Jay Cutler Talks Nutrition: ‘My Appetite Is Through the Roof Without Using Heavy Anabolics’

Muscle Insider

Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler is back with another ‘Fit-for-50’ workout and health check-in. In a recent JayCutler TV YouTube video, Cutler opened up about his nutrition and shared a brutal arms-focused training session five weeks from his physique goal.
Competing mostly in the 2000s, Jay Cutler cemented himself as an all-time great with sheer willpower, tenacity, and some of the best legs in the IFBB Pro League. His attention to detail during training sessions paid dividends as he later became the man to dethrone eight-time Mr. Olympia titleholder, Ronnie Coleman. Cutler took second to Coleman four times before exacting his revenge.
Jay Cutler competed against the world’s best and remains the only bodybuilder from the Open to win back a Mr. Olympia title. He accomplished this historic feat after defeating Branch Warren and Dexter ‘The Blade’ Jackson at the 2009 Mr. Olympia show. Jay’s last Olympia contest came in 2013, where he finished sixth before announcing his retirement.

While he has no intentions of returning to compete, Jay Culter mapped out a physique transformation late last year. He’s been open with fans about the process, having shared workouts, physique updates, and even thoughts on his supplements and nutrition. In his latest ‘Fit-for-50’ update, Cutler showcased an impressive physique just seven weeks from his birthday.
Cutler has taken various measures to sculpt his body over the past few months. He’s made it clear that his goal is to get bigger and leaner at the same time. And he believes this can be accomplished mostly with nutrition. Jay said ‘keeping the metabolism guessing’ has always been key for getting in optimal shape. In his latest video, he walked fans through a brutal arms workout.
Jay Cutler Shows Off Arms Workout 5 Weeks from ‘Fit-for-50’ Goal
Check out Cutler’s workout below:

Seated Dip Machine – 4 sets
Rope /bar Triceps Pushdown – 4 sets
Lying French press w/barbell – 4 sets
One Arm Cable Tricep Extension – 4 sets
Atlantis Biceps Curl Machine – 4 sets
Preacher Curl Machine – 4 sets
Dumbbell Biceps Curl – 4 sets
Fat Grip Barbell Curls (22’s) – 4 sets
Kneeling Rope crunches – 4 sets
Power tower Leg Raises – 4 sets
Abdominals Machine – 4 sets

Cutler Sticking to 1 Hr 30 Min of Cardio Daily, Shares Sleep Schedule
Cutler said he’s aiming for an hour and a half of cardio per day. He also looked back on training in the middle of the night during his Olympia preps.

“So I did cardio last night at 3 was my last session. And that’s not good. So, basically, I’m going to do 30 minutes this morning and I’m going to do 30 minutes after training. I’m going to take you guys through another arm day because that seems to be everyone’s favorite day, arm training. So we’re Jay Walking right now, as you guys know, we love our Jay Walks right? I’m feeling good.

As you can see my mood is good. Only slept about four hours, I sleep mainly about five hours a night, everyone says you got to sleep more than that but honestly, that’s what I’ve been used to even when I was prepping. Many of you guys know from following the old videos, I used to train in the middle of the night. In a way, I did it as kind of a mind f to the other guys. Because they used to see me training in the DVDs and all that stuff. We didn’t have social media,” Jay Cutler shared.

Jay’s Typical Breakfast, Talks Greatest Challenges Before Turning 50
Cutler shared an average breakfast with fans. Then talked about the biggest obstacles he’s facing before turning 50.

“A couple whole eggs. The egg whites are from International Egg Whites Mac. I got a couple slices of Ezekiel raisin bread. I’m going to have a half a cup of low-fat cottage cheese. That much pineapple [few pieces]. And a cup of coffee, and I’m going to have a little I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. And that’s it..”

whole eggs
Ezekiel raisin bread
low-fat cottage cheese 1/2 cup
pineapple
coffee
margarin

According to Cutler, his toughest challenge is transforming his physique without the use of performance-enhancing drugs, other than testosterone replacement therapy.

