for Sarcev and Cutler. Though, the debate as to who possesses the greatest physique is never truly over.
RELATED: Dana Linn Bailey Joins Jay Cutler, Defends Natural Status, Talks Health Scares & Thyroid Issues
You can watch the full video from the Cutler Cast YouTube channel below:

Published: 7 June, 2023 | 7:21 PM EDT

4m_7f-xegum.jpg
Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler left a storied career behind but still serves as a visible ambassador for the sport. In a recent Cutler Cast Podcast, Cutler and Milos Sarcev discussed past Mr. Olympias and how they’d fare against each other in hypothetical match-ups.

The Men’s Open division has undergone immense changes since the 1990s, which saw six-time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates‘ successful reign. He ushered in an era of mass monsters, a valuable blueprint that athletes have followed decades after his exit from the sport.

In 1998, Ronnie Coleman shocked the bodybuilding world. He brought an unparalleled level of size, conditioning, and vascularity. Not to mention, he’s considered one of the strongest bodybuilders to ever compete, having been made famous for his epic 2,300-pound leg press and 800-pound squat for two reps.

In 2006, Jay Cutler was the chosen one, after almost a decade-long reign, the Massachusetts native did the impossible: he took out his rival Coleman. Cutler held on to the title in 2007 in a controversial contest. Eventually, Cutler would lose his championship honors in 2008 to Dexter Jackson, only to become the first Open athlete to ever win back the Mr. Olympia title a year later.

In the mid-2000s, Phil Heath established himself as a champion under the guidance of Hany Rambod. With cartoonish muscle density and three-dimensional fullness, Heath tied Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s record of seven Mr. Olympia titles.

All of these Mr. Olympias took drastically different paths to establish their dynasties. In their latest offering to fans, Cutler and Sarcev looked closely at how these champions would have fared against each other had they shared the stage.

Jay Cutler & Milos Sarcev Talk Dorian Yates vs. Cutler/ Ronnie Coleman vs. Phil Heath
According to Milos Sarcev, he underestimated the hardness and completeness of Yates’ rugged physique. However, he believes “any version” of Cutler could stand against Yates had they competed.

“Dorian never had good arms but has lines… you know. I don’t think Dorian had the greatest arms, greatest shoulders, greatest chest, greatest abs, greatest legs but put it all together it’s like holy moly. Lat spread, he was killing everybody. Side chest and side triceps, I really didn’t think he’d look as good when I watched the thing, but then I was like what am I talking about he’s good.”

“They say it’s not even fair to compare [past champions from different eras]. Jay said you have to really see it to believe it and appreciate the kind of hardness and dryness, the fibrotic tissue, would 2009 Jay be overwhelmed by any version of Dorian? No. Dorian would not overwhelm you, right, for sure, right.”

“I didn’t have the crazy back and the hardness,” added Cutler.

“Your shoulders are wider, your arms are better,” replied Sarcev.

[/quote]
Even though Heath possessed a freakish and one-of-a-kind physique, Cutler believes Coleman would have defeated ‘The Gift.’

“It’s like arguing Phil Heath versus Ronnie Coleman. Phil had a lot of things going on, but I think if you put him next to Ronnie in his prime he would get overwhelmed a little bit, you know. I’m asking you for the greatest physique ever,” Jay Cutler said.

[/quote]
Before ending the discussion, Sarcev and Cutler agree the greatest physique of all time belongs to Ronnie Coleman.

“’98 Ronnie for me, yeah,” stated Sarcev.

“I think a lot of people would say that same thing,” Cutler said. “I’m a little disappointed people forget about those guys [Lee Haney] and we never talk about Arnold how he was great or how Sergio was great. Even Frank Zane and all these guys, the early guys, you have to take into account the era, the equipment they use. Think about how advanced everything is now.”

[/quote]
This isn’t the first time that Jay Cutler praised Coleman’s prime physique. He joined the Don’t Be Sour podcast recently, where he laid out why Ronnie’s physique has yet to be matched by a contemporary competitor. He specified that Coleman’s combination of crazy muscle density and conditioning made him an extraordinary talent in the sport.

Coleman’s body stands out as the best ever for Sarcev and Cutler. Though, the debate as to who possesses the greatest physique is never truly over.

RELATED: Dana Linn Bailey Joins Jay Cutler, Defends Natural Status, Talks Health Scares & Thyroid Issues

You can watch the full video from the Cutler Cast YouTube channel below:

Published: 7 June, 2023 | 7:21 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back