“I’m doing this transformation – and I think I’m pretty good at what I did for 20 years. We still have people that try to tell me that, ‘This is what you need to do!’ No, just people are always giving opinions, you know. ‘This is what you need to do, this is how you need to look.’ You know what I say… the same thing I said when I was training for every Olympia.

I don’t think any Olympia ended exactly the same, right? It’s all circumstantial, it’s all trial and error. You think that – okay, this weight looks good, this amount of food you eat looks good, this amount of cardio, this is where I train harder, train less. There’s no formula that’s perfection because variables take place right? The body is the most complicated piece of machinery ever. So, it’s going to be reactive differently under different situations.”

“The biggest obstacle I have is training without all the extras, we know what we’re talking about. So, I’m in uncharted territory to carry muscle and get as lean as possible,” said Cutler. “My appetite is through the roof, that’s one thing I can tell you guys without using any heavy anabolics and stuff, my appetite is just crazy.”

Before ending the video, Cutler mentioned that he has avoided fat burners but may consider them at the four-week mark.

“I mentioned in the beginning of this video, I don’t necessarily take fat burners, although maybe the last few weeks. We’re at five weeks, so at four weeks I need to re-evaluate the body and say, okay, do I need to hustle? I felt like at seven weeks out I had a hustle, I’ve now upped the cardio to one hour and thirty minutes a day.”

This isn’t the first time Cutler has brought up anabolics. In a Cutler Cast Podcast, Cutler took issue with new-gen bodybuilders openly discussing steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs. He believes talking publicly about the matter could end up hurting athletes down the road with other opportunities.

Whether it’s training for 20-inch arms or fasted cardio, Cutler is a valuable resource for the bodybuilding community. He hopes to display his best physique in 10 years in just over one month in celebration of his 50th birthday.

You can watch the full video from the JayCutlerTV YouTube channel below:

Published: 12 July, 2023 | 4:07 PM EDT

Collage-Maker-12-Jul-2023-03-30-PM-4213.jpg
Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler is back with another ‘Fit-for-50’ workout and health check-in. In a recent JayCutler TV YouTube video, Cutler opened up about his nutrition and shared a brutal arms-focused training session five weeks from his physique goal.

Competing mostly in the 2000s, Jay Cutler cemented himself as an all-time great with sheer willpower, tenacity, and some of the best legs in the IFBB Pro League. His attention to detail during training sessions paid dividends as he later became the man to dethrone eight-time Mr. Olympia titleholder, Ronnie Coleman. Cutler took second to Coleman four times before exacting his revenge.

Jay Cutler competed against the world’s best and remains the only bodybuilder from the Open to win back a Mr. Olympia title. He accomplished this historic feat after defeating Branch Warren and Dexter ‘The Blade’ Jackson at the 2009 Mr. Olympia show. Jay’s last Olympia contest came in 2013, where he finished sixth before announcing his retirement.

While he has no intentions of returning to compete, Jay Culter mapped out a physique transformation late last year. He’s been open with fans about the process, having shared workouts, physique updates, and even thoughts on his supplements and nutrition. In his latest ‘Fit-for-50’ update, Cutler showcased an impressive physique just seven weeks from his birthday.

Cutler has taken various measures to sculpt his body over the past few months. He’s made it clear that his goal is to get bigger and leaner at the same time. And he believes this can be accomplished mostly with nutrition. Jay said ‘keeping the metabolism guessing’ has always been key for getting in optimal shape. In his latest video, he walked fans through a brutal arms workout.

Jay Cutler Shows Off Arms Workout 5 Weeks from ‘Fit-for-50’ Goal
Check out Cutler’s workout below:

• Seated Dip Machine – 4 sets
  • Rope /bar Triceps Pushdown – 4 sets
  • Lying French press w/barbell – 4 sets
  • One Arm Cable Tricep Extension – 4 sets
  • Atlantis Biceps Curl Machine – 4 sets
  • Preacher Curl Machine – 4 sets
  • Dumbbell Biceps Curl – 4 sets
  • Fat Grip Barbell Curls (22’s) – 4 sets
  • Kneeling Rope crunches – 4 sets
  • Power tower Leg Raises – 4 sets
  • Abdominals Machine – 4 sets
Cutler Sticking to 1 Hr 30 Min of Cardio Daily, Shares Sleep Schedule
Cutler said he’s aiming for an hour and a half of cardio per day. He also looked back on training in the middle of the night during his Olympia preps.

“So I did cardio last night at 3 was my last session. And that’s not good. So, basically, I’m going to do 30 minutes this morning and I’m going to do 30 minutes after training. I’m going to take you guys through another arm day because that seems to be everyone’s favorite day, arm training. So we’re Jay Walking right now, as you guys know, we love our Jay Walks right? I’m feeling good.

As you can see my mood is good. Only slept about four hours, I sleep mainly about five hours a night, everyone says you got to sleep more than that but honestly, that’s what I’ve been used to even when I was prepping. Many of you guys know from following the old videos, I used to train in the middle of the night. In a way, I did it as kind of a mind f to the other guys. Because they used to see me training in the DVDs and all that stuff. We didn’t have social media,” Jay Cutler shared.

[/quote]
Jay’s Typical Breakfast, Talks Greatest Challenges Before Turning 50
Cutler shared an average breakfast with fans. Then talked about the biggest obstacles he’s facing before turning 50.

“A couple whole eggs. The egg whites are from International Egg Whites Mac. I got a couple slices of Ezekiel raisin bread. I’m going to have a half a cup of low-fat cottage cheese. That much pineapple [few pieces]. And a cup of coffee, and I’m going to have a little I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. And that’s it..”

[/quote]
  • whole eggs
  • Ezekiel raisin bread
  • low-fat cottage cheese 1/2 cup
  • pineapple
  • coffee
  • margarin
According to Cutler, his toughest challenge is transforming his physique without the use of performance-enhancing drugs, other than testosterone replacement therapy.

“I’m doing this transformation – and I think I’m pretty good at what I did for 20 years. We still have people that try to tell me that, ‘This is what you need to do!’ No, just people are always giving opinions, you know. ‘This is what you need to do, this is how you need to look.’ You know what I say… the same thing I said when I was training for every Olympia.

I don’t think any Olympia ended exactly the same, right? It’s all circumstantial, it’s all trial and error. You think that – okay, this weight looks good, this amount of food you eat looks good, this amount of cardio, this is where I train harder, train less. There’s no formula that’s perfection because variables take place right? The body is the most complicated piece of machinery ever. So, it’s going to be reactive differently under different situations.”

The biggest obstacle I have is training without all the extras, we know what we’re talking about. So, I’m in uncharted territory to carry muscle and get as lean as possible,” said Cutler. “My appetite is through the roof, that’s one thing I can tell you guys without using any heavy anabolics and stuff, my appetite is just crazy.”
[/quote]
Before ending the video, Cutler mentioned that he has avoided fat burners but may consider them at the four-week mark.

“I mentioned in the beginning of this video, I don’t necessarily take fat burners, although maybe the last few weeks. We’re at five weeks, so at four weeks I need to re-evaluate the body and say, okay, do I need to hustle? I felt like at seven weeks out I had a hustle, I’ve now upped the cardio to one hour and thirty minutes a day.”

[/quote]
This isn’t the first time Cutler has brought up anabolics. In a Cutler Cast Podcast, Cutler took issue with new-gen bodybuilders openly discussing steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs. He believes talking publicly about the matter could end up hurting athletes down the road with other opportunities.

Whether it’s training for 20-inch arms or fasted cardio, Cutler is a valuable resource for the bodybuilding community. He hopes to display his best physique in 10 years in just over one month in celebration of his 50th birthday.

You can watch the full video from the JayCutlerTV YouTube channel below:

Published: 12 July, 2023 | 4:07 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back